Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I guess.

If I'm scum though I will be extremely angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My role PM contains approximately 15000 words.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Chic Trombone posted:

So how do you tell, if a violin is out of tune?

The bow is moving.

How do you get two flute players to play in tune?

Shoot one of them.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This is stupid.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think Kash and PMom are probably both town.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Because

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
All of this hard casing feels so goddamn fake.

Nobody can possibly believe all of this as seriously as they're pretending to.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

gently caress off with this

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The Ninth Layer posted:

Try engaging people in conversation, you may discover there are things you like or dislike about the things they are saying.

I dislike what everyone is saying.

I dislike YPM's dumb case for taking MMT's throwaway vote as being a rock solid case.

I dislike everyone who is jumping on him for committing to his case while they are also themselves committing to their cases.

It's all dumb as hell because guaranteed none of you know what the gently caress you're talking about and it's all pretend make believe that you do and it's transparent as hell.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
There are ways to play that don't involve going "I am 100% sure on a thing that there is no way I could possibly be 100% sure on" which then, surprising literally nobody, sounds fake as hell.

It's okay to be uncertain. It's not a character flaw.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

You are being really aggressive asiina

I'm in a very bad mood.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

I think I would also vote for Asiina. :ohdear:

Asii - do you have a better case right now than the one on YPM?

Do it then.

Put up or shut up.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So you're voting for me because I'm angry.

Cool and good.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

I . . . continue to agree with Kashuno? JFC

Also Asiina please don't post when in a bad mood.

You're right, I guess I should just smile more, hmm?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Rarity scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Said Asiina, every game ever.

You're confusing me and you.

You always think I'm scum, it's a completely null tell because I cannot recall the last game we played together where you didn't call me scum on D1. It's basically like PMom claiming VT.

I think you're scum, but it's mostly gut. I don't know that I could convince anyone else of it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway I was mad yesterday, I'm less mad today.

I think YPM's case was bad, but he's acknowledged the things that seemed bad about it to me which is that he was tunneling hard on a case that he obviously didn't believe in and it was incredibly obvious. I feel better about him now.

I think TNL has been very town so far too and like him best for town.

I dunno, I'm not feeling super strongly for anyone as scum. Would vote out a shitposter or a lurker, and obviously would vote Rarity but again don't think I could really convince anyone of that.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I always confuse chores and stickup

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Wow I thought you weren't as angry today

It's true. I lump them both in with "shitposters who for some reason people think are good at mafia because they were that one time" category so I can't really tell them apart.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I guess that's unfair to stickup though. Looking at his posting he doesn't really fit that category.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

How do you feel about stickup's reads?

I have no idea what the hell this means

this is a stickup posted:

very much :agreed: with this. I think it's weird that max is sticking up for mmt, especially after coming after ypm for sticking up for me. projecting a little maybe?

Also his idea of going all in early D1 is a good thing is exactly the poo poo I think is stupid and fake as hell, so I think that's bad. I dunno if having a bad opinion makes him scum though since it doesn't look like he was doing it just defending it. He's still sitting on a jokevote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was trying to leave it alone because I'm obviously biased in knowing my alignment, but MMT's case feels very real.

Her original case on me was that I was angry, completely ignoring my point

Murmur Twin posted:

I think I would also vote for Asiina. :ohdear:

Asii - do you have a better case right now than the one on YPM?

Murmur Twin posted:

Asiina - There exists a possibility that the aggressive tone / rolling scum are related (and again, apologies if they're not), and she made a post saying the push on YPM is bad without offering up someone who seems more suspicious.

The second part of this is nonsense. You can think a push is bad or on shaky logic without offering up an alternative, especially on D1 where my entire point was pretending that cases are completely solid early in the game is fake and will always read as fake. Saying that I can't make that point without offering up an alternative is nonsense.

She only votes for me because I goad her into it but She still maintains though that she'd vote for me or YPM equally, but now I'm her top choice because of how she played scum in another game (not how I played scum in another game) like that has anything to do with anything.

