Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Who thought observers were a good idea anyways, more specifically, where are the hitboxes on anything Remnant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

ZombyDog posted:

Shoot Observers in their glowy face when they are shooting you ( weakspot ), shoot Assemblers in their glowy face when they are shooting you ( weakspot ), shoot.

I seem to have so much trouble with these hitboxes, 90% of the time it never criticals and I can't figure out why.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Teleporting lag fiends can suck my dong

One would think they would have learned from ME3 and relaxed the netcode requirements for player and monster positions...

But nope, laggy host means teleports for everyone!

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I just want to know why Berserkers can do the running backhand melee, but I can't. :mad:

Quite possibly the greatest downgrade ever.

Who the gently caress removes the Krogan backhand for a lovely rear end, movement locking, unimaginative headbutt.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
They could do a minion mode where the opposing four players control minions/tanks.

But I'd rather Bioware fix their game instead.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Just fell off a corner of the map and it teleported me across to the other side of the level and an Ascendant was already casting his insta-kill bubble before I could move.

Thanks Obioware!

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I miss player sync-killing enemies. At least make it so you can sync kill an enemy behind cover if your melee would drop their life below 0%.

I felt like an idiot when I mosied up to a trash mob behind cover and sat there meleeing the air as he shot me.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
But then the opposite issue comes when you discover than 95% of the guns are absolute poo poo. And all these boxes are worthless.

Like, you either have the Vanquisher, or you run a biotics/melee class because Bioware.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Dilb posted:

Hey hey hey, there's the piranha. And some not-terrible pistols (talon, equalizer) if you really don't want to snipe.

But ugh, why the hell did they want to de-emphasize power-only builds. There are a million better shooters, there's hardly any games where you can be a teleporting space-wizard.

Well, they kept in the enemy dodge mechanic in, there's still that lovely 1 in 5 chance some basic mob will instantly negate your power because he hopped a foot to the left.

I mean it's not even like Smash Bros Brawl which stuck in the tripping mechanic to keep it casual, Bioware just has enemy dodge in there to hatefuck you.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
The real problem with the Landing Zone Round is that the extraction-ring doesn't encompass the entire platform.

Like, what retarded dev didn't make it cover the entire landing pad? I've seen new players that are on the edge where the shuttle would arrive and they don't count because they're not touching the stupid ring.

Holy gently caress how bad can developers be this time around?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Welp, I just learned not to use the Charge power out of an Ascendant insta-kill bubble because he will teleport with you to your location and kill you anyways.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Guess this Ascendant learned not to have a weak-point on their bubble-shield:

He could launch the roving deathballs all day. Shooting at the spot where the weak-point would be, did nothing.
It took a Cobra round to break the shield to which he immediately reset it, at least after the reset the weak-point showed up again.

Why Bioware.... why?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
The Indra would be cool if it actually shot explosions for some light AoE damage like the GFX make you believe. That would help justify the horrible stability and low damage.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Every single gun/tech build I have runs a Vanquisher because it's the best gun in the game. I can't use anything else because they need +8 levels just to be "ok".

Zakmonster posted:

I keep hearing this complaint, but I don't quite get it. The characters sound alright to me. The Salarians are a bit wimpy (especially the Operator).

The operator is actually a pretty good support if you spec him right. You can get infinite shield-regen (With no recharge delay.) Which makes it impossible to die to snipers.
His other two powers cover all enemy types and Infect can generate a lot of support points.

You really need a Vanquisher/Isharay/BlackWidow to make him work though.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

precision posted:

I'm way more forgiving than most and here is my comprehensive list of guns worth using on Gold (note: I don't have all guns yet):
Kinda good:

*guns*

That's like 75% of the guns in the game right there. So yeah the balance isn't quite as bad as people are saying, it's more that all enemies take forever to kill. Berserkers take 7 headshots from a Vanquisher.

I'd still argue some of those aren't that good:
-Falcon/Scorpion suffer from the fact that mobs don't stand as close to each other anymore, Remnant mobs spread even more due to flying types.
-PAW is cool for shields but not much else
-Inferno has travel time and bad enough accuracy that makes it regularly misses headshots unless you take the shoot-mans perks.
-Eagle is slightly better than rank X Predator pistol, except it's an UR so have fun levelling it.
-Sidewinder is good if you can consistently land headshots at a close range, but the Talon/Equalizer outclasses it for gun-light characters.

