Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Asiina posted:

This is stupid.

me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

careful asii if you don't put more words in your posts town superstar kashuno might throw a vote your way

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

careful asii if you don't put more words in your posts town superstar kashuno might throw a vote your way

Asiina isn't spouting alignment opinions

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think Kash and PMom are probably both town.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

I think Kash and PMom are probably both town.

Why

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Because

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BAD.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
jeez if only you put as much effort into making posts as you do into making lovely img edits

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I . . . agree with Kash?

What is the world coming to.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

I . . . agree with Kash?

What is the world coming to.

I'm back to putting in effort!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I would like to state for the record while I 'get' mmt's vote on me, I am a little disappointed she would try to use my joke to shift us out of jokephase. my feelings...they hurt

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
the silliest part about all this is the kayprez role pm is not actually bigger. from the endgame post of swans:

EccoRaven posted:

this is a stickup - Dr. Kamila "Kayprez" Przmysłava - Saboteuse (mafia-aligned godfather)
You have worked with Selene for many years. She was your graduate advisor when you first arrived at Dragonschain as a wide-eyed young student of archaeology, and you continued your research under her thumb for two decades. She is overbearing and demanding, a perfectionist with a short temper, and she insists on researching and reading tomes well into the midnight hours with you by her side, even when you would rather be home for a holiday or carousing with friends. You respect her, in a way, and even admire her for the brief moments of warmth she shows you. But she stifles you - as long as she is there, in her brilliance and her eloquence and her erudition, you will forever be in a shadow.
Her research lately has become consumed with tales of an ancient ship, a boat that she believes carried the first Arrentish queens to this continent millennia ago. A day before she was to leave for her grand expedition, you received a letter from Ravenwood University, a bastion of scholarship in the swamps of Bishadh: they are impressed with your
curriculum vitae, but would only accept you as one of their professors if you could get a letter of recommendation from Dr. Pereau. You groaned - the good doctor would never let you leave her grasp. You were going to languish in these dusty halls for eternity.
Somewhere between the horse-village of Quzz and the third time you fell into a puddle of mud you came up with an idea. It was a terrible idea, it was an awful, no-good idea, it was something that, if you did, you weren't sure you could ever live with yourself for doing. But when you saw the great salt plain of Solenie, that massive expanse of white emptiness, you felt a deep calm. The two dozen members of your expedition were the only human beings for hundreds of miles. Here there is nothing but oblivion - a quiet emptiness, where even Law itself has fallen into nothing.
You decided that night to do the worst thing you've ever had to do in your entire life - murder the rest of the expedition party, including Selene; forge her handwriting for a letter of recommendation; and, if there really is some ancient ship here, take the credit: Ravenwood surely won't mind another feather in your cap.
History is told by those who survived to write it. As long as you are alive, you're going to write your own story.

You are a mafioso! You seek to take control of this expedition by force, and as such win when only mafia-aligned players are alive, or nothing can stop the same.
Your team, however, is separated. You and your assistants (Moatillata [aka "Finn"] and Tremendous Taste [aka "Raul"]) are all together, can speak freely OOT, share the same alignment, and have a collective nightkill that may be performed in lieu of other night actions. However, a second team exists of others who have agreed to your plan (Murmur Twin [aka "Mirjam"] and Tired Moritz [aka "Gilroy"]). You CANNOT talk to them OOT, and they DO NOT know your identity or the identities of your assistants. However, they are still confirmed to share your alignment.
To assist you in your goals, you are one of Dr. Selene's most trusted friends - she would never suspect you of wrongdoing. If investigated at night, you will come up TOWN.
Furthermore, you are aware that there are a handful of players in the game whose sole night action is to wander from tent to tent at night. These players' flavor are as follows: "Digger (town-aligned visitor)." You have decided that this would be good cover story: during the night you may choose a player to visit; this action can be tracked and watched, however it has no other effect. Note that you cannot visit the same night you perform a nightkill.
You are a godfather and you are mafia-aligned.

I think I made it bigger in my mind because it had the full town role pm attached as a fake claim

quote:

<PLAYER> - <CHARACTER> - Digger (town-aligned visitor)
In Arrentia, men are primarily a means to an end. We men are physically stronger than women, that much is true, but women are so much smarter and cleverer than us, and so it is only natural that we serve different roles. Women, like Dr. Pereau, spend long hours reading and writing and planning expeditions and talking about scholarly mumbo jumbo, while us men use our strongs to carry heavy things, grip thick ropes, and - most importantly for this trip - DIG.
You are a strongman hired to dig a big hole somewhere very far away from your home. Women would never be able to handle such strenuous labor for so long, they would barely make a yard into the ground before they got tired and would have to write a poem or plan an economy or something. This is a job for manly men, and that's what you are. And so with your shovel in one hand and your pick in another you are ready to serve, to dig your heart out, to make your muscles ache, and at the end of a long day to drink until you pass out, and come morning repeat it until the job is done.
Unfortunately someone decided that they didn't want to dig in the dirt - they wanted to dig into FLESH. Now you need to use your strength to chip away at the hatred and division in this expedition, and bury this violence in the dirt where it belongs.

