Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Minor league baseball has its' own charm, but you should just go to whichever you'd rather do. Although I urge you to support your local squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Who has the worst season, by WAR, in the last 25 years. It's gotta be Adam Dunn 2011, right?

What would a -5 WAR season look like?

Edit: Read your question wrong, the actual answer is Cristian Guzman in '99 with 3.1. '11 Dunn is 4th with 2.9, Jose Guillen in '97 and Dave McCarty in '93 were all tied with 3.1.

Also, nobody has ever achieved a -5.0 WAR according to Fangraphs. The worst ever is is Jim Levey in 1933, he had a -4.0. He slashed 195/237/240 in 567 PA. Only hit 2 dingers during an era where people were killing the ball like it pissed off the Mafia.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...ers=0&sort=22,a

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 24, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

I feel like Tommy Thevenow (who, despite being named Thieve Now, stole just 1 base)'s 1930 season might be worse, just because he had 70 more at bats that could've gone to better players. Also, he did it with a .300 BABIP, while the other guys got pretty unlucky.

OTOH, there are Twins fans reading this going "Yes, Guzman is the worst player ever, thanks for asking".

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Chiefs/Redskins seems worse because Chiefs are probably on the same level as Braves and Redskins is obviously worse than Indians?

Well, for a certain level of imagination. It might not pass the remotely possible clause.

I feel like it's a tossup for re: Indians vs Redskins because the American Indian movement is absolutely a thing, so Redskin's contextually a worse word....on the other hand, gently caress me runnin' is Cleveland's logo ever worse. I know they've technically moved to the C logo, but that sure as poo poo isn't what people think of when they think of the Indians logo.

I wish they'd just officially change the name to the Tribe. Far less offensive since the concept of a tribe isn't exclusive to Native Americans, still invokes the whole "fierce warrior" thing that teams who go the Native American route for a team name are generally going for, and a lot of broadcasters, players, writers and fans call them that anyways.

• Locked thread