Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Skippy McPants posted:

Here's the build from the guy who solo'ed gold with one. Personally, I might go for a few more points in the Sticky Grenade at the expense of Stealth Grid. but that's only relevant for a Rank X build. The non-maxed build he posted should do you fine.

Also, drop the Sniper Rifle and equip the best SMG you've got. Your basic attack sequence is to Strike in and use the 5s sun to unload a bunch of bullets and grenades. If you really want to dump, then your biggest alpha strike is Stealth Grid > Avenger Strike > All your Grenades > Empty weapon clip > Stealth Grid out. It's resource intensive, but I can strip more than half the health off of a Hydra mech with the full combo and it will outright kill anything that isn't a mini-boss.

Fake Edit: Oh, and take heed. There's a bug with Stealth Grid that causes it to end early if you're not hosting the game. Booooo!

"A large portion of the time is spent in stealth but it doesn't make you immortal. If you stealth in the line of sight of enemies, they can still shoot at you. Walking too close to any enemy will cause them to try to melee you and dogs aren't affected at all. Some enemies such as bosses or Beserkers will still fire their AoE attacks in your general direction."

Well this finally explains why the hell Stealth Grid seems to fail half the time I used it. The ability doesn't say anything about this so like half the time I activated the ability it wasn't giving me the cloaked visual effect and I was confused as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Anybody gotten lucky enough to pull the Krogan Gladiator yet? I wanna know if her kit is as hilarious to play as it looks

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

Probably 1/6/6/6/6 with...

Annihilation: Radius, Damage Attractor, Draining Field
Lance: Damage & Force, Anti-Shield, Shield-Powered
Offensive Biotics: Power Enhancement, Combo Detonation or Exposure, Biotic Expert
Barrier: Recuperative Barrier, Barrier Drain, Saving Barrier

Leave Annihilation on full time, dive into enemies, and Lance everything once to trigger a combo. There's a short cooldown on you Annihilation Primer before you can combo the same target, maybe about 3 seconds. Get a feel for it so that you're not wasting Lances on high HP targets. Use Throw as a backup detonator. Melee whenever your shields go down and keep on Lancin'.

Only quibble I'd make on that build is that Biotic Warrior might be a better call than Biotic Expert. They both give their bonuses for 3 seconds after using a power and I'm more likely to follow up a Lance with a melee than another Lance right away.

They're both good but Biotic Warrior is competitive.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Has anyone had a Strike team get more than one negative trait? So far I have several teams at 3 positive/1 negative traits. Not sure what the cap is.

• Locked thread