Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'll play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

It was a song on the original DDR.

I spent a good two months of my teenage life doing DDR.

I spent a good three years of my early 20s in the DDR tournament scene :ohdear: It was the best shape I've ever been in!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

this is a stickup posted:

ecco gave me a 15000 word pm when I was scum in swan song.

just saying.

##vote stickup - this post pings me in a "good enough to vote on d1" sort of way.

I Will Probably Forget The Unvote Rule At Least Once And Then Should Be Good From There.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

did you not see my pm from that game? it was Big

True, but my first thought when I read Asii's post was that my role PM this game was big (because it was). That made me think that the de facto town backstory is large.

The fact that you instead referenced another game makes me think yours didn't have the long town backstory, hence my vote.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

got some chores tonight posted:

stickers might just not be reading his role pm like i was going to do before i accidentally did

I feel like stickup is the type to read his role PMs in Eccogames.

ecco, how far is the place where kayprez is from the place we are? would she be a potential audience member :3:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hey friend this is a dumb vote and you should feel bad

I think it's a fine vote and I don't feel bad in the slightest!

Got something better?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Rarity posted:

Do you actually think this or is this just you trying to push the game out of jokephase?

More the latter than the former.

Like I wouldn't slam the door shut on stickup for something that small, but at the same time I disagree with YPM that it's a vote I should "feel bad for".

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm back!

This is really irking me. Before hand, I was ready to write it off as just a player jumping the gun or making a joke that didn't land. But my main issue it this feels forced. Good enough to vote on Day 1? Stickup didn't even vote. Did MMT actually believe that Stickup would use his "number of words contained within a scum PM" to nail Asiina?
##vote MMT

Unless there's an actual chance of a majority of players reading the case and saying "yup wow vote stickup", it doesn't really matter if I'm right or wrong. What matters is how people react, which is why I was fine dropping a vote on stickup with a flimsy reason.

I feel like YPM is approaching me from the point of view of scum trying to fake a case on me. The points he makes against me seem focused on me having an alterior motive (of trying to drive the vote onto stickup or Asii), and are basically "she's wrong" instead of "she's scummy".

It doesn't make sense and seems like the wrong kind of manufactured content day 1.

Right back at you!

##unvote
##vote YPM

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Like do you actually think MMT believed what she wrote? There is no way you can. There are two options. One shes town manufacturing content to see how Stickup reacts. But she, as you said, made the case soft with no punch, and her only follow up was convincing people she believed her case.

So the only remaining option is she is scum

I'm having trouble parsing why you think I'm scum. How do you think my posting would look different this game if I were town?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

dogmother1776 posted:

hey I voted you first. YPM getting all the attention here.

I think YPM is approaching this game from a scum mindset, which is the reason I cased him.

You're someone I've never seen before (if you're new, welcome!) so right now I'd say I don't have a real opinion of you just yet. If we both survive for a while this will change :j:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

If I'm scum though I will be extremely angry.

Asiina posted:

This is stupid.

---

All of this hard casing feels so goddamn fake.

Nobody can possibly believe all of this as seriously as they're pretending to.

---

gently caress off with this

---

I dislike what everyone is saying.

I dislike YPM's dumb case for taking MMT's throwaway vote as being a rock solid case.

I dislike everyone who is jumping on him for committing to his case while they are also themselves committing to their cases.

It's all dumb as hell because guaranteed none of you know what the gently caress you're talking about and it's all pretend make believe that you do and it's transparent as hell.

I think I would also vote for Asiina. :ohdear:

Asii - do you have a better case right now than the one on YPM?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

dogmother1776 posted:

He voted you for pretty much the same reasons as me he just flailed more or w/e he's doing.

It's possible that he is scum making a fake case and you are town that happens to believe said case.

I believe the former to be true; the jury is still out on the latter.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

I'm in a very bad mood.

I genuinely hope things improve!

Asiina posted:

Do it then.

Put up or shut up.

##unvote
##vote Asiina

I would vote for either YPM or Asiina right now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

dogmother1776 posted:

how did you differentiate between our motives as scum and maybe town?

YPM - I disbelieve his tone (that he's sure I'm scum based on my opening case) and logic (that I had alterior motives / my vote "didn't make sense"). When he explains his case on me, to me it sounds more like someone recalling a lie than explaining the truth.

Asiina - There exists a possibility that the aggressive tone / rolling scum are related (and again, apologies if they're not), and she made a post saying the push on YPM is bad without offering up someone who seems more suspicious.

