Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm glad the Claymore is dead, now people will have to actually learn how other guns work.
There, I said it. :colbert:

Frush posted:

-The powers have a little circle on them in the UI if they time prime and a little explosion symbol if they detonate

-Ammo boxes are individual now, instead of shared. Hog all the grenades you wish!
These are welcome changes, though. Racing people to the grenades got old.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Mar 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

So far I've played nothing but a few hours of multiplayer.

Game is cool and good :toot::toot: Except for the roaming hordes of idiot pubbies who keep trying to kill all the baddies instead of doing the loving objectives you loving idiot hellfuckers i hate you

Alteisen posted:

Korgan Vanguard from my free packs. :w00t:
You and me both, buddy! :getin: I also somehow got one of the new alien classes and I'm afraid to try and experiment with it because what if I gently caress it up

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Anyone what wants to add me on the PS4 as well, my PSN is the same there as it is here :toot: I said in the last thread, but I should repeat it here.

ALSO you should probably say what your av on PSN is in case there's more than one person with your name. Mine's the Dragonzord :krakken:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 21, 2017

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah I had a group of pubs who just... completely loving ignored the things we were supposed to deactivate. None of them even tried to do said objective, and when I died trying to deactivate it (because I was by myself, because no one came with me :shepface:) no one came to revive me. At least we were on wave 6 at the time so we managed to get away with a little money anyway.

They way they moved and acted I think they sincerely thought "we can just kill all the mobs and *then* do the objective!" Yeah, it... it doesn't work like that.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Two Finger, add me to the PS4 list of goons, you jerk :v:

Also the servers seem to be having problems.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Two Finger posted:

Do it yourself. Those too weak to be self-reliant will not last here.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Anyone what wants to add me on the PS4 as well, my PSN is the same there as it is here :toot: I said in the last thread, but I should repeat it here.

ALSO you should probably say what your av on PSN is in case there's more than one person with your name. Mine's the Dragonzord :krakken:
:colbert:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Is it like, 'a thing' for pubbies to do the first set of Objectives then deliberately ignore them on 6 and just gently caress around and ignore them? :sigh:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yeaaah Remnant is starting to feel like the Collectors from 3.
I think the enemies in this one are a lot more aggressive and better at attacking us all together than the AI in 3 was.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Why are so many of the new guns semi-auto burst?
And why are they so terrible? :negative:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

Hurricane is still in, and still awesome.

Sniper Rifles also seem really good.

I meant the burst guns, specifically. I'm perfectly happy with the Charger, I was just hoping by now I'd have some other options to play with that weren't the Avenger.

Pruney posted:

Also how do you rank up the weapons..?
Same way as in ME3: Keep buying packs, duplicate cards level up the weapon.
:worship:Praise Dread RNG:worship:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Pruney posted:

Ohh okay. Right well I'll buy my rare pack and then start buying all the cheap ones. Should I focus on getting the shittest pack or the one above it?

Second from the top, the 5000 credit one (at least that's what it is on PS4, no reason it'd be different elsewhere but I don't want to assume) is the one to focus on first. The cheapest one only gives consumable items; handy if you run out, but it won't give you unlocks.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm constantly jumping over cover now because I'm so used to pressing A for everything

What's the deal with the enemy with a red sphere? Am I supposed to shoot the little orb thing that goes around it?

Yes. Shoot the little orb thing that spins around him; when it dies he'll freak the gently caress out and be vulnerable for a while, and eventually he'll make a new one that you'll have to kill as well if you don't kill him fast enough. He doesn't regenerate health while inside it, though, so just kill it again and repeat until he dies.

Or at least he doesn't regen on Bronze; I can't speak for later difficulties.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Baron von der Loon posted:

So if I understand correctly, you first have to start unlocking everything from the basic packs before moving on to more expensive packs. How can you see if you've unlocked all the content from a specific pack?

You don't have to, it's just recommended to max out all the Common stuff first to take it out of rotation so they won't show up in the more expensive packs.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

No, but it takes up a slot that could potentially have been another uncommon

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm carrying my Christmas color scheme over from Warframe. I will bring Christmas to the Andromeda galaxy :sun:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Depends on who my targets are :pervert:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Probably shouldn't assume the old tricks will hold up still, yeah

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

How does your nova not have a cd?

