Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
There's an easy way to test AA's power

##vote AA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

who knows how long it will take for kash to see
:rip: kash

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Seems like an excellent role for scum, and I think it's balanced due to town kill roles (I technically fit that category)

##vote AA

I don't think this is wise. Unless you're claiming to be a third party. Looking at how the results have gone, I doubt there's a third party team, they would probably have declared a win already if there was.

Logically however, I buy that there's at least one third party player among all the roles and the paperboy role + flavour seems like a good fit.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Scum.txt

Not voting DB yet. Turbos are the devil's work.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I don't think this is wise. Unless you're claiming to be a third party. Looking at how the results have gone, I doubt there's a third party team, they would probably have declared a win already if there was.

Logically however, I buy that there's at least one third party player among all the roles and the paperboy role + flavour seems like a good fit.

I am town aligned. Given how HAWKEMAN threw shade at me and then immediately jumped on the vote, I think you might be right.

##unvote

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I shouldn't be able to vote AA

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Testing is good but by the nature of it being so easy to test I really doubt AA is lying about his ability.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
An AA vote is a waste. He currently has a single paper out that's not accounted for, since he missed on night 3, stickup is effectively dead from night 2 and night 1 is unaccounted for.

We could wait til tomorrow and be fine and still have a Slasher Hawke backup.

We should vote for the guy who has said LITERALLY NOTHING about what their power is.

##vote Apshyxious

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

An AA vote is a waste. He currently has a single paper out that's not accounted for, since he missed on night 3, stickup is effectively dead from night 2 and night 1 is unaccounted for.

We could wait til tomorrow and be fine and still have a Slasher Hawke backup.

We should vote for the guy who has said LITERALLY NOTHING about what their power is.

##vote Apshyxious

##vote Asphyxious

Better.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
##unvote because I don't to risk any hated schenanigans just yet.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
So... if no one is claiming making TQ hated... should we assume TQ is town? gently caress I' so confused by this game, I think I hate role madness.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Turbos are the devil's work.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I think I hate role madness.

somewhat irrelevant but I would just like to point out these extremely wrong opinions

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Dick Bastardly posted:

So... if no one is claiming making TQ hated... should we assume TQ is town? gently caress I' so confused by this game, I think I hate role madness.

We have every power accounted for apart from Asphy's power. I assume it's theirs. Scum could be lying, but I don't understand why scum would try such an obvious tactic to kill someone.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

this is a stickup posted:

somewhat irrelevant but I would just like to point out these extremely wrong opinions

I love role madness. I mean I have a loving garbo role this time but it means my superpower of making spreadsheets has a value.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

How the hell do you even know that?

Hmmm I wonder

Asphyxious posted:

Last night when I wasn't occupied shutting down TQ I reread the votes on D2. Bird has been wrong about one vote in this game. At all. He's been on every lynched scum and off of every town lynch vote bar Jimson who never showed up. It's a great way to stay under the radar.

If you look at the cases he has made, there's virtually no effort on them. The sun total of the Rairty case was

Since then he's done nothing but string town along. There's no effort of a townie unsure who the scum are. It's all been for town cred.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I love role madness. I mean I have a loving garbo role this time but it means my superpower of making spreadsheets has a value.

I think this is my main problem. I didn't do a spreadsheet.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
So you think your power somehow saved you from being night killed by me and you're voting for slasher hawke?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Asphyxious posted:

Hmmm I wonder

There's nothing here on Hawke beyond "Hawke is good at mafia."

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Truth Quark posted:

So you think your power somehow saved you from being night killed by me and you're voting for slasher hawke?

Bird has been on nobody's radar the entire game. You on the other hand tried to take down Megaman and are now -2. People need to think about bird, which they aren't going to do if I vote you to -1

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Now if you told me what your goddamn ability was, I might actually be inclined to believe you instead of thinking this is some amazingly stupid scum push.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

There's nothing here on Hawke beyond "Hawke is good at mafia."

Town mislynches because they don't know anyone's alignment but they try to find out. Reading Bird, he is posting exactly like someone who already knows people's alignment and isn't putting effort into casing, but is on the right side of the votes to avoid arousing suspicion.

Normally town bird approaches KB levels of thought in posts, but he's not doing it here.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Now if you told me what your goddamn ability was, I might actually be inclined to believe you instead of thinking this is some amazingly stupid scum push.