So in their cases, there are specific little things I see that make me suspicious. Nothing you've done so far (including possibly having a wrong opinion) is necessarily scummy in my eyes.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

So you're voting for me because I'm angry.

Cool and good.

I voted for you because I have equally scummy reads on you and YPM (as mentioned in the last post) and couldn't find any reason not to adhere to a "put up or shut up".

The disclaimer still applies, I'd vote for either of the two of you at the moment.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

Seriously at the moment it feels like maybe seven people are playing this Mafia game.

For the record I'm gone for the next few hours but will be around before deadline.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina is my first choice for today. This post felt scummy to me:

Asiina posted:

Anyway I was mad yesterday, I'm less mad today.

I think YPM's case was bad, but he's acknowledged the things that seemed bad about it to me which is that he was tunneling hard on a case that he obviously didn't believe in and it was incredibly obvious. I feel better about him now.

I think TNL has been very town so far too and like him best for town.

Two town reads, and then

quote:

I dunno, I'm not feeling super strongly for anyone as scum. Would vote out a shitposter or a lurker, and obviously would vote Rarity but again don't think I could really convince anyone of that.

(a) claims to not have any real reads
(b) volunteers to vote out a shitposter or a lurker
(c) names someone suspicious but doesn't volunteer to case them

Part of my read on Asii comes from the fact that I basically made that same progression in my last game where I was scum and so that kind of thought process feels fresh in my head. Her content this game reads to me like scum not wanting to commit to making a fake case.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

With that said, I just re-read stickup and actually feel pretty good about the case there as well.

disagree with this as mmt is a smart player and surely knows this

---

of those three listed, I don't really have feels about mmt or ypm. slightly suspicious of max due to his +1 post (not vote) on to what mmt said. preview edit: more reactionary posts

---

very much with this. I think it's weird that max is sticking up for mmt, especially after coming after ypm for sticking up for me. projecting a little maybe?

---

I'm not sure if I agree with him, but don't think it's all that wrong to be suspicious of mmt for that reason

you agree with mmt, but surely you can at least understand why people would be suspicious of mmt if they didn't agree?

---

ah, I thought you were just replying to me there, not still referring to ypm

I don't agree with ypm for the same reason; mmt is a player I hold in very high regard. not sure that makes him scum though.

He's posting like someone who is sure about my alignment, and it kind of seems like he's trying to buddy up to me.

Also if you compare his posting to Icebound where he was town, there's a noticeable difference in tone between that stickup and this stickup. In that game he comes off as an interrogator, asking people pointed questions to find scum. in this game he comes off more like a commentator, talking a lot but not really much about who he thinks is scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

With that said, I just re-read stickup and actually feel pretty good about the case there as well.

He's posting like someone who is sure about my alignment, and it kind of seems like he's trying to buddy up to me.

Also if you compare his posting to Icebound where he was town, there's a noticeable difference in tone between that stickup and this stickup. In that game he comes off as an interrogator, asking people pointed questions to find scum. in this game he comes off more like a commentator, talking a lot but not really much about who he thinks is scum.

To build on this thought - stickup is both (a) defending me from people who thought my stickup vote was scummy, and (b) casing Max for defending me from those same people. It doesn't seem like an organic thought process.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

I was trying to leave it alone because I'm obviously biased in knowing my alignment, but MMT's case feels very real.

Her original case on me was that I was angry, completely ignoring my point

The second part of this is nonsense. You can think a push is bad or on shaky logic without offering up an alternative, especially on D1 where my entire point was pretending that cases are completely solid early in the game is fake and will always read as fake. Saying that I can't make that point without offering up an alternative is nonsense.

She only votes for me because I goad her into it but She still maintains though that she'd vote for me or YPM equally, but now I'm her top choice because of how she played scum in another game (not how I played scum in another game) like that has anything to do with anything.

Again, I may be biased because it's against me, but this reasoning and its progression makes no sense at all. First I'm scum because I'm angry but doesn't explain how that makes me scum, and then I'm really scum because I'm playing how she played in another game where she was scum.

Even if you ignore the anger thing and the "similar thought process to me" thing, at the end of the day this is your only case:

Asiina posted:

Rarity scum.

---

I think you're scum, but it's mostly gut. I don't know that I could convince anyone else of it.

---

I dunno, I'm not feeling super strongly for anyone as scum. Would vote out a shitposter or a lurker, and obviously would vote Rarity but again don't think I could really convince anyone of that.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

So I (and others) should ignore the two parts of your case on me that you've actually expanded on and the parts that I have a problem with. Why should I ignore those?