And that's mainly from my experience on silver, perhaps powerups are what's needed to break the severe weakness of all these guns?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

precision posted:

Well that's the point, even at rank 1 the Eagle outdamages the Predator in every way. A better argument would be "Eagle is only slightly better than Equalizer".

Except that you put it in a category of 'Kinda Good' when it barely does poo poo on Bronze. To which Predator X is poo poo too.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

BreakAtmo posted:

It really will be cool to see new classes. I'd like to see a proper Turian Vanguard

Give me my Turian Havok back, and give me more godamn tech combo powers!

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Does the penetration mod work properly for anyone? I find I can shoot through thin walls, and basic mobs that are struck will do the 'stagger' animation.

Except they take zero damage, was it like that in ME3?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

What the christ, how rushed was this game belted out of the doorway. :psyduck:

You mean the 2-ton brute that teleports around the map grabbing people is supposed to have footstep sounds?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Maxed out my first gold weapon: Indra X :negative:

Good news is it works pretty well on Silver if you spec the Turrian Soldier for max Accuracy/Stability. Haven't even tried it with ammo mods.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
We need a Krogan/Elcor class with "Biotic Literal Charge" where the class starts running and keeps gaining speed until it slams into a wall/runs off the edge of the stage.

Any unshielded enemies that come into contact are sent flying into the air and are primed until they hit the ground, the first enemy that contacts the front of the Krogelcor is 'grabbed' and smashed into the wall ala Reinhardt from Overwatch.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

WanderingKid posted:

I kept getting cards for Angara Insurgent so I made one and holy cow shield boost is absurdly broken. At level 7 I'm literally invincible. Today I pug it up and sure enough the host's internet connection is made of cheese so everyone except the host rubberbands like retards towards the sniper spot on Firebase Zero (Kett). By wave 5, everyone seems to realize they can't ever die so we roll around the map in an unstoppable death ball.

Wave 7 turns into the smoothest evac ever, with people standing out in the open punching Anoited as the bullets roll like water droplets off a duck's feathers. The scoreboard comes up and I'm in dead last place with 11,000 points. Bronze support medal. Fuuuuuuck that poo poo.

I feel the Salarian Operator does it better just because of his passives, but he also has more effective On-Use abilities. Being able to regenerate 77-shields every second for forever is pretty awesome thanks to shield-gate mechanics.

Thor-Stryker fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 8, 2017

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Just learned a valuable lesson on Firebase Sandstorm, twice!

1. Do not stand on the floor above a Behemoth, he'll grab you through the roof and insta-kill you.

2. Do not stand on the floor above an Ascendant, he'll bubble you through the roof and insta-kill you.

Geewilickers Bioware knows how to make an engaging and fun game that feels fair and well polished!

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Oh man, buffed Soned means my gimmick Accuracy Turian Soldier is going to be fun af. I did an APEX mission with buffed rifles before the patch and could mow down enemies while slowly walking at them like a loving Terminator.

Now I can do it in regular missions with even more headshots!

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

precision posted:

Nova

Increased base damage from 400 to 420

This feels more like a joke than a necessary change :j:

It's base damage though. You're doing an extra 20+ whatever dmg modifiers you have to each enemy in its radius.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

precision posted:

It was just a weed joke guys :j:

I wonder why they gave Barricade an extra 1 second? Was anyone even asking for changes to Barricade? They could post "Barricade: Now fires Explosive Blades every 2s" and I'd still have to think about whether I want more than 1 point in it.

My bad on the :420: joke.

Barricade always kinda felt short on deploy time, it's a good reliable power and helps in a lot of tough situations since Bioware made the Team-Hack/3-Point Upload locations have minimal cover.

More importantly, Ruzad does double the damage now! Time to gently caress poo poo up in the face!

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
For those of you wondering, the X5 Ghost assault rifle is a slightly weaker Revenant with 40% more magazine, less weight, and better accuracy. Definitely is great with Turbocharge.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

precision posted:

I would hope they'll hop on that problem real quick by giving everyone a few free Respec Cards (not that they're a problem to get anyway)

I don't think you get bonus points back though? Which sucks for anyone that's maxed out or near max level already.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

precision posted:

Bonus points? A respec card just refunds you every point spent, leaving the three points in the three active skills you can't remove. There's no downside to re-speccing at all.

