Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Did they say what format the digital version comes in? I'm spoiled by NIN and Bandcamp giving out FLAC files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

IUG posted:

Did they say what format the digital version comes in? I'm spoiled by NIN and Bandcamp giving out FLAC files.

I just got an e-mail with MP3 files of all the 4 released songs. :smugjones:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Hedrigall posted:

Don't know if it's true but apparently the gig will stream live on Gorillaz.com from 7:30pm gmt.

any more elaboration or confirmation on this?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Well, this pushed me over the edge to buy G-Sides and D-Sides, and I haven't been regretting it at all; might even look into getting the rest of the Plastic Beach singles now, too (already have Doncamatic).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Where is the gig anyway?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Regalingualius posted:

Well, this pushed me over the edge to buy G-Sides and D-Sides, and I haven't been regretting it at all; might even look into getting the rest of the Plastic Beach singles now, too (already have Doncamatic).

There really isn't much outside of Doncamatic, The Fall and Melancholy Hill.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
The live show gig is supposed to be online right now, where is it?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Junior Jr. posted:

Are you sure there's an official source? I didn't see any "live streaming" mentioned.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Junior Jr. posted:

apparently it's coming closer to when the band goes on, which should be around 8.30 GMT.
take this allegedly leaked setlist with a grain of salt as well
code:
https://twitter.com/SiobhanKourtney/status/845352093015789568

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

AAB posted:

apparently it's coming closer to when the band goes on, which should be around 8.30 GMT.
take this allegedly leaked setlist with a grain of salt as well
code:
https://twitter.com/SiobhanKourtney/status/845352093015789568

why is Azekel circled?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gonna go ahead and pre-order this thing.

It took a while for me to warm up to Plastic Beach, so I've no doubt this album will grow on me as well. I'm so glad I got to see them live when they last went through Dallas.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Junior Jr. posted:

why is Azekel circled?

no idea. he could be missing, could be his copy, etc. if you're on hype level a million, someone is gonna do a lovely cell phone stream over the /r/gorillaz discord lmao

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Apparently there are tons of film cameras at the gig and it's going to be recorded for streaming later? Idk. Also apparently people at the show are allowed to film whatever they want on their phones.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Check this thread or something for the unofficial stream:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gorillaz/comments/61bbvf/livestream_confirmed/

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

they live on facebook right now. get it
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Gorillaz/videos

they streamed the intro then Ascension, dropped for Strobelite, then came back live during Saturnz-Barz.

Moments (new De La Soul track) owns

AAB fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 24, 2017

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Saturnz Barz live is SO loving GOOD

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
What the gently caress are they and/or Facebook doing?????

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Hedrigall posted:

What the gently caress are they and/or Facebook doing?????

they did a couple tracks on the facebook page but seems like a big teaser. there's been a compilation of periscope streams, youtube streams, and other things so far.

Let Me Out and Charger are really slick too.

Momentz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMZ0m2H3QIQ

Submission
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgIRAHHGBBI

Andromeda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1UMfNSFYcw

this Periscope link has Let Me Out with "rewind replay"
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1mnxeVOvoorKX

We Got The Power, Break 1, Kids, Feel Good, Clint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02cZzW_Tskc

we got the power is gonna be more like 5 or 6 minutes long based on the live version. It gets jazzier with a big d&b section

AAB fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 25, 2017

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

loving hell that was good. Damon was going crazy, the crowd was loving every song. One song was played twice back to back because he crowd was screaming rewind so loudly. Noel Gallagher turned up.

Set list (I think) was entirety of Humanz, encore, Kid With Guns, Feel Good, Clint, encore, last 3 songs of Demon Days.

Cardboard VR things and commemorative tickets were given out.

So pumped for the album release.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Dugong posted:

loving hell that was good. Damon was going crazy, the crowd was loving every song. One song was played twice back to back because he crowd was screaming rewind so loudly. Noel Gallagher turned up.

Set list (I think) was entirety of Humanz, encore, Kid With Guns, Feel Good, Clint, encore, last 3 songs of Demon Days.

