Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

I'm sure I'll get some hate here, but in my opinion The Gorillaz first album is really the only "pure" Gorillaz experience. You had this sort of "super-group" on their first with Damon, Miho and Del with the production from Dan the Automator and plus you had Kid Koala involved, it was a match made in heaven. I enjoyed Demon Days and some of Plastic Beach, but it feels each album drifts further and further away from what made the Gorillaz a good and interesting idea. This latest album is so far gone from what I want a Gorillaz album to be it might as well just be something completely different (maybe I would like it better if it WEREN'T Gorillaz).

I'll fully concede that a part of this problem may just be that my thoughts on what the Gorillaz should be doesn't match what Damon and Jamie's idea of what the Gorillaz are, I'm not sure there's much I can do to change my opinion on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Gumball Gumption posted:

Could you imagine if their albums all sounded like the first one? It's a great album but you can hear its age.

I would love to see an album that Damon, Miho and Del could make today with Dan the Automator producing. It would be great to see an evolution of the first album after 15 years. This isn't an evolution of Gorillaz, this is an completely different species.