Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I'm an old and I still buy CDs too.

Any suggestions for a more compact storage method than just sticking 500 CDs on a shelf? I'm in the process of ripping but loving A I've got a long way to go. And right now they're all either

1. stacked up on the floor after ripping, or
2. in a heavy duty contractor bag in the corner of our study waiting to be ripped.

And no I don't want to toss them all after they're ripped, but the contractor bag is pretty lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

All good suggestions, thanks! I have basically all the artwork and booklets, so I'm not sure if I want to really pare that down or not. As I'm ripping I'm keeping an eye out for any unique or rare stuff. Probably nothing, but who knows. Maybe the 2-disc edition of NIN's Broken? I dunno.

I'll take my pristine Wax Trax Black Box to the grave though. :colbert:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

IUG posted:

Here is an old picture of my CD collection before I boxed it. I probably had 100 more albums than this picture shows by the time I took them down.

I use these sleeves and put them in these boxes.

I only get rid of the jewel cases. If they're digipacks or have a nice sleeve with artwork different from the booklet, then I put them in the box. 2+ CD releases go with the album cover/booklet with one disk, and the back page with the second CD. According to iTunes, there are 168 albums in that box pictured above.

Was going to go with a few big plastic bins, but after filling one up about 75% and realizing I have a whoooooole lot more to do, I'm switching over to sleeves and boxes. Way more compact, which is what I'm looking for.

Plus, as I randomly research how much CDs are worth... they aren't worth poo poo. Bye, jewel cases (i'm keeping the super cool ones though)!

• Locked thread