Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

But town has zero prs so that argues back in favour of small scum team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Calling the shot: DB was the last scumbo, he is telling the truth about scum having no NK here, and Murmur is not scum, but is the SK (who has been hunting scum, and is the only person in the game with a night action).

##vote murmurtwin

I can't really think of how to refute this other than to say that I would have hammered and/or NK'ed DB (who I thought was claiming a PR) if that was the case.

I agree that the setup could be X scum with no NK + a "scum SK" who can't communicate with the rest of the team (a la Swan Song), but if that's the case then it really could be any of us that's the SK. If the theory is that the long nights coincide with the nights I wasn't around, all I can say is that I'm the type of person who would use my phone to PM in decisions so as not to slow the game down (and obviously it's up to other people if they want to believe me or not).

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I can't really think of how to refute this other than to say that I would have hammered and/or NK'ed DB (who I thought was claiming a PR) if that was the case.

I agree that the setup could be X scum with no NK + a "scum SK" who can't communicate with the rest of the team (a la Swan Song), but if that's the case then it really could be any of us that's the SK. If the theory is that the long nights coincide with the nights I wasn't around, all I can say is that I'm the type of person who would use my phone to PM in decisions so as not to slow the game down (and obviously it's up to other people if they want to believe me or not).

If that is indeed the setup - a split scum team where one side has numbers and one other person has the kill - I could see an argument for chores being the last scum.

got some chores tonight posted:

please everyone claim their nationality im pretty sure we can solve the game this way

Can someone who is good at languages (aka "not me" :effort:) look at the names of the scum characters and see if this post was chores trying to figure out who his team is?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

please everyone claim their nationality im pretty sure we can solve the game this way

---

last name

Wait a sec..

EccoRaven posted:

Night 0: TaoJones, Ema Hoenig, Musician (town-aligned vanilla), removed.
Day 1: Nobody was successfully executed this day. How sad.
Night 1: CCKeane, Dominik, Musician (town-aligned vanilla), removed.
Day 2: Rarity, Ivo Kovačić, Ambitious Musician (mafia-aligned goon), kicked out.
Night 2: The Ninth Layer, Cvetka, Musician (town-aligned vanilla), removed.
Day 3: dogmother, Dragutin, Musician (town-aligned vanilla), kicked out.
Night 3: YourPersonalMuse, Alen Mraz, Ambitious Musician (mafia-aligned goon), removed.
Day 4, morning: Asiina, absconded without a flip. That's a thing! Woah! Ecco secret menu!
Day 4, Evening: Dick Bastardly, Alexandra Mrutski, Ambitious Musician (mafia-aligned goon), kicked out.
Night 4: Flying Leatherman, Zora, Musician (town-aligned vanilla), removed.

Chores was trying to get information about last names. None of the town characters (other than Tao) have last names, but all of the scum ones do.

##unvote
##vote chores

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

doesnt max have a last name

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I do

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
chores looking for team mates by names is a great theory. can confirm I only have one name. I'm not sure how db shooting it down early on plays into it though, unless that was distancing

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Do you all not?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I feel like db was right saying it won't be so easily solved by flavor names, though I could buy chores asking for that reason. he never brings it up again

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I don't have a last name.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, yeah. If the town d0 flip had it, it isn't really a slam dunk thing in my mind. Not much else to say about it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

I mean, yeah. If the town d0 flip had it, it isn't really a slam dunk thing in my mind. Not much else to say about it.

yeah

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

I acknowledge that, but if we're in a situation right now where there's an SK (either 3P or scum-aligned), then we're not going to be able to figure out who it is based on "who is / isn't scumhunting?" or using meta reads or anything like that, since any of us would play it like town.

So to me, chores asking for people to claim nationality / last name at the start of the game is the most suspicious thing on the table, even if Tao (and Max if he's being honest; I have no reason to think he isn't right now) are exceptions to the "town players have one name" rule.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I got that and would maybe want to see him come in and talk about. If he was scum I don't think he would have pushed me the previous day if he was looking for a scum buddy. SK I may buy.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

this is a stickup posted:

chores looking for team mates by names is a great theory. can confirm I only have one name. I'm not sure how db shooting it down early on plays into it though, unless that was distancing

on second thought, it makes a lot of sense for db to try and discredit the idea names mattering to alignment if db believed it actually did matter

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

I got that and would maybe want to see him come in and talk about. If he was scum I don't think he would have pushed me the previous day if he was looking for a scum buddy. SK I may buy.

