Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
A fitting end to a great LP. Rupert Taalson has the biggest balls in the Old World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rupert Taalson for Elector Count of Marienburg/Westerland!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Enjoyed this LP, thanks for sharing with us.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I made it through a whole LP. I can't believe it. Nice work.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
chaos gets clowned by its own ragged hubris AND THAT'S JUST THE WAY I LIKES IT <3

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Man all those guns really tore apart whatever wandered into range.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Great LP, man.
Meanwhile, I love how the tzeentchian dude looks. That's some good poo poo.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Just chiming in to say this was a really great LP.

I got this game because I've enjoyed every TW game I've played thus far (even Rome 2 to an extent), but to my surprise I haven't really felt it with this one. But now this LP has me encouraged to give the game another go, with a different faction as I've found the Dwarfs a bit boring.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Everyone didn't die at the end

0/5

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
A final army holding a hill against all the forces of Darkness is pretty much the best way this LP could have ended, so well done.

EDIT: I feel bad for the dudes who died on that final attack against the Hellcannon. Imagine surviving that whole fight, witnessing the defeat of Archaeon, Sigvald, and a Greater Demon, killing thousands of raving Chaos warriors, only to die to a dickgun because Sigmar says you haven't technically won yet.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 20, 2017

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
This LP got me to buy the game. Thanks for sharing it.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Excellent music selection.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
YouTube is telling me the final video is not available. I'm in Europe. The others all worked fine.

Thanks voor the LP, it was quite impressive.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Nice battle to go out on. Now we just need someone to start one for every other faction.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes
Great LP! Because of this LP I'll be picking this game up next time it's on sale

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

GunnerJ posted:

Excellent music selection.
Eh, I personally feel like Dragonforce is too light and bright and cheerful for Warhams.

It was cool enough though.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Nordick posted:

Eh, I personally feel like Dragonforce is too light and bright and cheerful for Warhams.

It was cool enough though.

Warhammer Fantasy is a pretty light story though. Before the stupid end times plot, it was about about how the civilized world turns back the hordes of darkness with faith and gunpowder.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Which is why the music is so great for this battle.

Doopliss
Nov 3, 2012
Alright, I'm convinced. The Empire is in fact pretty metal.

Thanks a ton for the LP. This game encourages you to push to your economic limit a lot, and watching you bounce back after losing such major battles was inspiring - especially on Legendary.

Doopliss fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 20, 2017

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

wiegieman posted:

Warhammer Fantasy is a pretty light story though. Before the stupid end times plot, it was about about how the civilized world turns back the hordes of darkness with faith and gunpowder.

There's some nice quotes in fiction about it.

"In Sigmar's day, we faced the nine-foot-tall superhuman monstrosities backed by unfathomable hellfire-spewing engines of destruction with sharp sticks and harsh language."
"Today, we have guns."

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

wiegieman posted:

...and by tons upon tons of blood, guts and grit, not by tiptoeing through the tulips which is what Dragonforce evokes for me. :v: I mean like, you wouldn't have Disney make a Warhammer movie.

Anyway, it's not important. LP owned, that last battle owned, Warhams owns.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UYBDymDwxg

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Nice to read/watch something that isn't a curbstomp from start to finish too. Quite a few times you dragged yourself out of really dire situations. Great LP!

PhallicPhalanges posted:

Great LP! Because of this LP I'll be picking this game up next time it's on sale

Just a bit gutted I missed it on the Humble Bundle :negative:

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Martian posted:

YouTube is telling me the final video is not available. I'm in Europe. The others all worked fine.

Thanks voor the LP, it was quite impressive.

probably because Mukip added "Through the Fire and the Flames" and some other metal tracks to the video. Copyright takedown, I'll bet.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Grand Prize Winner posted:

probably because Mukip added "Through the Fire and the Flames" and some other metal tracks to the video. Copyright takedown, I'll bet.

Shoulda went with Sabaton.

Is there a more fitting theme for the Empire than this?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

BenRGamer posted:

Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORNOFGZgi2w

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Can't speak German, so I have no idea what that is.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

BenRGamer posted:

Can't speak German, so I have no idea what that is.

probably a 16th century German mercenary song.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Roobanguy posted:

probably a 16th century German mercenary song.

Unless the Winged Hussars arrived, it's not as good :colbert:

White Coke
May 29, 2015

BenRGamer posted:

A song about Winged Hussar would work better for Kislev, who have actual Winged Hussars.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Watching Rupert Taalson single-handedly ambush Archaeon, then kill Archaeon, and then Sarthariel too, all while on his last legs, was fantastic. Karl Franz, please step aside.

Not to mention the steam tank dueling a chaos giant in the background.

Thanks for the great LP.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Now that we're second guessing Mukip's music choice, I probably would have gone with Bolt Thrower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GxDKWNvpog&t=2398s

FFS they used warhammer art for their album covers

Dmar
Aug 19, 2004
yarg

King Cohort posted:

Watching Rupert Taalson single-handedly ambush Archaeon, then kill Archaeon, and then Sarthariel too, all while on his last legs, was fantastic. Karl Franz, please step aside.

Not to mention the steam tank dueling a chaos giant in the background.

Thanks for the great LP.

The steam tank was insanely metal. Because most of the fight was done without health bars I was always so afraid it was going to be overrun. Plus each time it would ram a crowd and a bunch of chaos warriors would go flying I had a good laugh.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Thanks for your campaign, Karl Franz. This was a great view into someone playing a really information dense game really well, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Thanks for the LP.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Grand Prize Winner posted:

FFS they used warhammer art for their album covers
Not to mention being literally named after a Warhammer siege weapon unit. :v:

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

What an amazing end to an amazing LP. Given the lyrics I think the song was an excellent choice. When the song hit its first crescendo and all the gunners let loose their first volley :discourse:

Hopefully we see more TW LPs. The Von Carstein one is really good so far too

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Yeah I'm loving the TW LPs going on. Soothes the pain of my computer not being able to run it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hell of a LP my dude. And an excellent finish!

• Locked thread