Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

There's a claymore-equivalent in SP (The Ruzad) so it's probably going to be in the first expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

gmq posted:

I'm having a lot of fun playing the SP but I want to try the MP. I never played the ME3MP though, any tips?

PC Origin: gjamq
Prioritize the objective during waves 3+6 over killing enemies, they don't stop spawning until you finish them. Don't go to the extraction point until the last ~20 seconds - you want to try to draw enemies away and give yourself room to move. In general, don't let yourself tunnel- stay mobile and always have a retreat path.

On the classes front, the Asari adept seems utterly amazing- annihilation field with radius+damage amp+shield restore is an amazing force multiplier for your group.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Two Finger posted:

I heard rumblings that sync kills would now only happen if you were below a certain health/shield. Has anyone had a chance to test this?
I don't know about this, but all the sync kills have telegraphs now- the ascendant puts up an orange ring around you, for example. The Remnant don't have any at all as far as I can tell.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I haven't had lag issues, but I've been mostly joining on friends who are in the US.
Also, screw pubbies, play with goons. You'd be shocked by how much easier it is when people are on the same page.

Sarmhan fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 22, 2017

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Nechronic posted:

What is this detonator you're referring to?
One of the rank 6 lance evos lets you have Lance use shields instead of incurring a cooldown, like old nova.
This can be combined with the shield-restore evolution of annhiilation field for a lot of fun.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Androc posted:

Is the shield restore evo better, though? I feel like 'free lift party on every one of those loving stealth dogs that looks at you funny' would be pretty dang strong.

Also, PSA: Remember that you can grab people with lift, walk over to the edge of the map, and dump them off for free kills.
Nah. The dogs die quickly anyway as they walk into your death field. The shield restore is insanely powerful since it hits everyone around you, not just you.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/bioware/status/844659071915560961
Hammer? Check.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

She's probably the Krogan Gladiator that was datamined- If that holds true she'll have pull, blood rage, and either nova or annihilation field (wasn't clear in the files). Along with the offensive Biotic and rage passives obviously.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/DiscoBabaloo/status/844944239087796226
New class is the krogan gladiator, new weapon is the Ruzad.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Asari adept was the first class I got, haven't really touched her though, enjoy Sentinel to much, I did get a Turian Soldier last night and carried a pug team to victory at level 1 though, that was a lot of fun, especially having to do a device thing while spamming my heals when I was close to death cause I didn't feel like losing the mission.

I have the widow and revenant on him, really don't get why ARs so feel poo poo in this, Revenant is the only one I've found that doesn't feel like I'm tickling enemies.

It's not that all ARs are poo poo, it's just that the common and uncommon ones are.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

tooterfish posted:

I know this, I think you're missing a point though. Absolute damage scales with difficulty, but relative damage stays the same because the enemy's health scales at the same rate. In other words, an x/y ranked detonation does exactly same damage to a mook's health bar no matter what the difficulty level.

In ME3 a mid ranked detonation would kill a mook outright, a max ranked one would overkill by quite a bit. On a shorter cooldown to boot.
Mooks are just tougher in ME:A than they were in ME:3.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Tsyni posted:

Salarian has... Can't remember the name, but an ability to regenerate a part of his shield instead of incinerate. I prefer the salarian for that because it's good in a pinch.
For actual sniper use the human's passives are way, way better- the salarian infiltrator seems to be more focused on power use with his passives.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Nechronic posted:

I can't look them up right now but another thing that makes the unlockable classes different is their passive trees.
Yea, I kinda hinted at this, but Salarian support has the Offensive Tech and Support Systems passives while Human gets Munitions Training and Fitness. Munitions training is really goddamn good.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

tooterfish posted:

The Salarian's upper rank 6 passive gives a flat 30% bonus weapon damage for 5 seconds after power use. That's basically a free damage evolution for tactical cloak.

Their upper rank 4 passive also gives +20% to power durations, which can make your cloak's cooldown shorter if you end it early.
It was pretty funny.

No video sadly, it kinda took me by surprise.
Yea, and the Infiltrators tree gives an extra 10% flat damage, 10% faster cooldowns (weight), 15% less reload time/25% extra clip size, and 20% extra headshot damage. I also like fitness a lot more than support tech- more raw health, huge damage resistance when in cover/even huger DR on low health. The salarian can be played a lot more aggressively but the human infiltrator is better at the actual sniping role, in my opinion.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

tooterfish posted:

You won't hit weak points all the time, and you still only end up with an equivalent damage boost even if you do? Human passives give 38% weapon damage vs a weakpoint only (18% otherwise), Salarian gets a flat 38% no matter where you hit. How is that worse?

Cloaking and firing immediately gives you a ~5 second cooldown on cloak, so the Salarian's bonus has 100% uptime even without taking energy drain usage into account.

Also, for those thinking of speccing it: combat cloak is currently bugged, it makes your cloak cooldown last 15 seconds no matter your traits. Kinda sucks.
Flat 30%? You aren't getting amazing uptime on that even if you use it perfectly.

Also, the reload/clip size is super relevant. Making the black widow 4 shots is huge- now you can take out 2 mooks without using cloak even if you biff the headshots. The ammo capacity is super handy too.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

tooterfish posted:

One of them cools down in 5 seconds, the other cools down in 10.
Uh, no?
Energy drain and cloak have 15 second cooldowns. And the power recharge speed boosts get eaten by the weight of your weaponry, which you have no way of mitigating.
And again, the QoL improvement of clip size/reload/max ammo count counts for a lot more than damage, since it gives you much higher time on target.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

tooterfish posted:

Cloak's cooldown is proportional to the duration it has left when its deativated. If you cloak and shoot straight away, it cools down in five seconds.

That's why increasing its duration also indirectly reduces its cooldown.
I just realized what you meant about combat cloak. That's actually pretty relevant. It's still hard to give up getting a full clip of boosted damage off.

Even taking that into account the reload/clip size is generally much handier than the damage difference, given how much overkill you usually do.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

PureRok posted:

The only thing in this game that's actually annoyed me more than minorly is how it calls magazines clips. All the time, even if it refers to them as magazines elsewhere.
I mean they aren't magazines though. Ever since ME2 they've been called thermal clips,

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Ambaire posted:

Some guy over on Reddit did some testing and the shotgun smart choke mod does literally nothing. Wonder how many other weapon mods are bugged and if any of them will get fixed thursday.
OH. That would explain a lot of the issues with shotguns.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

BOO YOU WHORES :saddowns:
OTOH the power buffs have made her into an incredible murder machine.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The hornet is easily my favorite pistol at the moment, although I don't have the also-buffed Hornet/Eagle.
The KroEngineer is a powerhouse now - incinerate + overload are incredibly effective and her massive weight capacity lets you bring basically any weapon you want. Even the Turret is a useful tool now.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

precision posted:

I think it's fine to max assault turret instead of rage on KroEng. 6/6/6/4/4 should be fine, that's how I'm rolling. I never got her into rage much before, and the turret is definitely good now.
Yea, I think that's right - the flamethrower on the turret does serious damage now, it gets nice and tanky, and you can reposition it much more readily/instantly recast it if it dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

BenRGamer posted:

Krogan Engineer, or failing that, Human Engineer is the best choice, I think.

Throwing out Incinerate and Overload and just making everybody explode in between shotgun sniping them with the Crusader is just good and fun.
Really all the starting human classes are effective at their playstyles now, although sentinel needs enough points to get prime on energy drain before it functions.

• Locked thread