Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

its spring 2018 and ive decided, humanz is going to have been the best album of the 2010s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

I hope this album is good. Humanz wasn't. The best song was a bonus track (Apprentice)

wrong bitch, humanz is god tier. gently caress off and never return to this thread

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Reinanigans posted:

Heís right. Humanz sucks. I like Saturnz Barz and Ascension though.

lmao you dumbasses couldnt be more wrong. every track is extremely good

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

guy who listened to prereleased rap tracks a thousand times but only listened through the album once: i like the singles but the rest sucks

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Out of Body is the best song in Humanz and itís not even a close contest.

its an extremely close contest between out of body, and every other song on the album

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

actually i dont like let me out that much. its pretty much the only track ill skip because pusha sounds so half assed at the beginning

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Reinanigans posted:

I listened all the way through (bonus tracks too) like ten times but ok?

good work man i was trying to cover for you but now everyone knows you have bad taste

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Reinanigans posted:

Nah, Damon just put out a poo poo album. Itís okay, they canít all be Plastic Beach.

its just as good as plastic beach!!!!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

the fall is like a 2D solo album

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dangerous Person posted:

The only track off of Humanz that doesn't do anything for me is Sex Murder Party. My favorite track was Ticker Tape

ticker tape is such a beautiful song

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

you people are out of your drat minds if you think Humanz is the best gorillaz album

it literally gets better every time i listen to it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

hughesta posted:

Humanz is probably the best album Damon's ever put together as an artist, even if it might not be song-for-song his best work

its close to think tank for me

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Macrame_God posted:

Music video for the new song "Humanity" just dropped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5yFcdPAGv0

lol weird

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

http://gorillaz.wikia.com/wiki/Ace [david lynch voice] what the hell

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

IUG posted:

Clearly the answer is that there's a Gorillaz TV show coming out to Adult Swim soon.

this might even be true

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

I'm still trying to keep my ears as virginal as possible before the album comes out on Friday. It's gonna be a treat to wake up early Friday morning and do the first listen on some streaming app or another, then grab the cd that afternoon.

To date I've only heard the studio versions of Humility, Hollywood and Lake Zurich, and a very early live version of Idaho and a snippet of Tranz live.

Reddit is hyping up Souk Eye as one of the best Gorillaz songs ever so I'm looking forward to that.

Can anyone confirm if there's a new song as good as my personal top 5: El MaŮana, Every Planet We Reach Is Dead, Empire Ants, Andromeda and Hong Kong?

based on your personal top 5, Fireflies might topple something

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lake zurich is a huge waste of time, glitter freeze 2.0

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

really digging the sound quality of the vinyl pressing of this song thats just a somewhat generic synth soundscape for three minutes -the music genius

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

you can really hear the synth, and the synth drums, in full fidelity. you could probably hear the vocals, guitar, chorus, tambourines, etc really well, if there were any, but its just a few layers of the same korg so thats all you get to hear in perfect balance

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

this casio demo track is so perfectly loud when pressed into vinyl and played through my $6000 sound system

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

gently caress off it's good.

it sounds like it was produced from concept to execution in an afternoon, and it probably was. at least glitter freeze had a feature

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

The Now Now just isnít very good in general. Itís an obvious attempt at placating the fanbase after they threw their own poo poo at the wall over Humanz, as if Gorillaz fans werenít the worst possible people you could take musical advice from. Itís not completely unlistenable like The Fall but itís easily the second worst behind it.

ya this is pretty mich it. im mad at the retard fans who didnt like humanz because albarn didnt have enough vocals on it but think this album is perfect

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nanigans posted:

Can I think both albums are bad? They're both bad. Humanz is slightly less bad.

I don't like to be negative, either. I'm usually pretty easy to please, but both albums did very little for me.

neither of them are actually bad so if u think they both are you should avoid ever talking about music to anyone

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nanigans posted:

It's fine. Everyone I work with is an infant compared to me and flails their arms in anger when I tell them I don't know who Cardi B. is, so I've decided to stop talking about music with them anyway.

Can I still talk to YOU about it, Scary Dog? Please? :bigtran:

why are you even in this thread

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

i think humanz is a masterpiece, and demon days is a close second, followed by plastic beach, then the now now, self titled, the fall, and the sides. if i had to assign them numbers they would all be 10s except the sides and the fall which are 9s. but humanz is my favorite. i love it so much

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

Ambulance is the best Gorillaz song by Blur

ah....crazy beat.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

I really don't understand how some people like Humanz so much but I guess it's all subjective.

Demon Days, Gorillaz, Plastic Beach, The Now Now, Humanz and The Fall for me.

its ok, it doesnt make any sense at all that ppeople dont like humanz

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

doncamatic rules

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

gorillaz is probably the only perfect band still producing music. every album is perfect. im going to kill myself if albarn ever produces a truly half assed bad album (the fall is half assed but still good - proving my point)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

glitter freeze and lake zurich are both really boring songs but they work as filler. cloud of unknowing and pirate ship both rule

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

its emotionally powerful musically and lyrically

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

it sounds like a ween album lol. especially sorcererz

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

LordoftheScheisse posted:

Not Gorillaz, per se, but I've literally never heard anyone talk about Monkey - Journey to the West and I loving love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT0tBKB2_PA

Anyone else?

Here are some full tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCIpuHtTSl8

i saw it performed at spoleto charleston and it was insanely cool.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

straight up opera with damon there conducting and big projected hewlett illustrations and backgrounds and stuff.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

The only worthwhile Gorillaz remixes are 19-2000 Soulchild and El Manana Metronomy

dram remix of andromeda is good

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

hughesta posted:

dram remix is not a remix it's an alternate version of the song they made for humanz

also the best gorillaz remix is the DARE DFA remix although the Metronomy one is up there good work

almost forgot about jamie tís turn into monsters remix of kids with guns, that ones good too

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

IUG posted:

They already did Bananaz, so I'm starting to feel like this is a bit too vain to do a second one. (Not to mention Rise of the Ogre.)

yea wheres my loving gorillaz cartoon????

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

To put things into context, I'm 29, my birthday is only about 11 days before the date Noodle's birthday is on(Halloween 1990), it was kinda surreal around the time Phase 4 promotional material started coming out that I realized that Gorillaz occur in Real Time in spite of being cartoon people, and that Noodle was in fact the same age as me

lol i had that same exact experience

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

hughesta posted:

1. Strange Timez (feat. Robert Smith)
2. The Valley of The Pagans (feat. Beck)
3. The Lost Chord (feat. Leee John)
4. Pac-Man (feat. Schoolboy Q)
5. Chalk Tablet Towers (feat. St Vincent)
6. The Pink Phantom (feat. Elton John and 6LACK)
7. Aries (feat. Peter Hook and Georgia)
8. Friday 13th (feat. Octavian)
9. Dead Butterflies (feat. Kano and Rosani Arias)
10. Dťsolť (feat. Fatoumata Diawara) [Extended Version]
11. Momentary Bliss (feat. Slowthai and Slaves)
12. Opium (feat. EARTHGANG)
13. Simplicity (feat. Joan As Police Woman)
14. Severed Head (feat. Goldlink and Unknown Mortal Orchestra)
15. With Love To An Ex (feat Moonchild Sanelly)
16. MLS (feat. JPEGMAFIA and CHAI)
17. How Far? (feat. Tony Allen and Skepta)

Releases October 23rd

yesss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

i ordered the deluxe because im a true fan