You are a townie! You seek to bring peace to this expedition party while bringing its murderers to justice, and as such win when all scum players are eliminated from the game. You have the normal town powers of posting and voting in the thread.
You are also a big tough strong guy! You specialize in digging holes, but, with all digging halted until this whole "people are literally murdering each other" thing is resolved, you have grown a little restless. It's not all bad though - you still have ale to drink until things clear up. During the night you may target a player in the game; you will visit their tent and share some drinks with them. This action has no effect on them, and they will not remember it happening the next morning, but it will help you relax until you can get swinging again.
You are a visitor and you are town-aligned.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

dogmother1776 posted:

thinking about what is/isn't a "good enough" or "fine" vote, that's mafia thinking.
##vote Murmur Twin

disagree with this as mmt is a smart player and surely knows this

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

:same:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

this is a stickup posted:

the silliest part about all this is the kayprez role pm is not actually bigger. from the endgame post of swans:

I think I made it bigger in my mind because it had the full town role pm attached as a fake claim

Why would you post this unless you're scum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I got curious and went to back to look

kayprez is my favorite ecco character :shobon:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I got curious and went to back to look

kayprez is my favorite ecco character :shobon:

WHos scum stickup?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote stickup - this post pings me in a "good enough to vote on d1" sort of way.

I Will Probably Forget The Unvote Rule At Least Once And Then Should Be Good From There.

This is really irking me. Before hand, I was ready to write it off as just a player jumping the gun or making a joke that didn't land. But my main issue it this feels forced. Good enough to vote on Day 1? Stickup didn't even vote. Did MMT actually believe that Stickup would use his "number of words contained within a scum PM" to nail Asiina? It doesn't make sense and seems like the wrong kind of manufactured content day 1.

##vote MMT

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##vote YPM

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That seems like a super manufactured post that's trying too hard.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

disagree with this as mmt is a smart player and surely knows this

there were outs in both posts too 'will probably forget to unvote' / 'got anything better'. Agree with ^ seems made up and guilty.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dogmother1776 posted:

there were outs in both posts too 'will probably forget to unvote' / 'got anything better'. Agree with ^ seems made up and guilty.

You mean the YPM post?

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Your Personal Muse posted:

seems like the wrong kind of manufactured content day 1.

also as opposed to the 'right kind of manufactured content' lol

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Max posted:

You mean the YPM post?

yeah

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Max posted:

That seems like a super manufactured post that's trying too hard.

So my post wherein I case someone for a vote they made is manufactured, but MMTs vote on someone for making a dumb joke (in MMTs first post of the game) isnt?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Kashuno posted:

WHos scum stickup?

keane also has been putting in effort lately, even early on, but thus far he has nothing to say

Pinterest Mom posted:

there's no way murmur, ypm, and max are all town

imo

this pinged me a bit because this is a post I think about making all the time as scum, and then follow with being unable to articulate why

of those three listed, I don't really have feels about mmt or ypm. slightly suspicious of max due to his +1 post (not vote) on to what mmt said. preview edit: more reactionary posts

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

dogmother1776 posted:

also as opposed to the 'right kind of manufactured content' lol

People manufacture content all the time on day 1 because nothing loving happens

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

So my post wherein I case someone for a vote they made is manufactured, but MMTs vote on someone for making a dumb joke (in MMTs first post of the game) isnt?

very much :agreed: with this. I think it's weird that max is sticking up for mmt, especially after coming after ypm for sticking up for me. projecting a little maybe?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Like I know I case people all the time on day 1 even though I don't really think they are scum to get the game out of jokephase and start discussions

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Correct.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

keane also has been putting in effort lately, even early on, but thus far he has nothing to say

this pinged me a bit because this is a post I think about making all the time as scum, and then follow with being unable to articulate why

of those three listed, I don't really have feels about mmt or ypm. slightly suspicious of max due to his +1 post (not vote) on to what mmt said. preview edit: more reactionary posts

My job changed yet again.

I am the job changer, forever.

So yeah, posting is rough.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

very much :agreed: with this. I think it's weird that max is sticking up for mmt, especially after coming after ypm for sticking up for me. projecting a little maybe?

Nah. I'm coming at him for a badly constructed scummy post.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

CCKeane posted:

My job changed yet again.

I am the job changer, forever.

So yeah, posting is rough.

hope it goes okay!

I feel like you are here though, considering you replied in just four minutes

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also I agreed with MMT's initial argument, so I'm going to inherently be suspicious of people that don't agree with her.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Max posted:

Correct.

I don't think you actually believe this, nor do you believe I'm scum. Either you are scum who is protecting MMT or town pushing me to seek a reaction.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

This is really irking me. Before hand, I was ready to write it off as just a player jumping the gun or making a joke that didn't land. But my main issue it this feels forced. Good enough to vote on Day 1? Stickup didn't even vote. Did MMT actually believe that Stickup would use his "number of words contained within a scum PM" to nail Asiina? It doesn't make sense and seems like the wrong kind of manufactured content day 1.

##vote MMT

Ehhhhh I agreee MMT looks scummy but not enough to vote yet. Dog mother jumps on "yeah me too agreed" but I'm missing them having real solid self opinions.

Max posted:

##vote YPM

I feel like this is really opportunistic

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Max posted:

Also I agreed with MMT's initial argument, so I'm going to inherently be suspicious of people that don't agree with her.

You have like the opposite take on events as I've had which is cool sort of. I was on team pmom in pmom vs kash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dogmother1776 posted:

You have like the opposite take on events as I've had which is cool sort of. I was on team pmom in pmom vs kash.

Mistake

• Locked thread