Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Dick Trauma posted:

I have three strike teams that I'm managing throughout the day with the mobile app. I'm hoping that will feed plenty of materials to me for crafting. I also found there were a few "packs" waiting there because I owned ME3 and DA:I.

For endless crafting materials, just deconstruct every single weapon and armor you get. Sell mods, never sell weapons or armor. You will be drowning in materials.

If you want to be pulled through some multiplayer, hit me up on Discord, and I can bring some cheats for farming credits. There are no anti-cheat, never been...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Ovérload of course. Which biotic powers are you using?

I'm still only like level 11 or something but charge, shockwave and singularity

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Goddamn those Architect fights are some bullshit. Just going to leave them until the end because they annoy the poo poo out of me.

That said taking this game slow is working out for me. I realize now that there's way more busywork on each planet than I'd expected, even with the warnings. I'm generally enjoying myself playing short bursts, lots of roaming around punctuated by main quest progression. Drack and Peebee have turned out to be a great combo with my tech and have plenty of good dialogue.

I'm doing a small bit of crafting, but it definitely does not enthuse me, at all.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I will say this. I thought the last mission was cool. They nailed the feeling of it. The rest of the game I completely agree, it felt like busywork and I was more or less just smashing through it because I preordered this loving game and was drat well gonna finish it.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

The first like 2/3 of the final mission is what the final mission of ME3 should have felt like, it was legit really good

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Chucktesla posted:

The first like 2/3 of the final mission is what the final mission of ME3 should have felt like, it was legit really good

Yeah.
While I get most peoples' complaints, I really feel like there's a few spots where ME:A was loving cool and definitely improved on previous MEs. And while it's not a great game by any definition, it maybe doesn't deserve 100% of the hate it gets.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gL4XqkQOFU

This but pronounced REEEEEE

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I found one of the arks! :woop:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

I found one of the arks! :woop:

Congrats! Your prize is mediocrity.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

If you find the quarian one let us know. We’re still waiting for it to arrive....

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I will find them all, my space brothers. :patriot:

EDIT: I found a space rat!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm replaying me3 and despite the well known issues with it, it's a fantastic game mechanically. And popping the power wheel to use a power I don't need all the time just makes sense.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
I played Andromeda a month after it came out hoping this would be long enough for obvious bugs to be eliminated and basic mods to be made, determined it was poo poo and suspended play after entering the first Vault on Eos. What the singleplayer really needs is modding to add in massive timesaving mechanisms, some of which are available now such as a superjetpack mod and resource mod thanks to a guy who actually did Bioware's job for them and released a modding toolkit on his own. I can't accept sticking mostly to main quests in a Bioware game, what I'm really waiting for are full console access and something like the modder's Timesaving trifecta of ME 1: Q bound to skip cutscenes, shift key bound to Superspeed, and Middle Mouse bound to SloMo x10, which makes every Mako scene and elevator superfast. Also a combat overhaul mod to allow more than 3 powers to be used. Apparently this is among the most retardedly locked down aspects of Andromeda, I reaaally hope somebody can crack it. At the very least now the game isn't being patched modders shouldn't have to worry about their mods getting broken.

I was really thinking with Andromeda they might learn their lessons with modding and actually make it easier again, but no, they locked the game down even more and its taken even longer to create competent toolkits & mods. I suppose I should've expected it given how much top talent fled Mac Walters' oppressive regime. I loved the relative simplicity of ME 1 where you just installed MEUITM, flawless widescreen, then followed the obvious stuff from the ME Tweaks page to make the game dramatically better. (and backed up your modded settings files as the game loves to overwrite them). I suppose it's not surprising as Games companies under EA's icy grip tend to devolve into corporate idiocy. I knew that Andromeda realistically wasn't going to be an outright improvement over every previous franchise entry (those other dev teams poured their hearts out to make great games, too) but I believed them that it was at least going to learn a lot of lessons... they didn't. I even suggested on their official forums around March 2017 they release a modding toolkit, I was ignored of course. As long as my posts and modding take I come out exponentially ahead than actually trying to complete all the slowass sidecontent of Andromeda. Waiting for the right mods will surely be worth it.

