Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Holy poo poo and they're the originals and not crappy mobile ports like the older FFs got on PC.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

the games are still in Japanese so most people aren't going to be able to play them even if they import and there's no loving way Square will translate them

My brother already has an imported SFC just so he can play SD3 on console. All you need to do is play the fan translation to death first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

It's really good once it gets rolling. I'd recommend checking a FAQ initially to explain the basic premise and how anything even works because the game is really bad about telling you. But play the rest of it blind because Saga is all about wandering into weird poo poo and dying repeatedly to ordinary monsters.

Final boss is insane bullshit so I never beat it tho

oh i meant is th port worth picking up but it sounds like it is, ty

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Fungah! posted:

oh i meant is th port worth picking up but it sounds like it is, ty

The translation is rear end but I'm guessing the other option is a half finished fan made rom patch from 2002 that wouldn't be any better.

They animated some of the bigger sprites which is neat cause these games have some really great monster designs, and backgrounds are HD now and generally inoffensive.

There's some grinding dungeons added but I don't know if that's of interest to anyone who isn't a bored Japanese salary man with a feature phone and a three hour commute.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
A localization for SD3 is like two decades overdue.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un7QiXsnF_Y&t=47s

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

the games are still in Japanese so most people aren't going to be able to play them even if they import and there's no loving way Square will translate them

Just do it like my weeb friends in the PS2 era where you have a huge binder of dialogue screenshots with the translation under it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Little Garry Parrish posted:

Just do it like my weeb friendsin the PS2 era where you have a huge binder of dialogue screenshots with the translation under it

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Little lol

• Locked thread