Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Raw was bad but I can't remember the last time an "unsanctioned" match wasn't good as heck so maybe that'll bode well for HHH and Rollins?

Seth Rollins vs. Not-In-The-Main-Event-Triple-H was always gonna be a good match but yes I'm intrigued by this new wrinkle.

The build for Roman vs. Taker sucks a lot and the match is gonna be a disaster, but at least I'm not depressed that we're not getting Cena vs. Taker anymore. Maybe Taker will heal up in a year and they can do Cena/Taker at WM34. Either way though, he should'va just sat this one out.

DoctorGonzo posted:

dont change the tag, tia

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ijii posted:

Looks like a good time to have Undertaker compete in a triple threat at a Wrestlemania, let Roman and Braun do all the work.

So far, looks like Smackdown is going to be Wrestlemania's saving grace, because everything Raw is garbage. Except Jericho vs Owens.

Raw has JeriKO, Women's match, the tag match (which is a match with Cesaro and will be good), Aries vs. Neville.

SmackDown has Randy vs. Bray, AJ Styles throwing Shane off something and Cena proposing to Miz.

It's more even than you might think.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really liked the part where there was like four segments of Steph bullying people for the crime of being liked by Mick Foley and it went loving nowhere.

I'd say this is building to some kinda payoff at Mania, but last year all the heels won at Mania so I'm not holding my breath.

Also gotta love Bayley quietly, sadly hugging Mick and it looking for a second like we might have a real emotional moment, but then HHH shows up and Bayley scurries off immediately like a scared mouse.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

That DICK! posted:

Roman should reference Family Guy all the time and hold the microphone up to his phone to show the audience the scene he's talking about so they all get the reference

Make it Season 1-9 Simpsons and you got a deal.

Professor Funk posted:

Honestly (excluding Roman stuff) I think having Bayley win the title on Raw and throwing the the path of her winning as the underdog at Wrestlemania in the trash is maybe the dumbest booking decision of the past...5 years? Maybe of the decade? Please help me think of a dumber one.

Edit: I guess letting Kevin loving Nash hijack CM Punk's white hot run post-MITB has got to be dumber than this.

I guess I can't bring up the ways they've absolutely wasted Seth and Dean or the way they did the breakup of the Shield because that all ties back into Roman, huh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Everything with Punk may legitimately be the worst series of decisions in company history.

All they had to do was get behind the guy and let his own talents carry him to the top and they wound up running him off instead.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

exploded mummy posted:

Tbh I half suspect they wrote the show like this so sponsors wouldn't get mad at them for Paige related chants

I have no idea how Brooklyn didn't hijack such a boring-rear end show. There was only one "We Want Paige" chant all night.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Venomous posted:

I kinda want Shelton Benjamin to come back unannounced and win the ARMBAR out of the blue

That'd be kinda amazing but last I heard he's still a while out, isn't he?

I hope Corbin defends his stupid trophy. If he and Braun face-off for it, it'd be a nice continuation to the Royal Rumble and it'd at least be some kind of attempt to make the thing mean something.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Season 9 was always good. Its workrate is off the charts!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well that was a pretty awesome 3 and a half hours of Sports Entertainment. Except the Shane/AJ segment, which blew!!!!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

They announced to the audience that the Bad Blood PPV is coming back. Raw-exclusive, July 9th at the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut.

Announce a PPV in Detroit, already.

COME ON!

*pushes something over.*

GOD!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

AsInHowe posted:

Next PPV will be at the new arena.

imo after all this time of not getting one, we deserve a Money in the Bank, Survivor Series or Royal Rumble. :colbert:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

exploded mummy posted:

It's been like 3 years

THREE drat YEARS TOO MANY! *slams fist on the table* Brooklyn gets a big 4 PPV every year! Texas gets two PPVs a year! I'M ANGRY! ANGRY ABOUT CITIES!

Anyway, Wrestlemania 30 was HHH's best entrance.

It was ostentatious garbage juxtaposed to Bryan's very simple YES! chant entrance. It was cool but it was also like "this guy is pathetic and spent all this money on this to make himself look cool, meanwhile Bryan just walks to the ring like a normal person".

Randy got a live band to play him out, but at least he didn't loving turn himself into Shao Kahn.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
John Cena's doing a great interview on Fallon right now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Here's my thoughts on them asking Shawn to wrestle AJ.

1) Principles aside, I really don't think Shawn's knees could handle it. Dunno if you noticed, but the dude doesn't move so well anymore. The idea is cool but honestly I don't think the match would've been what we're thinking it would've been. Whatever the reason, though, props to Shawn. Dude went out on top and stayed gone. His restraint, whatever's motivating it, is to be admired.
2) This is basically a tacit admission that Shane is just because they don't have anybody else for AJ, so here's my question. Why not just use Finn Balor? He's not doing anything, nobody cares that it's an inter-brand match, it's WrestleMania, neither guy has anything going on. Come on.