And why is my gut read any worse than many other people who haven't offered literally anything? Why does that make me scum and you haven't mentioned any of those other people who have been lurking or have been shitposting entirely?

My hope is that the true lurkers will replace out if they can't play (and/or be modkilled if they don't post). Deadline is coming, where is everyone?

I think that if you were town, you'd be trying to sell us on Rarity as scum because that's the fun part of playing town. Instead you twice go out of your way to explain why you're not even trying to case her. I think that specifically sounds scummy, moreso than someone just not posting.

And I'm not saying to ignore the other parts of the case - they're all informing my opinion and if people agree with me I think they should consider them as well.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I am not feeling well at all right now. don't really have it in me to take another look and I'm already not making much sense in the thread it seems. but I am fine with leaving my vote on db today

I have acquired medication and should be feeling better after resting

Real quick can you just summarize in a sentence why you're voting db?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Stickup is the vote goodnight folks

I'm heading out for awhile, not sure if I'm back for deadline.

##unvote
##vote stickup

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hot take: stickup and DB are both town.

What are people's thoughts on Keane / how many people are here?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

got some chores tonight posted:

i very much dont like this post

What about it?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

And this is the first time you've even mentioned lurkers or shitposters and it was only while prompted and your response is "they should replace out" which is dodging far more than you're accusing me of doing. Ecco doesn't modkill, she just prods people to post more when they don't. You can't just ignore people who aren't actually playing the game and assume it'll sort itself out while going after someone who is posting but doesn't have very strong opinions on D1.

What's wrong with the first time I mentioned lurkers or shitposters being when I was prompted? They weren't on my mind because I had found people who actually seemed scummy to me.

I feel like the last Eccogame set the standard for "if we hit D3 and there are still people who haven't made cases, we should vote them out". That, and "I wish people would be more selective about playing games they're not going to post in".

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

how can you possibly have a town read on either of them

Mainly because there doesn't really seem to be any resistance to either case.

Dick Bastardly posted:

It's probably too late for me at this point, but lynching me today is a mistake. CC's vote is lazy and I expect better :colbert: Perhaps something too look at. I honestly feel that stick had put a joke vote down on me as scum knowing it wouldn't be hard to get momentum going for my cuddle. As you all can see, it's apparent that this is true. Talk about tossing poo poo to see what sticks, it's a little too easy. I also feel that YPM is weird (although not having played with him/her before) for the whole walkback thing. If you all want to lynch a town today, keep the present course.

Not only do I think DB is town, I think he's trying to say he's a power role here and the fact that 7 or 8 people have managed to jump on the vote is scummy as hell.

I am vanilla this game w nothing really to claim. I am not scum, just exhausted and I always make weird posts when extremely tired, but vote for who you feel I guess

I am going to sleep and hopefully not waking for at least 12h

I feel like stickup's weird posting is more explainable by tiredness than scumminess.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

There is no resistance to Dick, Murmur says, as she forces a no-dunk by refusing to vote Dick.

---

and spends the day defending lurkers

I was under the impression when Ecco said there was a floating deadline that there was time left to debate the topic. At no point did I realize I was risking a no-lynch by not moving my vote.

But with that said, even if I did know that I'm not sure I would have voted Dick, because

(a) If he was VT I think he would have claimed it like stickup did, instead he said "It's probably too late for me at this point, but lynching me today is a mistake". My gut read that as him being a town power role. Combine that with:
(b) There was no case on him that justified 8 votes. It went:

- stickup leads a joke vote,
- PMom votes DB for faking content
- Max, who had cased a bunch of other people but had no thoughts on DB to that point, ironically places the third vote on DB for "me too"-ing the case on Stickup.
- RF for no reason
- dogmother "me too"'s Max's case and votes
- Keane votes because deadline is looming
- Asii claims she doesn't want to DB but votes to avoid a no-lynch

As people have said, all it would have taken was for me to drop the hammer. Because of that, I feel like there's almost no chance that DB is scum. If he was, his scumbros would never have let him come that close to getting lynched, especially not for reasons that flimsy.

I'm going back and re-reading a few people right now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Rarity feels suspicious to me.

Rarity posted:

This is the first time I can tell [chores is] actually paying attention to the thread. Normally I don't even see that.

---

It's based on ~*meta*~

---

If you're not going to listen to what I say the first time I'm not going to say it again.

I don't think this is a real opinion.

(a) I don't think chores is acting any differently this game from what I normally see
(b) If chores was acting differently than he normally does, why would she have a town read there?
(c) She seems to be trying to shut down the conversation when people are rightfully suspicious

Rarity posted:

Catching up

This is a good point, I don't like this switch from Keane

Posts like this - I feel like she's reading through the thread and pointing out suspicious stuff, but she's not doing it trying to figure out who the scum might be.

