Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Dangerous Person posted:

Probably at the bottom of a bin in a post office somewhere

i got a thing saying it was in transit

in colorado

where it was a week ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Where in CO? I could go, uh, grab it for you...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Mine was stuck one state north of me for about 2 weeks. I was supposed to get it on the 17th, and I only got it Monday. That's what happens when Trump trumps up the UPS.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

IUG posted:

Mine was stuck one state north of me for about 2 weeks. I was supposed to get it on the 17th, and I only got it Monday. That's what happens when Trump trumps up the UPS.

i preordered a deluxe in may bro 😭

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Pre-ordered a Super Deluxe day it was announced. They sent me a standard for free in early December and got to me on the 30th. Still waiting to hear about my Super Deluxe.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

hughesta posted:

Pre-ordered a Super Deluxe day it was announced. They sent me a standard for free in early December and got to me on the 30th. Still waiting to hear about my Super Deluxe.

be sure to post pics of your epic new technology printed signed cover my friend

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
usps says mine will be delivered today, ftw

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

scary ghost dog posted:

usps says mine will be delivered today, ftw

:cry:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
not actually certain this is the almanac. but theres not really anything else it could be so fingers crossed

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

pics pls 🙏

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I got last week and this thing isn't a coffee table book. It's a coffee table. loving gigantic. It's currently on my dining room table because it doesn't fit anywhere else. Good stuff, tho

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Nanigans posted:

I got last week and this thing isn't a coffee table book. It's a coffee table. loving gigantic. It's currently on my dining room table because it doesn't fit anywhere else. Good stuff, tho

that's so cool. what's your door code 😁

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

sliami posted:

that's so cool. what's your door code 😁

Door code?

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

its a joke about robbing you 🙃

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The 20 Years of Gorillaz art section alone is worth it

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

im so salty rn... gently caress trump for messing with the usps fr 😑

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
its pretty huge. katana for scale

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What is actually inside the almanac. Is it like a bigger Rise of the Ogre.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

What is actually inside the almanac. Is it like a bigger Rise of the Ogre.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im pretty sure this was supposed to come with a cd of song machine though so it gets an F from me

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

scary ghost dog posted:

im pretty sure this was supposed to come with a cd of song machine though so it gets an F from me

sorry... i hope that's a fluke but probably not at this point. did you get the signed posters at least ?

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

i literally ordered the gorillaz bk for my school and omg im gonna die when this gets here 🤩

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

sliami posted:

sorry... i hope that's a fluke but probably not at this point. did you get the signed posters at least ?

i didnt get the super deluxe version, just regular deluxe. posters, but not signed

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

i figured u got that ver...i think they were supposed to be "signed" by the band members. awesome either way

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Kool.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

An email came out a few weeks ago saying they didn't want to delay the book longer by waiting for the CDs, so they're coming in another shipment.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

Thanks...

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

it's out for delivery omggg 😳

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

it's here and it's all i dreamed for and more...

i could like scan these, transfer them to printer paper, and then do them on that. Sick

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

sliami posted:

it's here and it's all i dreamed for and more...

i could like scan these, transfer them to printer paper, and then do them on that. Sick

I say scan them, and I mean every single page, collate them sequentially and zip them in a .7z file, and then send it to me personally at my email address, which I will share with you when appropriate.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Is that book still for sale? And is it really as huge as people say? Wondering if it would fit in my bookcase if so.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

deluxe are 10 inches by 15 and sold out. standards are 8.5 by 12 and still available

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Thank you! :)

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://www.musicweek.com/talent/read/gorillaz-mark-20th-anniversary-with-clothing-line-toys-nfts-and-album-reissues/082923

quote:

The band will also be partnering with leading transmedia art and luxury collectables brand Superplastic, for the release of limited-edition vinyl toys and NFT digital art collectibles featuring 2D, Murdoc, Noodle and Russel throughout 2021.

What the gently caress? I’m legitimately disappointed in them

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

aphex twin is doing the same thing

our favorite artists are officially OLD and out of touch, they definitely don't know what the gently caress an NFT is

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Gorillaz doing an NFT is the least surprising thing in the world

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

didnt know about the nft but i bought the superplastic Noodle back in january and just got an email telling me it would enter production in april or may

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The music business’s whole model for some time, even before streaming, has been that because artists make practically nothing from studio music, they basically use it as an advertisement for concert tickets and merchandise (including fancy deluxe editions of albums) where their cut is actually substantial. The pandemic means no concerts and nobody’s leaving the house so no real need to buy more clothes, so most of the major ways artists can make money are shot. It’s like a perfect counter to them.

NFTs are mostly so popular amongst even artists who made an entire album named Plastic Beach mainly because they arrived with perfect timing. Spotify isn’t gonna budge on paying artists jack poo poo, and even before that problem the labels were shafting them enough. And it’s not like you’re going to see any artists admit this because NFTs are sold via auction and you can’t jeopardize such volatile pricing.

It sucks! I’ve blamed so many things on capitalism that even I’m starting to get sick of myself, but... whoomp, there it is.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
superplastic has a new figure and im stupid because i bought it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Nvm found it

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 27, 2021