This is the first time since it happened that I've actually been angry about the brand split, because there's at least 3 or 4 guys that could have incredible matches with AJ that aren't booked for a goddamn match right now, but they're all on Raw.

I guess the argument is that since AJ's probably going to Raw, why do AJ vs. Finn or AJ vs. Sami now with no build-up. Whatever. This situation is loving lame and I understand why it's unfolded this way, but that doesn't mean I have to be okay with it.

Also, while I'm looking forward to Dean vs. Corbin, I don't see why you couldn't do another AJ/Dean match and finally blow off that feud, since they never actually settled it. I guess once Cena leaves and Randy flops as the top face, they may go back to AJ/Dean as the main event.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

St Evan Echoes posted:

I'm glad that Brock v Shane isn't happening, because I'm not sure I could watch Brock sell more for Shane than he did for Dean

See I kinda have the opposite problem, I want AJ to just tear Shane a new one, but this is a guy who kinda almost beat the loving Undertaker, so that'd make no sense.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

bloodysabbath posted:

Did he though? I mean maybe my memory of that match is clouded because I blocked out that lovely mania, but all I think you can say is he got in a moderate amount of offense on taker and did his big spot. Was he ever close?

It's kind of a haze to me too, but I do recall Shane getting a lengthy submission, knocking Taker loopy on the stairs and getting a couple nearfalls.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i think i fell asleep during that match. what submission did he use? according to wikipedia he uses the boston crab and the camel clutch.

It was a triangle.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

My Success

This idea has been stuck in my mind since I can remember. It's not just something that I always kind of wanted to do; it's something that I have to do. I guess it's not normal for girls to have this urge because when I tell people, they're surprised. This feeling isn't explainable and I will never feel complete until I reach this goal. Since I was 12 years old, the only success I ever dream about is fighting Shane McMahon in the WWE.

.....y'know.

I would be into a Bayley vs. Shane McMahon feud.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Nothing Shane does or has ever done is worse than the Wacky Line.

I am sick of you people dumping on the :airquote: LUNATIC LARIAT. :airquote:

It used to be good. It kinda sucks now. BUT IT USED TO BE GOOD!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kawalimus posted:

I bet this is the rumored match they were trying to get to rival the Omega/Okada match. Sad we won't get to see it.

I think this was Cena/Samoa Joe, which was in the cards at one point before they switched to the mixed match.

Mauro's MMA friend should definitely go threaten to beat the piss out of JBL.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Web Jew.0 posted:

Challenging Goldberg for the Universal championship, duh.

Leading to...

Aw gently caress, we woulda gotten Roman/AJ 3 at Mania 34!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yakumo posted:

Does anyone have any idea what on Cody Rhodes' bucket list would cause him to wrestle in a town with about 2000 people in a promotion that has a local radio personality(whose station is a sponsor) as their champ?

http://mcpwonline.com/

Actually, I'm curious how these guys can afford to bring in outside talent. They can't be making a ton of money, the biggest town in the area only has 15k people in it so they can't be getting particularly large crowds. But this year they have Cody and last year they had Rhyno right before he went back to WWE.

Cody's going for the 100% run. Gotta knock out all the sidequests.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DEAR RICHARD posted:

you could easily build towards survivor series with this, but nah, they wont

A repeat of 2014 Survivor Series except where the authority figures actually gently caress off this time would be the best.

But Survivor Series is Raw v. SmackDown, so that ain't happening. They should do that match at SummerSlam or something.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_DI-TPLByk

See if you can figure out what WWE changed about this!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

beergod posted:

So uh, what are the chances CM Punk comes back? Was he sufficiently humiliated in the UFC or so flush with cash and happy loving AJ Lee that he's a goner for good? Because I can't think of any other way they could save this piece of poo poo Wrestlemania card.

I know you're asking this mostly facetiously, but the answer is: The only way CM Punk will ever come back to WWE is if he wants to come back. WWE would take him back in a hot second because he's a draw and they got almost none of those left. But Punk is probably never gonna be hard up for money and even if he was, he and AJ could make money in a lot of non-WWE ways. So he's only coming back if he decides he wants to.

tbh, I don't see it as long as HHH is around. For good reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm sure they didn't remove it from the Network version. Probably just edited that from the clip.

Went back and checked and I'm right. Everything is intact in the full version.

Yeah I don't think they'll ever mess with the network version (if only because then they'd have to cut out like, all of the audio during Seth's cash-in at the end of the night), I just found that really amusing.

Also, in the comic about Seth (which is actually pretty good), they change his cash-in to him doing a Pedigree on Reigns. It's just such a weird, unnecessary attempt to rewrite history.

• Locked thread