##unvote
##vote Rarity

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm just leaving a lesson and grabbing dinner so I don't know I'll be here for deadline, gonna ## vote dick jic

What was the reason behind this vote? What's your opinion of DB now?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

dogmother1776 posted:

HEY I haven't "me too" voted in this game and this is a second time you accused me of that and been wrong. Both times I've got my own, good, original, better than the person you're accusing me of sheeping, reasons.

These are your first votes where you make an alignment call on DB:

dogmother1776 posted:

Yeah I agree he's also maybe mafia for the conversation about chores. I feel like chores is obviously never the lynch today so focusing on that and calling you out for engaging it is a weird thing to pop in and focus on.

I'll admit I was focusing more on the "Yeah I agree" part (referring to Max's "case") instead of the part about chores, but I guess I'll concede the point that you brought up an original point when you cased DB. Apologies!

What're your reads on Max, Rarity, and DB at the moment?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Oh haha wait this is scum Kash.

##unvote
##vote Kash

Kashuno posted:

I'm not an idiot and I think MMT is the scum for not voting to lynch DB and provide town with less information :D DB's alignment is irrelevant to em at this current moment (though if the vote lead that way I don't have any opposition to voting if needed) so gently caress you!!!

I feel like this is scum making a really easy case on me that ignores the context of what was happening.

Three questions!

(a) What's your opinion of stickup?
(b) Does the fact that I explained my logic on why I think not voting DB was pro-town change your opinion of me at all?
(c) If I'm scum, don't you think I would have hammered DB if he's town (and implying a PR)?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm working (!!!) until 6pm pst and then hoofing it home and will catch up.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##unvote
##vote Rarity

I've been asked to work until 8 so this is pretty much it for me until deadline.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Rairty case dumb

The Ninth Layer posted:

Kash why do you think the Rarity case is bad. I agree with you on Opop but I'm not about to switch off a good case.

Kashuno posted:

Run it back for me then TNL I looked at and don't get it?

--
Rarity was like entirely afk for multiple irl days from a dif game so I don't really buy that logic as solid

--

Combine that with her "eh shoulda replaced" and I'm pretty okay with leaving her for the moment

Kash goes from "the case on Rarity is dumb" to "I don't get the case on Rarity?" to defending her actions. Also Rarity never really mentions Kash outside of a very early D1 throwaway vote.

##unvote
##vote Kashuno

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

dogmother1776 posted:

mmtss cases aren't cases town is pushing imo like seriously you're going to case someone based off 1) what someone said about chores posts 2) not looking for suspicious people in a post about a dead person. More has happened in this game that town would care about.

--

I would prefer mmt > rarity I think mmt has a better chance of being scum agenda

Oops!

What are your opinions of me and Kashuno right now / who is your strongest scum suspect?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

*sees scum bud sitting at -2, with no other viable dunk target*
*very visibly defends scum bud, while pushing no alternative dunk*

?????? come on

He tried, it just didn't work.

Kashuno posted:

HOW CAN ANYONE READ THIS POST AS SINCERE

##unvote
##vote RF

Like come on this is scum posturing to try and push the over the edge

---

I am not opposed to voting Rarity to avoid a no lynch but rf looks bad

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I'd still dunk MMT!

In fact I will try ##vote MMT

You were pushing RF yesterday, why me over him now?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

he was right about the rf post though :shrug:

Well yeah, that's what I think scum would do in that situation - they'd make the most believable case they can come up with on someone else. Also:

Murmur Twin posted:

Rarity feels suspicious to me.

I don't think this is a real opinion.

(a) I don't think chores is acting any differently this game from what I normally see
(b) If chores was acting differently than he normally does, why would she have a town read there?
(c) She seems to be trying to shut down the conversation when people are rightfully suspicious

Posts like this - I feel like she's reading through the thread and pointing out suspicious stuff, but she's not doing it trying to figure out who the scum might be.

##unvote
##vote Rarity

Kashuno posted:

I...agree about Rairty but also agree with what Rarity said about pmom :negative:

How did Kash go from agreeing with the case on Rarity when I cased her to strongly disagreeing with it when the pressure was mounting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

MMT very concerned about my vote.

Also your case is dif than the case that was presented as reason to lynch, and I was already feeling you for scum?

Again I ask - if you agreed with the case on Rarity when I presented it (and it wasn't just me, lots of people saw it), why didn't you think she'd be a good lynch?

• Locked thread