Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Michiko Fujikawa, the Aware

quote:

Who are you?

My name is Michiko Fujikawa, and there's... nothing really special about me. Let's see, I, uh, just started my first semester at UCL, I work part-time in a small bookshop called White Rose Books, I spend most of my free time reading, or watching horror movies, I currently live alone, and, uh... hm. What else was there? Oh, yes, and I've somehow managed to get myself involved in the world of the supernatural.

It's... a long story. Let's just say for now that I'm a girl who's currently way in over her head.

quote:

How long have you been in the city?

London is my home. My older sister and I were born and raised here when our parents moved into the city.

Like I said before, I'm living by myself now. My parents passed away when I was young, and my sister- Kaede, she... I'm still trying to find out what happened to her.

quote:

How did you learn about the supernatural?

It all started two years ago. Do you remember the incident in Piccadilly Circus, during that one foggy night, when all those people mysteriously disappeared without a trace? One of those people... was Kaede, my sister.

Kaede is- was the only family I had left, and I... I had to know what happened to her. The police were being no help, so I decided to find out what happened on my own. I spent weeks, months searching, following as many leads as I can.

During my search, I stumbled upon a world I had no business in knowing. A world where all the myths and legends you heard were true. A world where vampires, werewolves, demons, and unicorns really exist. A world... of the supernatural.

I... almost didn't believe it at first, but when I saw a man turn into a giant wold beast right in front of my very eyes, I... couldn't deny it anymore. It was all real. All of it, and now I've become a part of that world, whether I like it or not.

quote:

Why is this city worth saving?

I ask myself that same question everyday. Why do I keep doing this? Why do I keep involving myself in the affairs of beings more powerful than I am? I'm not... special. I'm not strong, I can't cast magic, I can't fly, heck, I can't even hold a gun properly. I'm only human, and if I ever cross the wrong person, then that's it for me. Most of these affairs don't even involve my sister's disappearance, and so why, then? Why do I keep risking my life for the people in this city?

And then I remember why; it's because someone has to do it. I can't... I can't ignore any of this, no matter how much I want to sometimes. I've learned too much, and I can't... I can't just willingly ignore everything that's happened around me. There are lives, real lives in danger, and I... I couldn't ignore that.

My sister... worked for the police, and she always had a strong sense of justice to her. She would always try to do the right thing, and she would always speak up whenever she thinks something is wrong, which got her into trouble sometimes. I think... some of that rubbed off on me, and that's why I do what I do. I'm not... I'm not as strong, or as capable as her, but I... I still try. I try to make sure that justice is done, just like she would.

quote:

What mystery are you currently looking into?

I'm still looking into the disappearances that happened two years ago. Most people would've given up by now, but I never did. I never stopped looking.

I've learned bits and pieces over the years, the biggest thing I've learned so far is that this isn't the first time something like this happened. The other time it happened was over a 100 years ago. There was a thick fog, just like that night, and when the fog cleared, people went missing, and, just like that night two years ago, nobody knew what happened to them. It's almost like... they disappeared from existence.

There's a rumor going around, of a man who fits the description of one of the people who disappeared 100 years ago showing up recently, and he claims to have forgotten who he was, and how he got here. It's not much, but this man, whoever he is, is my only lead for now.

quote:

Who’s an important person from your faction?

Have you ever wondered how none of this spread to the public? It's all because of Chief Superintendent Iris Faraday. She's in charge of a small squad who are tasked to deal with crimes of the supernatural variety, and to make sure the public doesn't find out about any of this. She's a tough old lady, but I suppose you need to be tough in her line of work.

quote:

What’s one thing that your faction does better than everyone else?

This... is going to sound really cheesy, but I really do believe that our greatest strength is our own humanity. God, I can't believe I actually said that. We're not as strong as the other factions, but we are determined, and we are clever. We have to be clever if we ever hope to deal with the threats that come our way.

No matter how stacked the odds may be against us, we always find a way. Always.

quote:

Who’s an important person locally outside of your faction?