The powerup for Nova that makes it run off of shields again also removes the cooldown

Goons posted:

:qq: Bring back the Volus and Quarians :qq:
They've outright said the Quarians were making an Ark as well, and that part of the reason for their delay was technically difficulties due to having a ton of other species with them- Drell, Hanar, probably Volus as well. Just hold your drat horses and wait for the DLC.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Alteisen posted:

I mean on the field when you're in the world and poo poo, but you can't lug around weapons and stuff and swap them around as needed if you wanted, you have to go to a specific place to do it.
You couldn't do that in 2 or 3 either, and 90% of the weapon and armor options in 1 were garbage, so ?????

Lightning Knight posted:

RIP Flamethrower 2012-2017.
The flamethrower is still in the game, it's on a krogan kit now

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 26, 2017

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Hackan Slash posted:

What's the point where it's better do l to do a higher difficulty and fail, rather than a lower difficulty you can definitely beat?

E.g. if you get to round 4 gold, is that more money and xp than full extracting silver?

There isn't one; you don't make it to the extraction wave, you get no money

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Huh. I could swear it was all or nothing, but maybe that was just a bug.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

Finally, just so I understand the reason, the main idea behind getting common packs until you max stuff out is because once you level them up to ten, they drop off the loot table for the higher level packs? Plus some of the starter classes are pretty decent like infritrator.

Correct, once you've maxed out a character/weapon/weapon mod, it's removed from the drop table and won't show up anymore, so you've got better chances of getting poo poo you don't have yet/don't have maxed.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Near as I can tell, instead of being an "everything in this radius loving dies, no questions asked", they've now been changed to do a set amount of damage. Which is about half a Fiend's health on Bronze :shepicide:

E:fb

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Clips and magazines are sometimes used interchangably (the terms, not the actual things) in the real world, it might not be *the right one* but people still know what you mean, goddammit.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Ambaire posted:

Back when I was playing ME2, I was surprised they didn't have some sort of external cooling rack you could put on your armor to recycle hot thermal clips. Let em cool down, reuse em.

The sheer amount of heat pumped into them A) takes too long to dissipate to make that feasible, and B) I believe is explained in-game as warping the synthetic diamond used for it, so they have to be collected and reprocessed somehow or other.

Or, this being a post-scarcity society, synth-diamond is so dirt cheap to make that they can literally make millions of thermal clips and just leave the spent ones laying around.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I've never had a problem dashing out of the bubble for the ascendant unless something kept me from getting away, like running into a wall (or an rear end in a top hat teammate blocking me in :argh:)
The rest are all valid dpoints.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The Outlaw Hydra tries to have a Sync Kill when it gets low on health but what ends up happening is it just beats the poo poo out of you and doesn't insta-kill you, and even if it does put you down you can still be helped up.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm okay with the announcer going quiet; he's no Admiral Hackett :colbert:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

I also have to lol at the fact that attaching the melee optimizer to the Ruzad Shotgun actually makes it look less threatening

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this :lol:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Whole bunch of people itt who subscribe to the "Every game should be Dark Souls" philosophy of game design and I pray none of you ever become part of a game design team.
Looking at you, Relentless

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

They've all but said other races are going to be on the DLC Quarian Ark that was delayed due to difficulties, so there's a chance.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

precision posted:

You know, if they could work out a way to make a 4v4 team PvP mode... oh God that would be... good...

No it wouldn't be.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Make it a prequel. Mass Effect: First Contact, The short-lived war been humans and the Turians after we first encountered them. Throw in the other council races as part of What If? scenarios.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

+10% of nothing is still nothing.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Digirat posted:

I wonder what the playercount graph has been looking like since the first patch.

Someone less :effort: than me can shop the Andromeda Initiative logo over it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That DICK! posted:

Why the hecking gently caress is everyone doing Kett

Because they haven't seen the new unit yet, probably

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Relentless posted:

Trust EA meddling to force Bioware to take what should be a great moment in gameplay and kill you for it.

Fixed that for you

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Thor-Stryker posted:

Why Bioware.... why?

Sometimes problems really are legitimately a bug and not an intended behavior.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

How the gently caress?... :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"xXx~*DarkShepard*~xXx, please explain to the team why you actively ran away from the extraction platform on the previous mission. 'Lol', 'because', and 'MY K/D RATIO’ will not accepted."

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 7, 2017

• Locked thread