Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I've been listening to Gorillaz since the beginning, and Humanz just isn't doing it for me. I find myself looking down at my phone when it's on shuffle and wondering why it's playing bad songs, then seeing the Humanz cover. Brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

I hope by "sequel" that actually means "nothing like Humanz" or at least "way less guest artists." It was cool that Plastic Beach had a really solid cast of half of The Clash plus kept things tight with appearances: two songs with Little Dragon, two with Mos Def, two with Womack. Humanz still feels like a bizarre mixtape of like two dozen goddamn people with no quality control. Some really good songs on there but also a large number I skip over all the time.

I agree

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

humanz is ok at best

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Pararoid posted:

Glitter Freeze, bad? Looks like someone doesn't know where north is from here.

RIP

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Doncamatic is hella good, as is the joker remix of it

also, the fall is good

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I remember when the first album came out and the virtual studio flash website was fuckin sickkkkk

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

I try to re-listen to Humanz every time you say it’s 10/10 and I hate it so much. I don’t hear what you hear... for me it’s She’s my Collar and that’s it

yeah humanz ain't good but I'll still keep trying the new ones because I like the first three so much

and I like the fall too actually

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

1. Demon Days
2. Gorillaz
3. Plastic Beach
4. The Fall
5. The Now Now
6. Humanz

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

speaking of glitter freeze, this live performance of the mixer has a Gorillaz-y vibe thanks to the melodica and is just generally very good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddfiJDogywY

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

why don't yall like the fall?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

oh yeah d-sides and g-sides fuckin own, in I should've placed those above the two new ones as well

the metronomy mix of El Manana is a banger, and g-sides has Faust and 12d3

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Laika come home is also very good, and the reggae version of new genius is better than the original imo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the remix is good too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPmW58Bv7kg

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

D-sides is gold

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I can't listen to the CeeLo green tracks, they make me cringe

Empire ants is my favorite on that album I think

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

ceelo doesnt have any gorillaz tracks you fool

oof I mean Bobby Womack

oof

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

There's literally a song called "Bobby in Phoenix"

yeah and it's the worst

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Nanigans posted:

I think it was more they wanted to immortalize him in Jaime’s style. I love that Elton cartoon.

Yeah I think this is what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

RIP MF DOOM

49 years old god drat