Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Hey, that's a hammer for Dick Bastardly!

Votecount for Day 5
With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
This ain't rock'n'roll, this is... genocide

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Plz dont kill me. I will crie

My dick move was nk'ing YT last night when he gave me a life canister

sorry YT scum gonna scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Dick Bastardly Town Aligned Tecmo Bowl

quote:

Kashuno wrote on Mar 28, 2017 16:20:
You are Tecmo Bowl! Each night, you can choose offense or defense. If you are offense, you will kill any player that visits you. If you are defense, you will doc any player that visits you. You are town aligned and win when there are no town threats.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Asiina, Town Aligned Final Fantasy

quote:

You are Final Fantasy! Each night, you may choose to use one of the following Crystals. Wind Crystal: Choose any player and blow any visitors to that target away. Water Crystal: Restrict target player to 2 word posts. If they post more than 2 words, they lose consciousness and cannot post the rest of the day or act that night. Earth Crystal: Cause an earthquake that prevents a player at random from acting. Fire Crystal: Grant another player a second action the following night. Each crystal has a one night cooldown. You are town aligned, and win when there are no threats to town.

Slasher Hawke (World Cup Soccer) and Asphyxious (Megaman 4) claim a Scum Victory
Anomalous Amalgam claims a 3P Paperboy Survivor Victory

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

That World Cup Soccer ability was fuckin nuts, but I saw the gif and had to forgive you.

btw my bread crumb was the best

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

gg folks thanks kash for running

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
THE THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER TAKES IT AGAIN

:australia:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
TOWN
AnonymousNarcotics, Star Tropics:You are Star Tropics! Each night, you may write up to five players names on a letter and dip it into the water. This letter will reveal to you if any of the players on the list have killed any other players at any point. You are town aligned, and win when there are no threats to town.

CapitalistPig/Asiina, Final Fantasy:You are Final Fantasy! Each night, you may choose to use one of the following Crystals. Wind Crystal: Choose any player and blow any visitors to that target away. Water Crystal: Restrict target player to 2 word posts. If they post more than 2 words, they lose consciousness and cannot post the rest of the day or act that night. Earth Crystal: Cause an earthquake that prevents a player at random from acting. Fire Crystal: Grant another player a second action the following night. Each crystal has a one night cooldown. You are town aligned, and win when there are no threats to town.

Dick Bastardly, Tecmo Bowl:You are Tecmo Bowl! Each night, you can choose offense or defense. If you are offense, you will kill any player that visits you. If you are defense, you will doc any player that visits you. You are town aligned and win when there are no town threats.

Bifauxnen, Crystalis: You are Crystalis! At night, you may charge Crystalis for a power attack, and the following night you can fire it at a target to kill them. While charging you cannot be killed. You are town aligned, an win when there are no threats to town.

Flamander, Gimmick!: You are Gimmick! Each night, you can choose one of the following. Throw your star at a player to prevent them from acting OR Ride your star after a player to track where they go. You are town aligned, and win when there are no threats to town.

imgay, Dragon Warrior 2: You are Dragon Warrior 2! Each night, you may challenge a player to a random battle to prevent them from acting. After two battles, you will level up to a jailer. You are town aligned, and win when there are no threats to town

Infinitum, Yie Ar Kung-Fu: You are Yie Ar Kung-Fu! Each day, you may thunderdome another player by publically declaring FIGHT in thread. Unbeknowst to you or others, all players have been assigned a health value. You have 20 Health that does not recover between rounds. Each vote will decrease health, even if unvoted. You are town aligned, and win when there are no threats to town

JimsonTheBetrayer, JAWS: You are JAWS! Each night, you may visit a player. Visiting a player will give you either a 1 shot sane brutal cop or a 1 shot insane brutal cop. You will not be informed which. You may not visit and use your cop in the same night. If you visit 3 players total at any point throughout the game you will permanently become a brutal cop. You are Town Aligned and win when no threats to town remain

King Burgundy, Uncharted Waters: You are Uncharted Waters! Each night, you may go to a player an offer to trade a 1x track, 1x watch, 1x doc, or 1x vig for a 1x version of their role. You cannot use these 1x abilities, but you have an infinite number of them. You cannot trade and use a bartered for ability the same day. No alignment pertinent information will be given to you, and you will not receive the exact wording they received. You are town aligned and win when there are no threats to town.

Moatillata, Milon's Secret Castle: You are Milons Secret Castle! At night, you can hide behind any other player. If you do, the next night you hide you will hide both yourself and any player you have previously hid behind. You are town aligned and win when no threats to town are left.

this is a stickup, Silver Surfer: You are Silver Surfer! You are 6x Deathproof. You die when you are voted or are targeted by any ability. Your votes count for the current count of deathproof you have. You are town aligned, and win when there are no threats to town.

Truth Quark, Sid Meier's Pirates: You are Sid Meier's Pirates! You may choose an age during d1 to grant you a role. Every full game day/night cycle will advance your timer by 20 years to grant a different role, but you will die when your cycle reaches 1700. 1600: You are vanilla 1620:You are a bodyguard 1640: you are a paranoid gun owner 1660: you are a bus driver 1680: you are a deathproof 1x day oracle (ask questions about game setup) 1x day vig 1x night vig

Yorkshire Tea, Megaman 2: You are Megaman 2! At night, you can offer Energy Canisters to other players. If they accept, they will receive the Canister. If they refuse, you will receive the Canister. The canister prevents death the night it is offered. You are town aligned, and win when there are no threats to town.

