Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

oh I didn't realize this doesn't default to plurality poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Asiina posted:

I mean at this point at 10:58 it's gonna be Dick, but it's because of a bunch of empty votes that I really don't like, specifically Opop and Keane and stickup's jokevote turned real vote is bad too.

You want I can unvote and we can no hang.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CCKeane posted:

Yes. There was enough to move him closer to a vote if I voted Dick.

I'll throw this at you: why are you, so close to/after deadline, NOT voting for the vote leader and risking a no vote, hmmm?

dogmother1776 posted:

##unvote

##vote Dick Bastardly

:confuoot:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##unvote

##vote Dick

I officially don't like this.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Asiina posted:

And this is the first time you've even mentioned lurkers or shitposters and it was only while prompted and your response is "they should replace out" which is dodging far more than you're accusing me of doing. Ecco doesn't modkill, she just prods people to post more when they don't. You can't just ignore people who aren't actually playing the game and assume it'll sort itself out while going after someone who is posting but doesn't have very strong opinions on D1.

What's wrong with the first time I mentioned lurkers or shitposters being when I was prompted? They weren't on my mind because I had found people who actually seemed scummy to me.

I feel like the last Eccogame set the standard for "if we hit D3 and there are still people who haven't made cases, we should vote them out". That, and "I wish people would be more selective about playing games they're not going to post in".

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

You want I can unvote and we can no hang.

No because not lynching D1 is worse than a bad lynch.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

Hot take: stickup and DB are both town.

What are people's thoughts on Keane / how many people are here?

how can you possibly have a town read on either of them

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Could have put stick ahead.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

What's wrong with the first time I mentioned lurkers or shitposters being when I was prompted? They weren't on my mind because I had found people who actually seemed scummy to me.

I feel like the last Eccogame set the standard for "if we hit D3 and there are still people who haven't made cases, we should vote them out". That, and "I wish people would be more selective about playing games they're not going to post in".

When your case partially hinges on "has no opinions on people in the game" then ignoring lurkers and shitposters is a problem.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

No because not lynching D1 is worse than a bad lynch.

I agree, and suddenly my vote makes sense doesn't it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I agree, and suddenly my vote makes sense doesn't it.

When we're at 3 minutes to deadline, not 20 minutes.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CCKeane posted:

Could have put stick ahead.

OK, that actually makes sense. :toot:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
It was a good hustle.

THE DAY ENDS WITH NO HANGING

Night actions ASAP.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Asiina posted:

When we're at 3 minutes to deadline, not 20 minutes.

With it being floating I mean... this discussion should not stop.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Pinterest Mom posted:

how can you possibly have a town read on either of them

Mainly because there doesn't really seem to be any resistance to either case.

Dick Bastardly posted:

It's probably too late for me at this point, but lynching me today is a mistake. CC's vote is lazy and I expect better :colbert: Perhaps something too look at. I honestly feel that stick had put a joke vote down on me as scum knowing it wouldn't be hard to get momentum going for my cuddle. As you all can see, it's apparent that this is true. Talk about tossing poo poo to see what sticks, it's a little too easy. I also feel that YPM is weird (although not having played with him/her before) for the whole walkback thing. If you all want to lynch a town today, keep the present course.

Not only do I think DB is town, I think he's trying to say he's a power role here and the fact that 7 or 8 people have managed to jump on the vote is scummy as hell.

this is a stickup posted:

I am vanilla this game w nothing really to claim. I am not scum, just exhausted and I always make weird posts when extremely tired, but vote for who you feel I guess

I am going to sleep and hopefully not waking for at least 12h

I feel like stickup's weird posting is more explainable by tiredness than scumminess.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

EccoRaven posted:

It was a good hustle.

THE DAY ENDS WITH NO HANGING

Night actions ASAP.

Oh, ok. Nevermind.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Apparently deadline is no longer floating.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Final Robot Day 1 Votecount: Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Error, Hanging Not Found :c:

Dick Bastardly (7): this is a stickup, Pinterest Mom, Max, Retro Futurist, dogmother1776, CCKeane, Asiina
this is a stickup (3): Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin, CCKeane, Kashuno, Dick Bastardly, Murmur Twin, -CCKeane
Your Personal Muse (1): Max, The Ninth Layer, Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin, -Max
Asiina (1): Kashuno, -Kashuno, Murmur Twin, got some chores tonight, -Murmur Twin
CCKeane (1): Your Personal Muse
Kashuno (1): got some chores tonight, Rarity, -got some chores tonight
Pinterest Mom (0): Kashuno, -Kashuno
got some chores tonight (0): The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer
Chic Trombone (0): The Ninth Layer, -The Ninth Layer, got some chores tonight, -got some chores tonight
Murmur Twin (0): dogmother1776, Asiina, -dogmother1776, -Asiina

Not Voting (1): Chic Trombone

:h: With 15 players alive, it took 8 votes to be executed.

