Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Grem posted:

What's the popular theory on when someone starts a new gif thread?

Whenever it is you start the thread.

:justpost:

Be the content you want to see on the forums, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Chexoid posted:

Is Randy Johnson exploding that bird with a pitch in 2001 the most unlikely thing that's ever happened in sports? If it's not number one it's gotta be up there right? I mean, a major league pitch is in the air for on average, what, a tenth of a second? Probably less with Randy Johnson. The idea that an unthinking animal could randomly intersect with the ball at that exact moment is mind boggling to me. I can't even remember another time where a bird has even flown close to that area in baseball, let alone right at that exact height. You could play baseball for a million years and never see that happen again.

No the most unlikely thing to happen in sports is Atlanta winning a championship.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I know what being Designated for Assignment is but how does it differ from being "Outrighted"?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Elizabeth Mills posted:

Any truth to the conspiracy theory that MLB juiced the WS balls? Or is the Astros lineup just full of grown-rear end men who can hit the poo poo out of a baseball?

The balls have been juiced since mid 2016, everybody knows it but MLB officially denies it.

It might not even be on purpose, the change happened when the ball manufacturer switched factories or something like that.

• Locked thread