Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

realbez posted:

I like vinyl, but unless you buy it off bandcamp you're unlikely to be able to listen to the album on the go with a digital copy. Download cards not being included in every new vinyl is dumb. CD supremacy.

It depends on what you're buying. The reality is that on the high end, those download cards get 25% attach rate, which raises the question if it's worth the expense, especially when most people have streaming, and the people like me who don't prefer streaming are really a minority, and eventually, even I will succumb to that beast.

But most releases I've gotten have included download cards. I think it's partially an expectation, and the cost might not be that bad. You can never tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Lazlo Nibble posted:

$2.99 at ARC Thrift Store the other day, $175 median sale price on Discogs. So, it depends.

How on earth is that worth $175? Is there some super rare mix that was only ever issued on that CD or something like that?

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Lazlo Nibble posted:

I can only assume it’s Wiggles completists buying it for the Cockroaches track. Other than that and a couple of songs by other bands most people outside Australia have never heard of (The Chantoozies, Models) everything on there is unremarkable, easy-to-find radio pop.

I checked out that Cockroaches track, and in all honesty, it has nothing on the Wiggles later masterpiece.

• Locked thread