======

The musicians couldn't decide who they should kick out of the band tonight; they were all friends, why would someone be so mean as to destroy someone's violin, there has to be a mistake :(

Lights out, and everyone returned to their dorms and apartments for supper and sleep.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 29, 2017

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Chic Trombone is replaced by Flying Leatherman. Everyone say hi!

Oh wait you can't, it's still night. Continue getting your actions in! I'd like them sooner rather than later, if I get impatient today I will start hassling you personally.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
All actions are in!

IF YOU PERFORMED AN ACTION AND YOU DID NOT RECEIVE A PM RESPONSE:
- It's because your action was successfully performed and required no response back from me about a result.

IF YOU PERFORMED AN ACTION AND RECEIVED A PM:
- It's because your action failed (with some flavor implying why) OR your action required a response from me.

IF YOU DID NOT PERFORM AN ACTION LAST NIGHT:
- Thanks for playing the game! I don't want y'all (the one of you?) to not feel included.

Enjoy!

===

The orchestra's suspicion that the destruction of someone's violin was a unique act that would never be repeated... was unfounded. The next morning, Keane's violin was found destroyed, its strings bent and twisted as if grabbed and ripped out violently. It's clear there is a threat in this orchestra, and it must be stopped, now.

:s: CCKeane, Dominik, Musician (town-aligned vanilla), was kicked out of the Conservatory night 1. :s:

It is now Day 2

:h: With 14 alive it takes 8 to execute.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Thursday, March 30th, ~11PM EDT / ~8PM PDT / ~4AM GMT.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 29, 2017

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

Mainly because there doesn't really seem to be any resistance to either case.

There is no resistance to Dick, Murmur says, as she forces a no-dunk by refusing to vote Dick.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah. Still want to vote MMT.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

and spends the day defending lurkers

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
##vote MMT

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I spent the last couple hours reading day 1's posts. There were three things I saw.

1)

Rarity posted:

This is the first time I can tell he's actually paying attention to the thread. Normally I don't even see that.

I don't see how, if this is the first time Chores has done something, it's a meta tell in any way. Rarity was also pretty evasive after getting pushed on this, which felt bad to me. Rarity, can you explain what the rationale here is? Even as someone who's played with Chores before I didn't see his D1 posting as an alignment tell.

2)

YPM's comment on MMT's vote => two-or-three-sentence vote with post => huge commit => big public mea culpa feels okay to me, on a filter - I really don't see scum being that visible on day 1.

3)

With regards to the end of D1, just some thoughts:
TNL's last post was almost 4 hours before deadline - in fact, before Dick and stickup were the only real choices - so they probably weren't around either. Willing to give them a pass.
Rarity also wasn't around for hours before, pass.
Kash had gone to bed per his last post. Pass.
I'm not even sure if Chic posted the entire day.
MMT was around - as people have noted already today - and didn't switch. Talking about swinging the vote onto Keane with 8 minutes until deadline - even if it was floating - makes little sense to me. There was zero momentum on Keane at that point. MMT, why bring up new targets with that little time before deadline?
Chores was here until at least after 10, and his last two posts are, in order, "i stand with mmt", and a quoted post of MMT's saying "I don't like this". Chores, why not switch at that point to try and lock in an end of day execute target, if you weren't going to be there - and did your feelings on MMT's posting affect your confidence in the vote that you let stand?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

wasn't keane a very rude kill

i don't think he hinted at a power role or was being obviously a strong town player, so what's the motivation to kill him

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

his relevant content was, what:
-wanted to vote stick
-threw a bit of side eye at dogmother
-switched to dick

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Apologies for not being around at deadline, I got hit with a stomach bug or something and was busy writhing on my bed in gastro-intestinal agony.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't MMT being scum necessitate that Dick, who she "saved", was also scum? It seems that there is this basic assumption that people are making.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Your Personal Muse posted:

Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't MMT being scum necessitate that Dick, who she "saved", was also scum? It seems that there is this basic assumption that people are making.

:same:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Intentionally and visibly refusing to dunk someone on Day 1 instead of either going along with it or silently doing nothing is not really a scum move in my mind.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:yeah: :)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

So...why are you voting her?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

So...why are you voting her?

:same:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'd vote both!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kashuno posted:

I'd vote both!

What would your opinion be if Dick flipped town?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

What would your opinion be if Dick flipped town?

I'm not gonna engage in this wifom poo poo!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kashuno posted:

I'm not gonna engage in this wifom poo poo!

Well, if you are voting MMT because you believe that she didn't vote Dick because he is scum, why would you vote MMT before Dick? Because there is a good chance you are wrong (not because you suck, but because everyone sucks and is not good at this game) about Dick's alignment AND there is a good chance you are wrong that Dick being scum means MMT is scum. So you are taking the risk of being double wrong rather than just singularly wrong.

So even knowing this, why would you vote MMT?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Also logic that involves more than one step is not necessarily WIFOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

that logic only makes sense if you believe "murmur is only scum if dick is scum", and I don't know why anyone would believe that

• Locked thread