If you reach lvl 20, you can continue to receive points to spend via character cards. However, I believe if you respec, those character card points will disappear.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Rocketpriest posted:

That's not a thing at all, no.

I dunno, I was 6/6/4/6 on my lvl 20 Turian Havok trooper and could only go 6/6/1/6 after the respec.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Monolith. posted:

So the game is mostly fixed now?

Not by a longshot.

However, it is playable now.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Rocketpriest posted:

. I just need to try the havoc trooper now that I finally have her to see if turians are great across the board.

If you actually spec into her gimmick, she's extremely fun. I don't know if she would be viable for Gold that way though.

Works best with Sniper-Rifles since you want to pop heads as quickly as possible to stay in the air.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

BBQ Dave posted:

The update respeced my duelist! Played a few games before figuring it out. Anybody else have that problem?

It's a bug causing some classes to switch the tier 4-6 skills because Bioware.

At least respecs are pretty common.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Zigmidge posted:

Platinum difficulty needs to happen now that the rpg crowd is happy.

As long as they bring back all the tech powers that are missing so we can get roving tech-death squads going:
Arc/Homing/Multi-Frag/Inferno Grenades
Carnage
Ballistic Blades
Sabotage
Submission Net
Havoc Strike
Stimulant Pack
Snap Freeze
etc

For having so much design space, they played it extremely safe with powers this time around and as said earlier, they just mix and matched them for the majority of the classes barring a few exceptions.

Edit: Enhanced Munitions Equipment is in the store for the next 15 hours:
"Increases Damage Deal by Combat Powers by 30%"
Doesn't really explain combat powers however.

Thor-Stryker fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 12, 2017

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Some Zero posted:

Krogan Merc with 10 flak shells and a soned was destroying gold lettering last night. gently caress it was so much fun it was like a different game.

Oh my God is the Soned so much fun now. I'm using it on my Shootmans-Turian and it's basically a Revenant on crack. You cant help but scream like heavy weapons guy as you mercilessly mow down enemies without taking cover.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

highmodulus posted:

For Human Soldier turbo builds- Revenant or Soned? AR Stock X or Magazine II Mod? Backup up pistol (thinking Ulshor I).

Thanks!

With the new buffs, the Soned is a direct upgrade to Revenant/X5 as long as you stay at medium or closer range.
The kickback on the Soned isn't that bad as its accuracy is the issue. Might as well take the magazine mod for more shootmans fun.

You also don't really need a backup pistol since the Soned reloads really fast and you'll be moving around alot to ammo containers whilst leaving a trail of dead bodies in your wake.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Rascyc posted:

Hm I actually find the Kett to be the easiest now. They are just made of tissue.

Yeah, I've had Outlaws mercilessly focus fire me when I had all three teammates in front of me in the open and then charge past them to stomp me without waiting. It was a laggy game but :stonk: drat.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Barricade feels like it was designed for ME3 before jetpacks became a thing.

But since there's no more hunkering down in spots to fight off waves of enemies, its only use is for two objective types. You can make it work for a shootmans character, but th fade out time on it is so long that you'll die before you can put the replacement down.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I mean I agree, but each faction has abilities that shoot through or over the barricade. If they make a Turian with Barricade then it will be the Bee's knees since their racial passives make them super durable behind cover.

Everyone else, you might as well just hug some cover instead of wasting precious skill points for something that really needs it's 6 evolution to be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Zakmonster posted:

Also, what Turian racial passives are you talking about? Is there some kind of hidden race-based stat I didn't know about?

precision posted:

They're probably referring to Defensive Positioning and Hold the Line, which as you imply aren't Turian-exclusive.

My bad, I didn't notice Combat Fitness was shared with Human Soldiers because I never touched mine. Point still stands that Defensive Positioning and Hold the Line are great if you can get a barricade buddy.

Zakmonster posted:

Oh, that's unfortunate. I was actually hoping that the different races had some different passive abilities.

As far as I know the only 'literal' racial passives are hover times. Turians hover the longest while Krogans can't hover at all (They just slowly sink.)

• Locked thread