I can take powers from robot masters but only once and I don't know what the powers are in advance. D1/N1 I had the Dust Crusher which made me a bomb. Then I changed to Skull Barrier which protected me from TQ.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Asphyxious posted:

I can take powers from robot masters but only once and I don't know what the powers are in advance. D1/N1 I had the Dust Crusher which made me a bomb. Then I changed to Skull Barrier which protected me from TQ.

Is this all that it does? Protect you from NKs?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Asphyxious posted:

Town mislynches because they don't know anyone's alignment but they try to find out. Reading Bird, he is posting exactly like someone who already knows people's alignment and isn't putting effort into casing, but is on the right side of the votes to avoid arousing suspicion.

Normally town bird approaches KB levels of thought in posts, but he's not doing it here.

What game are you?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

What game are you?

Megaman 4.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I still don't trust DickyB. Goes on "offense" and two town dead, tries to lead a wagon on AA whose claim is easily testable.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Truth Quark posted:

Is this all that it does? Protect you from NKs?

Hostile actions.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I find that answer incredibly vague and unconvincing. I think you should full claim what "Skull Barrier" is supposed to do, because your story is not lining up.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Truth Quark posted:

I find that answer incredibly vague and unconvincing. I think you should full claim what "Skull Barrier" is supposed to do, because your story is not lining up.

It shouldn't be this hard.

Truth Quark posted:

I bus drove myself and gaspy last night. I was supposed to have some neato powers today but uhh, I ended up vanilla instead.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm asking because I want it from your mouth, not mine.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Asphyxious posted:

It shouldn't be this hard.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
So here's what I find implausible, in order.

That someone would pick Megaman 4 as their NES game to start off with.

That dust crusher would make you into a bomb given the weapon fires a bomb and doesn't make megaman explode.

That you would have a role with 8 separate abilities that you can choose from at will and not basically be god for a game of Mafia. Especially if you can just google robot masters and infer the power. Especially given how easy that is with MM4 bosses. What a surprise, pharaoh shot will let you charge a vig!

Oh and most importantly.

That you would get a power like that when I picked Megaman 2 and got loving doctor.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Half of that is me trying, the other half is my utter fury if I literally got doctor and could have had pick 8 abilities with one being a guaranteed shield.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Yorkshire Tea posted:

That you would get a power like that when I picked Megaman 2 and got loving doctor.

Flavor arguments aside, this is a good point here.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Truth Quark posted:

Flavor arguments aside, this is a good point here.

Honest to god, during the megaman mafia I figured out most alignments via flavour.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Anyway, about to go to bed.

Looking at things. I think Asphy is lying so my vote stays the same.

If you don't buy that then Asphy blocks busdriver on the previous night.

If TQ isn't lying and given the number of deaths on night 2 I don't think they are. Someone targets them and takes their power.

Of the remainder, it's confirmed that AA and I both can't do that, nor can stickup. So it's not us. Asiina is covered by AA because that's consistent with being able to Jail themself.

So of the remaining two you have DB and Slasher Hawke as players with abilities that aren't confirmed all that well.

I'm guessing it's DB since two guys getting access to PGO seems a bit much, even in role madness. But again, I just think Asphy is most likely to be lying.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I didn't choose Megaman 4 and I can't speak to the flavour all I can go off is Epsilon's previous messages with Kash.

E+ changed from Dust Crusher to Skull Barrier after N1. I can't change the powers at will, it has to be in order so whatever in game beats skull power is what will be next if I change.

Last night my power blocked TQ and put those votes on him today. I'm more than happy to vote TQ but it would be easy to end discussion early and nobody wants to consider Bird for some reason.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

accepting for a moment gaspy's claim about what the skull dealie does [not his alignment], it leaves dickyb as the NK culprit given everyone else's action interacted with another player

unless you think it was me based on gaspys case or something

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Asphyxious posted:

TQ why did you try to kill me?

naughty

Asphyxious posted:

Hostile actions.

Asphyxious posted:

Last night my power blocked TQ and put those votes on him today.

note how Gaspy initially claims TQ tried to NK him but subtly walks it back to "hostile actions"

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

accepting for a moment gaspy's claim about what the skull dealie does [not his alignment], it leaves dickyb as the NK culprit given everyone else's action interacted with another player

unless you think it was me based on gaspys case or something

It is possible that both players visited me and died as a result, I can't deny the possibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
The one piece that is still missing, is how did I end up becoming Vanially today. Gaspy hasn't mentioned it in any of his posts.

I also have trouble believing that Kashuno would interpret bus driving as a "hostile action." Everything I've read on it calls it a pro-town role.

• Locked thread