Since the mods I want don't exist yet, I decided to replay my perfectly configured OT, this time as a Failure Shepard/Trump Shepard, carefully planning out how to fail maximally, get as many people killed as possible, let the bad guys escape, sow pointless misery and create chaos. In the end practically everyone will die. This is one of the few things I haven't done yet and the unheard dialogue choices are surprisingly refreshing. The tone is so overwhelmingly dark that it turns comedic. Mark Meer's voiceacting really helps those reckless, destructive bottom right options feel satisfying. Failshep's racist lines actually come across less objectionably than Trump’s. One discovery I made in ME 1 confused me though. In my first ever ME 1 playthrough in 2012, I sent Ashley with the Salarians on Virmire, thinking she'd be the one to die, discovered it was a choice, then went to the bomb to save Kaidan. Given the Salarians were with Ashley I assumed this meant they died too. Never saw them on the Normandy. For all future playthroughs, I sent my preferred Virmire survivor with the Salarians so I could rescue all of them on the AA tower as this seemed ideal. Failshep chose to rescue Ashley at the bomb (naturally), but somehow some of the Salarian team made it to the Normandy!. This makes waaay less sense than the understanding of Virmire I’ve had all this time. I actually loaded up my old 2012 first ever Mass Effect playthrough and sure enough, the Salarians were down in the cargo hold I’d just missed ‘em, must’ve gone to a plot world first. You can’t kill them all, only Kirrahe, even though if you don’t assist Kirrahe’s team it’s clear from the radio Aegohr and Mannovai join up with Jaeto and all are on the AA tower. So if Shepard goes for the bomb, somehow the Normandy is able to rescue the Salarians but not Shepard’s other squadmate?! Best explanation I can think of is the AA tower squadmate sacrifices themselves, providing cover so the remains of Jaeto can sprint to the Normandy. Which doesn’t make total sense given the AA tower squadmate remarks they’re pinned down under fire. Also it’s too bad there’s no cutscene of the AA tower squadmate getting overrun like there is of the bomb squadmate

How bad of an idea would it be for me to hop into Andromeda MP without playing the SP? Idgaf about generic spoilers because the plot stinks, but I was holding off because I didn’t advance far enough into the main plot to get good strike teams, didn’t want to play SP alongside MP, and didn’t want to be at a disadvantage in MP.

Eregos fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 6, 2018

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I did it. I have no idea if it's even still active because I haven't touched it in months, but you aren't at any significant disadvantage by doing so.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Gear only flows from Multiplayer to Singleplayer, not the other way around, so you'll never be at a multiplayer disadvantage because you didn't play SP.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Are the ME3 servers down for anyone else? I went back to playing it because it's not a ridiculous grind.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Shumagorath posted:

Are the ME3 servers down for anyone else? I went back to playing it because it's not a ridiculous grind.

Just got into a game, so it might've been a temporary issue.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Just got into a game, so it might've been a temporary issue.

So this whole thread is depressing. I held off getting Andromeda but bookmarked this thread so I could see how things panned out. And all it made me want to do was play ME3 which I did. But now I'm depressed 'cause I couldn't remember how to play my Huntress. :smith: good thing I was in a bronze game so the humiliation wasn't *total*. I remember something about dark channel, warp ammunition and face melting..so I stuck with that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Give her a shotgun. Cloak with the power evolution, then Dark Channel + Warp, or just Warp + shotgun blast to the face.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

exquisite tea posted:

Give her a shotgun. Cloak with the power evolution, then Dark Channel + Warp, or just Warp + shotgun blast to the face.

I have all these amazing builds per the Last ME3 thread, complete with the last gun load-out each had..and I'm still coming up blank. I apparently really really liked my Hurricane with the power amp on it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I would go with the reegar since it's super hosed up with warp abilities and ammo but also since it's been broken forever

EA should stop being dumb and make some third party studio polish the graphics and loads and just rerelease ME3MP as a F2P

It already has lootboxes

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
And I'm still mad at how hosed up ME:A MP was at launch

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The Reegar feels like cheating so I don’t use it on purpose.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

exquisite tea posted:

The Reegar feels like cheating so I don’t use it on purpose.

Yeah, but you are a "good" player. I was always mediocre at best, so anything that gives me an edge is welcome. I really shine in games where everyone else is N7 200 or below :buddy:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

And I'm still mad at how hosed up ME:A MP was at launch

I'm in the acceptance stage. ME is dead. But A being so bad made me actually appreciate 3 a lot more. At least it didn't have literally every character accidentally getting their shirt off every five seconds.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Although the title screen music does own.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

I'm in the acceptance stage. ME is dead. But A being so bad made me actually appreciate 3 a lot more. At least it didn't have literally every character accidentally getting their shirt off every five seconds.

Does James ever get the guns out? I don’t remember

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I think he does to show off his n7 tat then immediately shoots you down if you try it on.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
I'm proud of my Failure Shepard's handling of the Suicide Mission. Can confirm the Suicide Mission Calculator did its job with 100% precision. Took a bit of tinkering with it, but I managed to get it so that I actually completed every single loyalty mission (except Legion's, who was sold to Cerberus for that fast $$$) but it turns into a holocaust anyways. Works out perfectly for my purposes.

I had to have Tali survive so she can kill herself in ME 3, and Garrus so both can observe how much I've hopelessly hosed everything. The other squadmates don't come to the Normandy, though I wanted Morinth to survive since she's clearly a good person and deserves to live in a Failshep playthrough. Failshep did a full Jack romance of course, sided with Jack in the fight to lose Miranda's loyalty, then had Jack die in the Collector base approach prompting a pretty funny 'She can't be dead, get to Medical!' from Failshep. Lost Tali's loyalty by presenting evidence of Rael'Zorah's guilt, then argued they should go to war with the Geth anyways. Completed Thane's loyalty quest till almost the very end, then ran in the opposite rear end direction to make sure Kolyat finished the assassination (Thane's post dialogue if you fail is worth hearing, appropriately dark, fits the state of the galaxy Failshep strives toward). Could've simply left Zaeed to die on his loyalty quest after letting Santiago escape, decided to bring him since I could kill him off. Unfortunately, you cannot choose to let Santiago escape and not save the workers, nor can you choose to let Balak escape and let the hostages die anyways back in Bring down the Sky. Did tell Hackett I'd make a priority out of Arrival then skipped it though. Oh yeah and I wanted Miranda dead so I can let Henry Lawson escape in 3.

