Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
What classes do you all feel are effective in silver right now based on powers? I feel like all my guns are poo poo and I'd rather not have to rely on them. I have a salarian infiltrator at V and his sticky grenades actually feel good to use if you are ok with exhausting every ammo box on the map. They don't break your cloak so I assume they get the cloak damage bonus and you can drop up to four at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Asari adept...0 cooldown detonator

What is this detonator you're referring to?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Oh hell yeah. Guess I should level my asari adept then...I should also read through all these talent mutators.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Pierson posted:

The loot boxes they give you an to be exclusively for the single player mode which sucks. :(

Yeah, I don't care about single player right now. I'll start it up after I've capped the loot boxes. I still think strike teams are worth doing because you can spend the resources on character respecs.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Relentless posted:

They're also how you get equipment. Seems to have been disabled for the trial, but I can buy the max shield/melee damage equipment for 120 now, or thermal clips for like 90.

Oh poo poo that is player equipment? I thought they were strike team upgrades

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Relentless posted:

Wait, it reflects the big rear end orb? That's amazing.

Was reading about this in the ME co-op Reddit. Apparently it's a little tricky and you have to have the orb centered on your shield to properly deflect it. Doing it properly can one shot the ascendant's shield. I have yet to see this in game but I think I have an asari sentinel I can level to test it out. This should work on other big projectiles like not-atlas rockets.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I think everyone should aim for getting a Charger X since it's apparently the only decent common gun.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

shadok posted:

I miss the Quarians. And the Volus.

Kineticist really should have been a Volus.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
As it stands juggernaut shield builds of various kinds are probably the best way to earn currency right now until you get good guns/they patch guns to be better. If you have a juggernaut shield and a human vanguard X you can function in gold just fine as soon as you max out barrier/charge. Ideally you'd have an asari adept buffing everyone's damage and also contributing her own silly amounts of melee, and an infiltrator of some kind to make device objectives easier.

As for melee janky-ness I try to take a step back and realign myself to target before throwing another punch but it doesn't always work. And I STILL haven't figured out what key I need to press to break Adhi grabs. It just says "press key" and people here and on reddit have posted that it's both the use and melee keys, but it feels like neither of mine work. For now I'm just going to prioritize using Charge on Adhis above all else.

Speaking of which, there's no reason to fight anything other than Outlaws if you're farming gold, is there?. Remnant and Kett feel a lot more dangerous to melee players.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Tsyni posted:

Salarian has... Can't remember the name, but an ability to regenerate a part of his shield instead of incinerate. I prefer the salarian for that because it's good in a pinch.

I can't look them up right now but another thing that makes the unlockable classes different is their passive trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

terrorist ambulance posted:

Thanks. Luckily I do have a vanquisher and was using it with one of the turian classes; it's pretty effective cause it actually kills things whereas other guns don't.

Do people still use the vanquisher with vanguards etc?

Also, people are talking about melee being awesome - how so? Taking all the melee skills and just spamming it? I tried with a krogan gladiator and it didn't seem to work very well at all.

Right now in the store you can buy a Juggernaut Shield for Mission Funds. This item increases your melee damage substantially (70%?). I don't know the gladiator's passives but since they're a krogan I assume they have rage. You'll probably want to focus on that and annhilation field. Melee is really strong right now because of the juggernaut shield. Many classes have a passive (barrier) that allows them to regain shields on a successful melee attack. Vanguards have this in addition to being able to charge to instantly close gaps and refill their shields as well. As for using a vanquisher on a vanguard, I guess you could but you'd be better off using a shotgun/pistol with a melee mod attached for more punching. The only things you need to worry about shooting as a vanguard are observers and sync killers. If your "cheat death" barrier passive is up though you can punch those too.

waah posted:

So other ME3:MP junkies, are you guys actually finding the multiplayer boring? Like I bought this game cause I figured the internet was being ultra hyperbolic about this game, and I knew even if the single player sucked, at least I would enjoy multiplayer.

It appears I was wrong. I know gold and platinum were where it was best in ME3, but I dunno. Everything about Andromeda seems boring. The enemies, the locations, especially the weapons since I cant kill anything on bronze with my guns.

I thought for sure with less rounds, the matches would be quicker, but even those drag out to about the same amount of time.

What am I missing here guys? This isn't really as bad as it feels right now right?

Right now the game feels stale to me because the rewards you're grinding towards aren't satisfying. It's not exciting when you unlock a new class or gun because they're either bad or they won't be at their best until you get their card 9 more times. The added mobility feels great but the guns/power combos mostly suck and melee feels janky at best. I also miss the satisfying smashyness of ME3's heavy melees.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 30, 2017

• Locked thread