Jamile is a werewolf who's been working with Chief Superintendent Faraday's squad. From what I understand, Jamile is the leader of a clan of werewolves, and they've been recently having trouble with vampires who are trying to take over their territory. When she heard about this, Chief Faraday struck up a deal with him; her squad would help him deal with the vampires, and in exchange, he, and his clan, would help her with her investigations, and help her deal with occult threats.

I've talked with Jamile a few times. He's... a little rough, and he can be a little hot-headed, but I can see his heart is in the right place. He reminds me a lot about my sister, in a way.

He's also kinda cute, but don't tell him I said that!

quote:

What’s an important part of town for your faction?

Believe it or not, but it's Westminster Abbey. Apparently, the abbey is considered as neutral ground, and violence is strictly prohibited while you're inside. It's where we meet and negotiate with the other factions.

quote:

What’s an interesting place in town?

There's, uh, this library. It doesn't have a name, and it... doesn't really have a set location either. The library is at a different place everyday, and finding it is... well, it's a giant pain, and entering it is a long, complicated, process. I've only been there once. The library is filled with old books and tomes that are practically centuries old, and you can find information about all sorts of things related to the occult and magic there. It's also really easy to get lost in, which... might have happened to me. I... really don't want to talk about it.

quote:

Name: Michiko Fujikawa
Look: female, asian, casual clothes
Demeanor: nervous

Stats:
Blood -1
Heart +1
Mind +2
Spirit +0

Factions:
Mortality +2
Night +0
Power +1
Wild -1

Moves:
Snoop: When you keep an eye out for trouble, roll with Mind. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. While you’re there, spend your hold to ask the MC questions, 1 for 1:
»» What’s my best way in/out?
»» Who or what here is not what they seem?
»» What happened here recently?
»» What here is the greatest danger to me?
»» Whose turf is this?
On a miss, you find yourself in over your head. The MC will tell you why this is a bad spot.

Did Your Homework: When you Put a Face to a Name with someone politically important (your call), roll with Mind instead of Faction. On a hit, you know a dangerous secret about them or their political machinations. On a 10+, you know how to leverage that information; take a Debt on them as well. On a miss, your snooping has already landed you in hot water with your target; they know you’ve been looking into their business.

I Brought Friends: When you Cash In a Debt with an NPC, add this option to the list:
»» Back you up in a dangerous situation

Gear:
A simple apartment.
A decent car.
A smart phone.
A Taser (stun-harm hand)

Drama Moves
Aware Corruption Move
When you ignore your mortal responsibilities to deal with the supernatural, mark corruption.

Intimacy Move
When you share a moment of intimacy—physical or emotional—with someone who is not mortal, mark corruption.

End Move
When you die, each character chooses whether your death inspires or corrupts a part of their being. If it inspires; they erase a Corruption Advance they have taken (if any). If it corrupts; they immediately take a Corruption Advance.

Debts:
- Someone told you their secrets and you haven’t told anyone about them yet. They owe you 2 Debts.
- Someone thinks they’re protecting you, but it’s really more like you’re protecting them. You owe each other a Debt.
- You’re leveraging dirt you have on someone to get their help with something. You owe them a Debt.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Ferrosol posted:

Michiko Fujikawa, the Aware

Wait Vampires werewolves and Unicorns? Everyone knows about Vampires and Werewolves but a live unicorn hasn't been seen in London for years. If you have seen one well I could make you quite a lucrative offer for it's last known location. Powdered Unicorn horn is very valuable to a certain type of mage and that doesn't even count the half a dozen uses an Elder vampire can make of Unicorn blood. Very profitable indeed and all it would cost you is giving up an innocent and good creatures life. So would like cash or do you have a bank account you'd like me to make the transfer to?