Playing through the trilogy as suboptimally as possible requires as much planning as playing optimally, in fact its even trickier as I have less practice. It's been very dark, fun, and comedically bad. It leads to a few unexpected decisions such as saving Wrex in ME 1 so he can discover the sabotage in 3. It's been fun to see how the 'other half' experiences the ME series, just making all the reckless horrible choices heedless of the longterm consequences. But so often there is a short term immediate satisfaction. Now I know it feels to be Trump.

Eregos fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 6, 2018

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Eregos posted:

I'm proud of my Failure Shepard's handling of the Suicide Mission. Can confirm the Suicide Mission Calculator did its job with 100% precision. Took a bit of tinkering with it, but I managed to get it so that I actually completed every single loyalty mission (except Legion's, who was sold to Cerberus for that fast $$$) but it turns into a holocaust anyways. Works out perfectly for my purposes.

I had to have Tali survive so she can kill herself in ME 3, and Garrus so both can observe how much I've hopelessly hosed everything. The other squadmates don't come to the Normandy, though I wanted Morinth to survive since she's clearly a good person and deserves to live in a Failshep playthrough. Failshep did a full Jack romance of course, sided with Jack in the fight to lose Miranda's loyalty, then had Jack die in the Collector base approach prompting a pretty funny 'She can't be dead, get to Medical!' from Failshep. Lost Tali's loyalty by presenting evidence of Rael'Zorah's guilt, then argued they should go to war with the Geth anyways. Completed Thane's loyalty quest till almost the very end, then ran in the opposite rear end direction to make sure Kolyat finished the assassination (Thane's post dialogue if you fail is worth hearing, appropriately dark, fits the state of the galaxy Failshep strives toward). Could've simply left Zaeed to die on his loyalty quest after letting Santiago escape, decided to bring him since I could kill him off. Unfortunately, you cannot choose to let Santiago escape and not save the workers, nor can you choose to let Balak escape and let the hostages die anyways back in Bring down the Sky. Did tell Hackett I'd make a priority out of Arrival then skipped it though. Oh yeah and I wanted Miranda dead so I can let Henry Lawson escape in 3.

Playing through the trilogy as suboptimally as possible requires as much planning as playing optimally, in fact its even trickier as I have less practice. It's been very dark, fun, and comedically bad. It leads to a few unexpected decisions such as saving Wrex in ME 1 so he can discover the sabotage in 3. It's been fun to see how the 'other half' experiences the ME series, just making all the reckless horrible choices heedless of the longterm consequences. But so often there is a short term immediate satisfaction. Now I know it feels to be Trump.

Is that the fewest amount of people that can survive the suicide mission without shepard dying too? I've been curious to try a run like that but never bothered to spend the time experimenting to hit that sweet spot; if there's a calculator, that changes things...

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is that the fewest amount of people that can survive the suicide mission without shepard dying too? I've been curious to try a run like that but never bothered to spend the time experimenting to hit that sweet spot; if there's a calculator, that changes things...

Its been awhile but I think you can survive if you have at least one other person, maybe they also have to be loyal? idk

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Error 404 posted:

Its been awhile but I think you can survive if you have at least one other person, maybe they also have to be loyal? idk

Two survivors other than Shep. If only one other person survives, Shepard dies. It's how you can have a proper "Guddam masacre. I was the only one who made it out alive." ending.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i actually got back into the MP of this a bit, discovered that somehow i had apparently quit playing right before they finally released a class with Singularity and Warp :catstare:

shame the game didn't take off enough for them to keep adding to the MP, it's still real fun

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Eregos posted:

You monster. Kill Wrex, keep Mordin alive through ME2, have him agree that yes, the Krogan deserve a cure, but not while Wreav is in charge. Mordin lives on :unsmith:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
The multiplayer in Anthem better cross-over; glad to read that ME:A's multi is still fun at a basic level.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

MoaM posted:

The multiplayer in Anthem better cross-over; glad to read that ME:A's multi is still fun at a basic level.

The game itself is fun enough, but holy god it was broken at launch. They buffed, what, eighty per cent of the guns in the game by a factor of 2 or more?
I might play some more when I get home, I'm at sea for another two months.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The thing that peeved me the most at launch was that melee was the best choice but also melee didn't lock onto enemies so your whole team would run around whiffing the air

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Eregos posted:

You’re doing the lord’s work, my child. Glad you saved Tali for ME3, her death there is the most amazing thing in this series.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Y'all are monsters :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

chiasaur11 posted:

Two survivors other than Shep. If only one other person survives, Shepard dies. It's how you can have a proper "Guddam masacre. I was the only one who made it out alive." ending.

Hmm...I might actually like the zaeed sole survivor ending better

• Locked thread