Your Personal Muse, Punch Out!: You are Punch Out! During the day, you can challenge a player to a boxing match by PMing me. The player with the higher post count at the end of the game day wins the boxing match. If you win, you may choose to kill that player that night. If the opponent wins, nothing happens. You are town aligned, and win when there are no threats to town.

IllegallySober, ExciteBike: You are ExciteBike! Each night, you can use the track creator to force two players to target each other if possible. If it fails for any reason, you learn who took an action and who did not. You are town aligned, and win when there are no threats to town.

THIRD PARTY
Anomalous Amalgam, Paperboy: You are Paperboy! Each night, you may throw a paper to target player. That player cannot vote you, ever. You are a third party, and win the game when there are no living players that can vote you.

SCUM
Rarity, Barbie: You are Barbie! Each night, you may use your charm bracelet to command a player to target a player of your choice. The original target does not know they have been redirected.

SLASHER HAWKE, World Cup Soccer: You are World Cup Soccer! Twice per game, when performing the Night Kill you can perform a Super Shot. When you do, you also kill any players visiting the target and any targets that palyer is visitng.

Mayor Glowku, Alfred Chicken: You are Alfred Chicken! When performing the Night Kill, you can peck the player instead. If you do, instead of dying that night they will die the following night and you will know who they visited the night you peck them.

Epsilon Plus/Asphyxious, Megaman 4: You are Megaman 4! On day 1, you will a choose a Megaman 4 Robot Master. You will gain an ability based on that Robot Master. Each day following, you can choose to kill the Robot Master that your current ability is strong against to replace your current ability with a new ability. Robot Masters: Ring Man, Dive Man, Skull Man, Pharaoh Man, Bright Man, Toad Man, Drill Man, Dust Man. With the exception of the first Robot Master, you may not perform the NK if you kill a Robot Master. You do not know the roles ahead of time, but they are all powerful.

postmodifier, Solstice: You are Solstice! Once per game, you may choose to prevent anyone from getting any night results. They will still use an action. Any kills will be janitored. You are scum and win when you control the vote.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Podima posted:

THE THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER TAKES IT AGAIN

:australia:

im pretty sure ive never been alive for a scum win

now I can retire

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

also stick that was a pretty good plan I was pretty nervous those last hours

Gaspy's ability depended on Asiina not voting him so I claimed early to draw the heat

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
For the record the reason I defended rarity was because it was a stupid BS argument and she told the truth. Kashuno just made a stupid results PM

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I really loved the Paperboy idea, put an interesting twist on the classic 3P survivor. And the Uncharted Waters trade. And the Silver Surfer. :lol:

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

also stick that was a pretty good plan I was pretty nervous those last hours

Gaspy's ability depended on Asiina not voting him so I claimed early to draw the heat

you two work so well together

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In all honesty this game had so much crazy poo poo and interactions, creating semi-balanced roles and setup based on these games was incredibly difficult. I am not really thinking I will ever make roles that interact with other abilities the same night because it extends the night and I have to be around more. I know some people felt their roles were less cool than others or that it was not as crazy intricate, but it took A LOT of work for some of these games to find roles (seriously, a few of these I had to watch speed runs to get mechanic ideas) so I hope nobody was too disappointed.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

oh cool I think I figured it out, but yeah you need to get the images already hosted on SA first, huh? I could only test it out by copying what you've got in your tag:

my breadcrumb was, the date on this is wrong.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

my breadcrumb was, the date on this is wrong.

:chanpop: Now THAT is a breadcrumb. God drat

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

:chanpop: Now THAT is a breadcrumb. God drat

So you've played it, I take it? :buddy: I rented Crystalis so many drat times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u20YnTfa8mQ

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

So you've played it, I take it? :buddy: I rented Crystalis so many drat times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u20YnTfa8mQ

I've played every game on this list at least once. Crystalis is p good, although I don't think I'd go back and play it again honestly. Best game on this list is proooobably Gimmick! honestly.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Kashuno posted:

I've played every game on this list at least once. Crystalis is p good, although I don't think I'd go back and play it again honestly. Best game on this list is proooobably Gimmick! honestly.

You have never played Alfred Chicken

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

You have never played Alfred Chicken

It is a bad game but I have played it

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Good game all, was fun!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Fun game. Slasher, did you try to kill me N1?

I had used my ability on you and someone else and got a PM saying I was dead and then a hurried correction like three minutes later. Lol.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

IllegallySober posted:

Fun game. Slasher, did you try to kill me N1?

I had used my ability on you and someone else and got a PM saying I was dead and then a hurried correction like three minutes later. Lol.

Nah you got pecked so you died the night after.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I then suggested killing you N2 like a dumbass not realising you were dying anyway :v:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
This game was cool and good

I died because i was dumb

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Kashuno posted:

Nah you got pecked so you died the night after.

Gotcha. Nice immediate catch of my breadcrumb, too, Slasher. Guess I need to be more subtle :downs:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It was very very rude being shot before I got a chance to use my thunderdome ability :colbert:

Next time I'll just use it immediately rather than try and gather information with it :argh:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Lemme see dat scum doc

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Did anyone choose the same game and have to choose again?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
nah

e; or maybe idr for sure.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
anyway fam, look forward to SNES CYOC coming soon

Infinitum