Wait, they're worth how much!? That's... wow, that's a lot of money, and... and all I have to do is tell you where I found it? Hm, well I have been having some money problems lately, so maybe- NO! No! I'm sorry, but I can't- I won't tell you where I found it! I don't care how much you offer me, I refuse to give up an innocent creature's life for money! I am insulted that you think that I'm the kind of person who would sell out the life of another for cash!

quote:

Anyway to the real business at hand. You are aware that you've been asking too many questions. Questions that may draw the wrong kind of attention. Indeed I understand they already have, who tried to dissuade you from looking into the fogs? What did you offer them that persuaded them to leave you alone?

Yes, I'm... very aware of the kind of attention I've been drawing lately. I was approached by an elderly looking gentleman while I was working at the bookshop one morning. The man placed some coffee next to me, and said, "Here, you look like you need this." I didn't get much sleep the previous night, since I spent most of it researching the fog, so the coffee was appreciated.

"You should stop," he said while I drank down the coffee, "Forget about everything you've learned, and move on with your life."

"...And what if I don't?" I asked.

"Then they will come after you."

"Who are "they"?"

"They are dangerous, and they do not like it when others ask questions about the fog. They have taken notice of you, and they are watching you. If you continue on this path, then you are only putting your life in danger, so once again, I must ask you to stop what you're doing, and move on."

There was a long moment of silence between us before I finally said, "...Thank you for the coffee, but I can't stop. Not now. I've come too far to stop."

"Then you will continue on, despite knowing the risks?"

"Yes," I said with no hesitation in my voice, "I've been aware of the risks from the beginning. I know how much danger I'm putting myself in, but that never stopped me before. I need to know. I need to know the truth about what happened, no matter what."

The man smiled, and said, "I'm glad to hear that. I never properly introduced myself, have I? My name is Maximilian Henderson, and I have a proposition for you, Ms. Fujikawa; I will keep them away from you, but in return, you must tell me everything you've learned about the fog. Let's just say that I, too, have an interest in it."

I hesitated at first, but I eventually agreed to his deal, and told him everything I've learned over the past two years. It... it might sound a little silly, but I felt like... I felt like I could trust him.

I still don't know who they are, but I hope I never have to find out.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

My Debts

quote:

Someone told you their secrets and you haven’t told anyone about them yet. They owe you 2 Debts.

Victoria Levintane - It happened when I was stuck tracking down a lead on someone who had some important information. They kept leaving behind all these confused testimonies, like their minds had been tampered with, and I was... I was getting desperate. I was running around in circles, and I felt myself getting more and more frustrated.

That was when Victoria revealed to me that all these people had their minds shattered by a reborn sea monster, and she knew... because she was one, too.

I told her I wouldn't tell a single soul about her this. She trusted me enough to share her secret with me, and I'm not about to betray that trust.

quote:

Someone thinks they’re protecting you, but it’s really more like you’re protecting them. You owe each other a Debt.

Ariana Rees - I'm... worried about Ariana. She's been trying to protect me from the fog, and I'm afraid that she might be getting herself too involved now. What if she attracts their attention? She doesn't have Maximilian watching out for her like I do. I can't... I can't let her get hurt because of me. There has to be something I can do to protect her from them.

quote:

You’re leveraging dirt you have on someone to get their help with something. You owe them a Debt.

...Sometimes... sometimes I have to do something I'm not proud of in my pursuit of the truth. There's this man, Edgar Crowley, who has connections to London's underworld. During my search, I stumbled upon some incriminating evidence, evidence that would get him into some serious trouble if it got out into the public.

...I... I feel bad for doing this, but he has access to information I desperately need related to the missing people, and this was the only way to get him to help me.

I just... I just hope I made the right decision.

Other Debts:

Ariana Rees posted:

You've had a dire prophecy about someone, but you don't know how to help them...yet. You owe them a debt.

Amy Brooks posted:

Someone has enlisted you to protect them from something very dangerous. They owe you a Debt.

Victoria Levintane posted:

Someone stole something from you and it may never be returned. They owe you two Debts.

Emily Ainsworth posted:

Someone is trying to save you and keeps suffering for it. You owe them 2 Debts

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 4, 2017

• Locked thread