I think it's more likely he would be the sk given he was the one actively searching and scum shut it down

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
please dont bring a d1 choresian argument to d5 it is an embarrassing look, although i am sure that is not uncommon for you

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

this is a stickup posted:

I think it's more likely he would be the sk given he was the one actively searching and scum shut it down

i dont understand what you mean by this post

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I can see there being town as decoys for him if that were the case, but unless Asiina had a last name too, it looks like I'm the only one?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

My role PM says nothing about nationality but I am from a merchant class family.

This game seems to have allusions to class stuff. My backstory is that I, a person with one last name, was broke until I was taken in by a wealthy person who enrolled me in the conversatory.

vanilla is very expensive so thats how you know its good

other good flavours would probably be caviar and saffron

In addition to looking for people to claim their last names, I think chores was trying to breadcrumb to scum that he's with them.

chores: if I'm wrong, what were you thinking when you made that post?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

This game seems to have allusions to class stuff. My backstory is that I, a person with one last name, was broke until I was taken in by a wealthy person with a first/last name who enrolled me in the conversatory.

Mafia edit

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

i dont understand what you mean by this post

in swan song the scum were split into 3 groups. I knew about mmt and another person, they did not know my identity and we couldn't communicate. there was also a scum aligned 'serial' killer that none of us knew about.

it makes more sense to me that you would be off on your own trying to figure out who they are as to not kill them than being scum looking for the killer

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm from a merchant class.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

This game seems to have allusions to class stuff. My backstory is that I, a person with one name, was broke until I was taken in by a wealthy person with a first/last name who enrolled me in the conversatory.

mafia edit x 2

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

This game seems to have allusions to class stuff. My backstory is that I, a person with one last name, was broke until I was taken in by a wealthy person who enrolled me in the conversatory.

In addition to looking for people to claim their last names, I think chores was trying to breadcrumb to scum that he's with them.

chores: if I'm wrong, what were you thinking when you made that post?

uh iunno probably that those are things i like

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I feel reasonably sure that we're dealing with a split scum team and that chores is the lone guy.

Chores posts this, indicating that he thinks DB, Rarity, and RF are "probably scum".

Rarity posted:

I think this is the first time chores has given me a town read, bazinga!

##vote YPM

Rarity acknowledges it (calling chores town for no reason, which people called her out on) and then votes for a scumbro that chores didn't have a read on.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##vote mmt

this case makes no sense and assumes ecco would just repeat a game she just did and i figure its just one of the last scum players playing their hand out

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote mmt

this case makes no sense and assumes ecco would just repeat a game she just did and i figure its just one of the last scum players playing their hand out

I kind of feel like my explanation is the most plausible reason that Rarity would make that post.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

its a really good try no doubt

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The issue I have with mmt as an SK is that her kill choices don't make a lot of sense. I mean I guess that's the idea, but you'd think she'd have gone for Asiina or me or someone who was on her.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

The issue I have with mmt as an SK is that her kill choices don't make a lot of sense. I mean I guess that's the idea, but you'd think she'd have gone for Asiina or me or someone who was on her.

What's your opinion of my case on chores? To retierate:

The main thing to consider is that, in a game where no one dead has had a PR and no one alive has claimed one, YPM died on N3 instead of town. Why?

- If a town player had something to do with it (like a vig or redirect), I feel like they would have claimed it by now since there are 3 dead scum already and it seems like town is ahead.
- If there's a 3P SK in the game, there almost certainly would have been more than one kill per night.
- I don't think that scum would just choose to NK YPM on N3 for no good reason.

Ecco ran a game a few weeks ago (Swan Song) where the scum team was split into multiple groups. If that were the case here - a game where the scum player doing the kills doesn't know the identity of his scumbros, it would explain how YPM died in a game where no one seems to have any power roles.

And then, if you consider that that's the setup, it explains a lot of the stuff chores was doing early game. Asking about last names (trying to find his teammates), talking about expensive things (trying to signal to his teammates that he's the killer), and that interaction with Rarity all make sense.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't like making a mod meta case and guessing at setups based on other setups the mod has run, but I am a okay with a chores vote, it's not like he's been Mr.Town

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't like making a mod meta case and guessing at setups based on other setups the mod has run, but I am a okay with a chores vote, it's not like he's been Mr.Town

Again, I wouldn't have just jumped to that conclusion because Ecco ran a game like that in the past. To me it's more like "what other explanation could there be for YPM dying in a game where no one appears to have a PR?".

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I don't think it's really a mod meta case to consider the possibility when we have 1 kill/night, dead town and scum, all vanilla flips, and scum curious about an sk.

likewise, the theory doesn't seem like it would be a repeated game to me. swan song had a lot going on. speaking of which, RF what was up with that visitor breadcrumb?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:siren: I will happily replace in for anyone who isn't posting.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

:siren: I will happily replace in for anyone who isn't posting.

everyone is posting unfortunately.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

How very unfortunate.

• Locked thread