Cardboard VR things and commemorative tickets were given out.

holy poo poo if the album really is that good, it's going to be loving MENTAL in the demon dayz festival! getting really excited now!

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Dugong posted:

Yup. I've been editing my post above with clips from the show. They played Let Me Out twice

AAB fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 25, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AAB posted:

we got the power is gonna be more like 5 or 6 minutes long based on the live version. It gets jazzier with a big d&b section

I hope so, it's way too cool to just be some 2 minute thing

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I hope they make it even shorter.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Emotionally prepping myself for this album by going out and picking up the Plastic Beach vinyl I knew a local place had. I think Beach was the first album where I really hated it on first listen but every year it's gotten better and better.

What's the general opinion on D-Sides, I know critics basically wrote it off but I really liked it? The strongest tracks on the album like Happy Landfill and Hongkongaton are right up there in the top echelon of tracks, and even songs that seem to be alternate versions of other tracks (People, Spitting out the Demons) could have easily made it onto Demon Days. I like it even more than their self-titled, am I crazy?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

net cafe scandal posted:

I just listened to them all and I think theryre all bad.

net cafe scandal posted:

there will never be another Demon Days :negative:

net cafe scandal posted:

My god.. somebody stop these lunatics

net cafe scandal posted:

Yea.. the song writing budget must be quite small as well.

net cafe scandal posted:

Oh man check out this guy's opinions :rolleyes:

I bet you'd be happier if nobody made any music and we all just sat at home in silence twiddling our thumbs

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

What's the general opinion on D-Sides, I know critics basically wrote it off but I really liked it? The strongest tracks on the album like Happy Landfill and Hongkongaton are right up there in the top echelon of tracks, and even songs that seem to be alternate versions of other tracks (People, Spitting out the Demons) could have easily made it onto Demon Days. I like it even more than their self-titled, am I crazy?

I said earlier in the thread that it's probably the second best Gorillaz record after Demon Days. It's super good. I adore Hong Kong.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, I finally went and bought it yesterday, and I've been jamming along to it ever since. Granted, maybe it's just because so much of it is just flatout new material for me.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Gave Ascesion some time in the car with my friends and everyone was jamming to it. I'm super excited.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Forgot to say last night, not all the collaborators made it to the gig. Damon said they should all make it to Demon Dayz though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I can't imagine We Got the Power will be any longer. You can add the whole album on Apple Music (but only listen to those four songs) and the two minute one is the one from the album.

Unless they change the track on the album completely, but that seems unlikely.

Maybe we'll actually get a H-Sides this time with an extended version? Or the longer one is the crazy expensive vinyl exclusive one.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
There's an audio bootleg of the concert that's quite easy to find, look at reddit if youre interested in that sort of thing

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

net cafe scandal posted:

Let's be nice

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Hedrigall posted:

There's an audio bootleg of the concert that's quite easy to find, look at reddit if youre interested in that sort of thing

Video supercut should be up later today or tomorrow as well.

Can anyone confirm if they did an extended "we got the power" or if they played it twice?

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

AAB posted:

Video supercut should be up later today or tomorrow as well.

Can anyone confirm if they did an extended "we got the power" or if they played it twice?

There's no way it's only two minutes long, I'm hoping 3 or 4 minutes maybe.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Got an email from Amazon about the vinyl set I ordered. "Delayed until December, 31 2018".

Hopefully that's just a placeholder...

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
WGTP live was extended to around 5 minutes.

It will still be two minutes on the album .

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Crain posted:

Got an email from Amazon about the vinyl set I ordered. "Delayed until December, 31 2018".

Hopefully that's just a placeholder...

There's like less than 30 vinyl record pressing factories left in the states.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

cheese eats mouse posted:

There's like less than 30 vinyl record pressing factories left in the states.

Yes but at the same time if no-name bands are able to get their vinyls into stores the same day the album comes out, there's no reason one of the biggest bands in the world can't get their vinyl out in the same year as their album's release

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
same thing happened with the deluxe CD I ordered from them. Cancelled and went with the Gorillaz store instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
The youtube videos all get taken down really fast but Busted and Blue is pretty awesome.