Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
this feels like a natural evolution of PB, which felt like a natural evolution of DD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

:eyepop:

Is that Noel Gallagher on guitar? The let me out live video is really good too. I'm glad the live band have been put on the forefront in their live shows since plastic beach. Like the others in this thread are saying, I don't care about the cartoons but the music.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM5N_Z256-Q

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why was this not the album version.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Got my ticket to the Atlanta show. Most money I've ever spent on a ticket. Even Nine Inch Nails wasn't this pricey.

Still pumped though.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Steve2911 posted:

Why was this not the album version.

It makes even less sense when you remember it's the closer for the main album :shrug:

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Dugong posted:

It makes even less sense when you remember it's the closer for the main album :shrug:

:same:

This is certainly not the equivalent to the last track in Demon Days. Hell even Pirate Jet made a better closer track.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I mean, I get the intent is probably to remind people that this isn't the end of the world after much of the rest of the album's gloomy tracks, but I'll agree that it feels more like a midway track than a closer.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

WGTP is a perfect closer and works really well. My only issue with it isn't with the song itself, but that it feels too abrupt coming after Hallelujah Money and could've used some sort of intro or inbetween track to make the tone shift less jarring.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I ordered the deluxe CD which won't arrive til next week but in the interim I got a free Spotify premium trial and downloaded the album to my phone. Only 4 hours until I finish work and get on a bus trip to Sydney, once onboard I can zone out and listen for the first time :)

I'm going to leave the 5 bonus tracks until my cd copy arrives though. Something to look forward to that way. I'm hearing they're amazing.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

yeah the deluxe tracks are some of the best on the album. Hope you dig it man!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Album is now out on streaming services

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I've got the digital deluxe edition but I've yet to get an e-mail saying I can download my album. So when it does finally arrive, I'm gonna have a full listen to every track.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Anyone know if the Amazon deluxe cd version will get autorip?

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's on amazon's streamable app right now. Strobelite has that old school Massive Attack sound.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
So my Deluxe Vinyl with Art Book order on Amazon got canceled on me. For some reason.

I'm sad now.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
Downloaded the deluxe edition from iTunes. Really loving some of these b-sides. Totally digging Out of Body but I never would have guessed it was a Gorillaz song lol

Top 5:
1. She's My Collar
2. Charger
3. Momentz
4. Strobelite
5. Out of Body

vivisecting fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 28, 2017

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

zandert33 posted:

I would love to see an album that Damon, Miho and Del could make today with Dan the Automator producing. It would be great to see an evolution of the first album after 15 years. This isn't an evolution of Gorillaz, this is an completely different species.

Did you leave a pun here for me to pick up? Because the album is called Humanz.

I really love this. It's going to take more than a listen to define everything I'm hearing, but the themes and songwriting feel like a perfect follow-up to Plastic Beach and Demon Days.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Strobelite's pretty great. Hope it gets a single and sweet rear end video.

e: Ok this is all really cool.

stev fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Apr 28, 2017

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I really love this album. Submission into Charger is the highlight for me.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yeah, having listened to the full album, I think it definitely lived up to Gorillaz' high standards.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Please tell me I'm not the only one who got the digital download version, I've been waiting for a good few hours and it still hasn't shown up yet.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

Junior Jr. posted:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who got the digital download version, I've been waiting for a good few hours and it still hasn't shown up yet.

I pre-ordered digital a couple weeks ago... Immediately released 5 of the songs to be playable in my Amazon Music app and the full album showed up automatically at 12:02am. Are you using the app?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Halfway through my first listen. Not loving it, but we'll see.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Damon blew it again.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I like enjoying things and this is one of them.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The album is great! Lots of variety, flows well, never dull.

The only track that didn't stand out immediately was Sex Murder Party.

I cannot wait to hear the bonus tracks when I get my cd copy :3:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Are those remix tracks going to be available as a single download? Right now, it seems like they're $1.29 each (at least on Amazon). Maybe there'll be a H-Sides album...

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Junior Jr. posted:

If you're using gmail, look to see if it got filtered into the promotional header. That's where mine showed up.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I was only able to listen to about a third on my morning commute, but Momentz and Charger are standing out so far. I love this.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
loving hell the album is great. Strobelite is so catchy!!!

Also I can see Momentz being the next single and goddamn huge. Like the next Feel Good Inc for the band.

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 28, 2017

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
album bangs

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Not a Children posted:

If you're using gmail, look to see if it got filtered into the promotional header. That's where mine showed up.

Not using gmail, only e-mail I got where pre-order downloads for the 4 tracks a few weeks ago.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I hope the CDs from Ticketmaster don't take too long to show up :ohdear:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

The Deluxe tracks really change the tone of the album. Having listened too it all the way though now: still love it, but I think a bunch of the tracks should be in a different order.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Crain posted:

The Deluxe tracks really change the tone of the album. Having listened too it all the way though now: still love it, but I think a bunch of the tracks should be in a different order.

Yeah, they do. How would you reorder it?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Yeah, they do. How would you reorder it?

Still thinking about it. But getting to New World and The Apprentice after We Got The Power is a pretty massive shift in tone. I feel like those belong after Elevator Going Up.

I'd also probably just recut Sex Murder Party into it's own interlude or two.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Hedrigall posted:

Also I can see Momentz being the next single and goddamn huge. Like the next Feel Good Inc for the band.

I'm not sure. I like it but the vocals are unrefined as gently caress which would probably stop it from breaking out.

Crain posted:

Still thinking about it. But getting to New World and The Apprentice after We Got The Power is a pretty massive shift in tone. I feel like those belong after Elevator Going Up.

I agree but they're not actually part of the album itself, just the bonus disc. So you could just segment it as its own separate running order

stev fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 28, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Crain posted:

the last time I felt that way was after I heard D-Sides and wondered why on earth stuff like Happy Landfill and Hong Kong were left off. The former would have been a way better opening and the latter would have fit in nicely right before or after the Dennis Hopper schpiel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Finishing up my first listen of this, and is it weird that I think the album has loving amazing production but no real standouts? Like I could see myself listening to it again but not for any one song in particular. There's SO MANY TRACKS on here (the Deluxe edition at least) and not one of them stands head and shoulders above the rest for me.