Again, I may be biased because it's against me, but this reasoning and its progression makes no sense at all. First I'm scum because I'm angry but doesn't explain how that makes me scum, and then I'm really scum because I'm playing how she played in another game where she was scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Even if you ignore the anger thing and the "similar thought process to me" thing, at the end of the day this is your only case:

So I (and others) should ignore the two parts of your case on me that you've actually expanded on and the parts that I have a problem with. Why should I ignore those?

And why is my gut read any worse than many other people who haven't offered literally anything? Why does that make me scum and you haven't mentioned any of those other people who have been lurking or have been shitposting entirely?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Honestly, your response to me saying "your case doesn't make sense" is quite literally "ignore all that and look over here."

No, I don't think I will.

##vote MMT

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

My hope is that the true lurkers will replace out if they can't play (and/or be modkilled if they don't post). Deadline is coming, where is everyone?

I think that if you were town, you'd be trying to sell us on Rarity as scum because that's the fun part of playing town. Instead you twice go out of your way to explain why you're not even trying to case her. I think that specifically sounds scummy, moreso than someone just not posting.

And I'm not saying to ignore the other parts of the case - they're all informing my opinion and if people agree with me I think they should consider them as well.

So once again because I'm not playing how YOU like to play town then therefore I am scum.

These are not compelling reasons.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to vote for Rarity because it is a gut read based on playing with her a lot and I feel I have a pretty good read on her. There's nothing more to it and I'm not going to try to pretend that I have a solid case when I don't. Trying to justify a gut read never works out and will always be fake as hell, so of course I'm not going to.

And this is the first time you've even mentioned lurkers or shitposters and it was only while prompted and your response is "they should replace out" which is dodging far more than you're accusing me of doing. Ecco doesn't modkill, she just prods people to post more when they don't. You can't just ignore people who aren't actually playing the game and assume it'll sort itself out while going after someone who is posting but doesn't have very strong opinions on D1.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
There isn't really a case on Dick, right?

This is the only vote I see with actual reasoning behind it

Pinterest Mom posted:

This looks like a game opinion, but isn't.

##vote dick

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Max also voting because there was a quick pileup of a few votes on stickup, so he also has a reason.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm not feeling super good about this going from tied to being the defacto lynch because a bunch of people have dropped empty votes.

I guess I'd vote stickup but I don't like that MMT is on him and Kash's vote is also garbage.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm here but I don't know if we have enough people to swing it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Although deadline is floating.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I mean at this point at 10:58 it's gonna be Dick, but it's because of a bunch of empty votes that I really don't like, specifically Opop and Keane and stickup's jokevote turned real vote is bad too.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##unvote

##vote Dick

I officially don't like this.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

You want I can unvote and we can no hang.

No because not lynching D1 is worse than a bad lynch.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

What's wrong with the first time I mentioned lurkers or shitposters being when I was prompted? They weren't on my mind because I had found people who actually seemed scummy to me.

I feel like the last Eccogame set the standard for "if we hit D3 and there are still people who haven't made cases, we should vote them out". That, and "I wish people would be more selective about playing games they're not going to post in".

When your case partially hinges on "has no opinions on people in the game" then ignoring lurkers and shitposters is a problem.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I agree, and suddenly my vote makes sense doesn't it.

When we're at 3 minutes to deadline, not 20 minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Apparently deadline is no longer floating.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah. Still want to vote MMT.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote MMT

For the record I'm voting for her because of reasons I wanted to yesterday. The fact that she didn't hammer is kind of a null tell because there's so much WIFOM about whether a scum would allow a no lynch to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
These deadlines come up fast. I will be playing D&D starting about 2 hours before deadline and maybe will get a chance to pop in since we're doing a dungeon crawl so there is some down time between actions, but absolutely no guarantees.

I'm really happy with my MMT vote. I would also vote a lurker if that's what people want.

• Locked thread