Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Porpoise With A Purpose posted:

With the lag, sync kills are just horrible, even if you escape there's like a 90% chance you'll just rubber band back into range and die again.

So pretty much ME3 MP then, got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

PureRok posted:

I just want the Valkyrie. Then I'll have no problem with anything evermore.

I miss the sheer ocean of weapons we eventually had to choose from in ME3 MP and I hope it gets back there at some point.

I really miss the Phaeston, too :/

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Clips and magazines are sometimes used interchangably (the terms, not the actual things) in the real world, it might not be *the right one* but people still know what you mean, goddammit.

Yes but that will never stop pedants from doing an 'Actually..' on you every time.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Khizan posted:

Sync kills are an important part of the game.

With a full set of revive packs and full set of the medpacks and the cobra missiles and all the various survivability things like low-health-auto-shields and the possibility of teammate revives, it's really pretty difficult to get completely taken out of a wave unless your whole team is just completely loving clown shoes. Sync kills bypass all that and immediately punish positioning fuckups and poor situational awareness. Granted, there are some issues with them now, namely the lack of audio cues when they get close, but they're still one of the few ways to actually take somebody out of a match when their team is on the ball, and it's important to have things that can do that.

I feel like Ascendants are generally in a good place, save for their problematic lack of audio cues. Their projectile is heavily telegraphed and easy to dodge, and they're very easy to just shoot to death from mid/long range. They're only threatening because of their ability to teleport into your face and sync kill you. This forces you to scramble when they get to close range and that often ends up forcing you into bad positions that can be difficult to recover from. This is, imo, the entire reason why the Kett are actually threatening. Remove this and they're going to be a pushover just like the Outlaws.

At no point in ME3 MP's life did Sync Kills ever feel like they weren't the fault of something deciding to rubberband after you, weird latency, or an idiot teammate getting in your way at just the right moment in time.

MEA's Sync Kills are pretty much starting from that point and not going anywhere else.

They are an entirely unfun and completely unnecessary game mechanic that only serve to frustrate players. They do not need defending, they are BAD.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

ME3 MP balance changes ran the gamut from 'Holy poo poo what were they thinking' to 'Yes this is reasonable and good' but people seem to have diminished the level of dumbshit they went to on Me3 MP because, in the end, it all settled out OK

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

They seem less frequent, but maybe that's because classes like the Paladin with snap freeze aren't there any longer.

Snap Freeze and a vanguard was hilarious.

Lash wasn't a very good skill on the Phoenix classes in ME3, but it was a fun one.

Lash was goddamn hilarious for sending weak/weakened enemies flying off. I miss it.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Question: What the gently caress is your problem with fun and why do you want to ruin it for everyone

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

precision posted:

Hey at least dodging doesn't consume Shields anymore

"Hmm, this change is literally the single best alteration they've made to movement and combat in the entire series, how can we gently caress it up so it isn't too fun anymore"

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Relentless posted:

I want to have a reason to NOT press that button.

See previous question.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Relentless posted:

Why play games if they don't challenge you?

For Fun.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

So uh, how about getting that build then?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I think he was just restating the eternal truism that you scrubs need to git gud, not providing a warranty on that particular build concept.

Bullshitting, got it

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Relentless posted:

They made it much slower to level because you don't need to prestige and other good reasons.

Also, important update from the dev's twitter: https://twitter.com/NicSampson/status/856694111251775489

Best one of these I've seen so far, honestly

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Two Finger posted:

From memory I generally only played classes that needed cover as little as possible.

I mean hell, look at the... Devastator? Disruptor? I can't remember what it was called. The N7 Vanguard with the sword and the stagger power he shot from his hand. Someone had that clip of him just utterly wrecking everything on Gold and never once going into cover

Slayer, that was it.

I think all the N7 classes just swaggered around the battlefield with complete disregard for cover. I know the Destroyer did.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

Why Bioware.... why?

Now I think perhaps, and follow me on this one cause I know it's wild, that isn't intended the behavior of the unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

BreakAtmo posted:

They really should release the MP free to everyone before giving up. It's fun, and it would get a slew of new players, making it easier to get games and more worth it to make new content.

it's a bit unreasonable to expect the 5 remaining employees/night janitors to disconnect the MP from the main game

• Locked thread