Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rideANDxORdie
Jun 10, 2010

Can't remember if it's been mentioned recently but another little tip for unique grinding is that 1- and 2-skull contracts for destroying a location will overwrite the location's loot and replace it; while 3-skull contracts do not. Only 3-skull contracts will give you a shot at a unique. If you're skilled enough at the metagame, you can avoid taking contracts early that will overwrite loot, since starting locations roll their chance for having a unique at map generation

I may have fudged some of the details here from bad memory but I believe the gist of that is still true post-DLC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

The Lord Bude posted:

Anyone have a good cultist seed they want to share?

New page I would also like this.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

This page lets you search for a seed via all sorts of criteria and weight them all individually, eg it gave me a gladiator seed where all three bros have iron lungs (it's otherwise kind of horrible though)

https://wlirareddit.github.io/bb_ca...eed_search.html

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I'M DISAPPOINTED THAT CORTANA WILL BE A CIRCLE AND NOT THE ACTUAL SEXY WOMAN FROM THE GAME.

Wafflecopper posted:

This page lets you search for a seed via all sorts of criteria and weight them all individually, eg it gave me a gladiator seed where all three bros have iron lungs (it's otherwise kind of horrible though)

https://wlirareddit.github.io/bb_ca...eed_search.html

Itís bugged for cultists though.

Edit:

settled on LHHOGAOEFH for my cultist run. 3/4 starting cultists are very good; there's a big swamp city; and the map is pretty good - Big trade city up north is a port, and 2 out of 3 of the city states are also ports.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Oct 24, 2020

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

College Slice

Whatís notable about swamp cities?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

8 Ball posted:

What’s notable about swamp cities?

Cultists, witchunters and delicious mushrooms spawn there frequently.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I'M DISAPPOINTED THAT CORTANA WILL BE A CIRCLE AND NOT THE ACTUAL SEXY WOMAN FROM THE GAME.

8 Ball posted:

Whatís notable about swamp cities?

Thatís where cultists are available for recruitment. I believe they wonít spawn elsewhere unless youíre playing as cultists yourself in which case there is a small chance of them spawning everywhere.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

The master mod has finally given me the brother I am looking for.

A Master Cripple.

This brother has

50 hp
100 fat ***
45 res **
52 att ***
42 r att
5 mdef ***
5 rdef

Hate for beasts
Brave
Master (5 ini)
And always content with being in reserve.

Is he great for an end game company? No.

But he makes me giggle and I have a soft spot for cripples.

Also I wholeheartedly recommend the Master Mod.

It's like finding a legendary brother and the odds are very, very low. The better background the higher the odds. For example hedge knights are like 1 in 30 while the cripple is 1 in 94, so it isn't overpowered imo.

In my game this is the 4th master I've found and im on day 488.

Email Address
Sep 11, 2004

Don't mess with STAR WARS KID

Unsure how long this event has been in the game (since B&E or WotN?), but I just had a pack of dire wolves terrorizing a town actually be a band of brigands in armor with dire wolf attachments.

It's cool how even 500 hours into the game I'm still experiencing new content.

Have to say though, Expert economy difficulty coupled with the Beast Slayers origin is miserable for making money. I'm at day 70 or so and I still can't keep more than 5k on me at any given time.

Edit:

The Lord Bude posted:

In that specific form it's been around since armour attachments were introduced in Beasts and exploration; but in the vanilla game there used to be 2 armours called direwolf mail and direwolf leather that had the same enemy resolve effect as the attachments and also higher than normal durability for the fatigue cost - they were pretty good and well sought after since if you found a bunch of them you were set up for the midgame. The only way to get them though was to wait for a random event where a tailor created one (if you had direwolf pelts in your inventory) or from the original form of the event you saw; where all the brigands were wearing either the leather or the mail form of the armour. When the expansion came out the event changed to brigands wearing random armours with attachments.

In vanilla you'd get people trying to get the event to happen by saving before they took a 'hunt beasts terrorising the village' and reloading until the contract spawned that particular variation.

Oh wild, I remember the tailor event from vanilla. I guess I had just never proc'd this event in any form.

Email Address fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 24, 2020

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Email Address posted:

Unsure how long this event has been in the game (since B&E or WotN?), but I just had a pack of dire wolves terrorizing a town actually be a band of brigands in armor with dire wolf attachments.

Have to say though, Expert economy difficulty coupled with the Beast Slayers origin is miserable for making money. I'm at day 70 or so and I still can't keep more than 5k on me at any given time.

In that specific form it's been around since armour attachments were introduced in Beasts and exploration; but in the vanilla game there used to be 2 armours called direwolf mail and direwolf leather that had the same enemy resolve effect as the attachments and also higher than normal durability for the fatigue cost - they were pretty good and well sought after since if you found a bunch of them you were set up for the midgame. The only way to get them though was to wait for a random event where a tailor created one (if you had direwolf pelts in your inventory) or from the original form of the event you saw; where all the brigands were wearing either the leather or the mail form of the armour. When the expansion came out the event changed to brigands wearing random armours with attachments.

In vanilla you'd get people trying to get the event to happen by saving before they took a 'hunt beasts terrorising the village' and reloading until the contract spawned that particular variation.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Email Address posted:

Edit:

Oh wild, I remember the tailor event from vanilla. I guess I had just never proc'd this event in any form.

You leaned into selling snake oil via the alchemist? It's got a flat value of 650g I think.

Email Address
Sep 11, 2004

Don't mess with STAR WARS KID

Southpaugh posted:

You leaned into selling snake oil via the alchemist? It's got a flat value of 650g I think.

I'm a couple of crafts away from unlocking him; but that is the plan. Saving all my high-tier ingredients until after I've hired him, which has kind of slowed my roll.

Unrelated: I've run into the weirdest bout of luck where I cannot recruit a single decent potential 2hander, but every other recruit regardless of profession has 3* RATK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Hold onto anything low tier too, saliva and so on are also used. Hunting snakes and hyenas is also very profitable and once you have the front line for it ifrits are low risk if boring.