Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Anita Dickinme posted:

Geth coming to Andromeda as the Quarian ark. :allears:

"Any reason why you stuck 10,000 of us inside you to go to another galaxy?"
"There was a hole..."

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

moot the hopple posted:

The one power I miss is Warp. I guess Lance is pretty much it's stand-in now but I liked hooking a slow moving bowling ball that'd knock enemies around like pins.

Warp was the people's primer/detonator. No way it's coming back.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Houdini posted:

The Sweeper is really good now... :stare:

Good as in functional? Because as 'good' as the Vindicator was in ME3 burst fire weapons are always a little lacking.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

It's mostly a bunch of multiplayer bug fixes and balance changes along with the demanded feature of slamming that hot anagaran rear end with dude Ryder.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Two Finger posted:

Are the balance changes listed anywhere?

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/06/06/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-08-notes/

Bioware posted:

• Stealth Grid challenge now increments properly
  • Fiend no longer sprints when within 10 meters of target, and will decelerate to base speed
  • Enabled movement correction during Fiend attacks to reduce incidence of players seeing Fiends attacking in the wrong direction
  • Improved movement prediction for some enemies in tight spaces to reduce appearance of teleportation
  • Fixed issue that prevented melee attacks if the revive icon was near center screen
  • Fixed issue where ammo pick-up audio incorrectly played
  • Fixed issue where Backlash could malfunction while moving
  • Using Stealth and Recon Visor together no longer increases duration of invisibility for Turian Agent
  • Fixed issue where weight reduction modifications wouldn’t reduce weight
  • The Revive Pack Transmitter now displays the revive radius in the loadout screen
  • Equipping the Cobra RPG now interrupts reloading
  • Player turns to Adhi when getting synced to avoid teleportation issue
  • Fixed issue where enemies would occasionally enter T-pose when hit
  • Improved visual and audio cues for player ready status in Multiplayer lobbies
  • Added “Lights” option to customization options

More QoL improvements and bug fixes than 'balance changes'.

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jun 7, 2017

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Zigmidge posted:

And your idea of balance changes are?

moist turtleneck posted:

Being able to gently caress jaal doesn't help the lovely dps of half the guns

Duh. Now both Ryders get to ride.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Dick Trauma posted:

I made the mistake of bringing Peebee along with me when I wanted Cora for the beginning of the Asari ark search. Those two were at it like cats and dogs the whole time! Peebee and Jaal were a much more entertaining pairing, especially when she was checking to see if he was faking being asleep.

I'm still not crafting anything since I have no grasp of the rate at which I collect critical raw materials, nor the real value of what I can craft. I made one SMG and despite the stats it was awful. With my first pod unlock I selected the hidden caches and I'm getting a decent amount of equipment that way.

The Carnifex has been my go to gun with my tech, especially since I'm getting better at jumping and evading, and I found a cryo melee weapon that has gotten me out of some tough spots by buying me enough time to run for fresh cover.

So far although this is clearly not up to the standard of the first three games I'm enjoying myself. The environments are so well done it helps make up for the shortfalls, and from time to time there's some decent writing to make up for the general blandness.

I ran an adept with Throw/Singularity/Energy Drain and maxed out Tech Support as soon as I could. I would prime with singularity, hit with energy drain to proc a biotic explosion and tech support heals, then hit with throw for a tech explosion. Rinse, repeat.

For weapons I ran a Sandstorm/Sweeper as an MMR, a Ghost with a vintage heat sink for rapid fire, Piranha for close range, and a Black Widow with a bio converter for long range.

The problem with crafting is that you won't get enough resources between levels without doing strike team missions and even then you're only going to get enough for 2 specializations. You won't really have enough to make multiple sets like a full Angaran set and a full Kett set. I can't recall exactly what I used but I think it was a Heleus helmet and armor, N7 arms and legs. Bank on making new gear every 10 levels starting at x1 levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Dick Trauma posted:

I've been using the suggestion to set people on fire for anti-armor, overload them for anti-shield and then shield drain to blow them all up. It's been working okay even with how wacky combat can get compared to the original games. I expect Peebee will always occupy one slot for biotic goodness and then someone like Vetra for additional offense. I haven't been happy with Cora/Drack running off to get themselves killed, and the others don't feel like they add anything in particular. I used to be a sucker for Zaeed and Concussive Shot but companions are inconsistent on when they use their powers.

I'm focusing on the passive buffs for companions, particularly defensive ones. Other than an early battle on the starter world none of the companions have been dropped.

I've yet to issue any companion commands. Things move too quickly and are too chaotic for me to waste time trying to place them in any particular spot during a battle.

If you have Drack you really just let him do his thing. Make sure he has all of his health regen talents. It's great watching a non-Wrex murder train run around even if he yolos into your scope.

https://i.imgur.com/M7HYp6I.gifv

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 11, 2017

• Locked thread