Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Game owns, go buy it.

I'm kinda toying around with making a Roman style company. Shields and scramasaxs (scramasaxi?) to stand in for gladii, and giving all the front line javelins. Problem is, I have no idea where to get scramasaxi in large quantities. In all my other games I'll see maybe 2 in markets and 1 other from bandits. Only people I ever see carrying the things with any regularity are caravan guards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Do beta saves work in the full release or am I gonna have to bid an early farewell the Forgotten Kings?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Kibbles n Shits posted:

I hope they release an expansion pack someday that adds land ownership and medieval politicking etc. It doesn't need to be literally mount and blade but It would be cool to be able to stake a claim and grow in other ways besides your bank account/renown and your men's gear.

That's almost certainly going to be a thing you'll have to look to mods to cover. Devs have been pretty adamant that land ownership is not going to be a thing.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Ah, I didn't know that, I hadn't really followed on the official forums or devblogs or anything. Are they considering at least adding some modding tools?

I think proper mod tools are on their 'list of things to add if the game sells well enough to let us'. So I'm hoping to does really well so I can get my 40000 slightly different medieval weapons.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Unique weapons and armour can also be found, for extortionate prices, in armourers and weaponsmiths.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Flails are great for taking down the fuckers that love to throw up shieldwall after shieldwall and the morons that decide that they only need a dirty rag wrapped around their head to complement their chainmail.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Liu posted:

whatever you do caravan guards, don't move

moving would be the worst thing you can do

just hang back and chill

and do nothing

Counterpoint: Being ambushed in a forest.

loving move. Move goddamn you! You are literally getting my men and your loving donkey killed because you will not move so that I can shift men to that loving flank! Your loving podunk hick rear end is blocking the only way to get around to that end of the fight that's not running for like 4 loving turns you useless shitfuck! :argh:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Voyager I posted:

Yeah, I definitely disagree with people saying that Spearwall isn't worth it against armored opponents. Even if some Hedge Knight or whatever has enough armor to bounce off a spear forever, you're making them waste turns getting pushed around and greatly reducing their ability to bring their numbers to bear against your own front line. Area denial is great.

Another thing to keep in mind with those heavily armoured guys is that keeping them back with spearwall builds up their fatigue, especially if they pop shieldwall and get hit anyway.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

My orc fighting tip is gonna seem weird as hell but... cleavers. Like Hieronymous said, one of the keys to beating orcs is their morale and the cleaver decapitate seems to do a pretty drat good job of that. I've had a couple good chain decaps of orc young that'll send 80% of the ones left fleeing. I don't know if it's confirmation bias or what, but I swear it works.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Speaking of shields, do people use kite shields? I use heaters since I don't find the extra ranged defense is worth losing the melee defense, since I try to close fairly quickly.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Soup du Journey posted:

Anyone here pick up The Great Whale Road? Came out of EA today, looks kind of similar. Is it worth the cash monies?

I'd also like to know this.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I prefer not being able to see their stats and things before I pick hire someone, feels more real that way. Though I do wish that the super obvious things like fat and tiny, the kind of things you notice in seconds when you meet someone, were shown before you hire.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Well that was loving bullshit. Got a war contract to go ambush some supply caravan. Only the war camp I have to start from is in the middle of the mountains and I have to cross those and 2 loving forests and a swamp while the caravan just has to twiddle along a short bit of road. Just killed any desire I had to play for today, ugh.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Jay Rust posted:

Is there a reason not to feed your boys grain all the time?

You can get an event that boosts morale if you have a variety of food.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Historian has an event that might remove the Dumb trait from a Brother, and ratcatchers and fishermen sometimes make nets.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Reading the TW: Warhammer LPs is really making me want mods for this so I can have a Warhammer mod. Wanna murder orcs in the name of Sigmar :black101:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Name him Gheistbane.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Bit disappointed by no modding and no more content, dlc or otherwise, but after 82 hours of play without having ever 'finished' a game, I'd say I'm more than happy with what we got.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

It's already looking like I'll only be able to get one or two things during the sale, so stop making me add things to my wishlist dammit! :argh:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Clark Nova posted:

The game doesn't actually have horses so we'll probably never know

:vince:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Major Isoor posted:

Throwing weapons? With a background like that, after picturing them as melons I'm sure he'd much rather rush into a melee with them, wielding his trusty spear! :v:
(I'm sorry, I'm not helping I know)

In that case, he'd probably want a pike, to be accurate :v:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Finally got a unique I can make use of!

Also this popped up in a shop at the very start and I was so goddamn mad.

I'm even more mad now that the endgame crisis has kicked off and it's orcs. Really could have used all that armour pen :argh:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Goddamn, I finally did it. Greenskin Invasion got routed. And it only took 117 hours to finally beat a crisis. Granted, a nice chunk of that was before they were in the game, but still.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

For like, the half dozen people that have found this thread and don't own the game, it's on sale over at GoG this week.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

God I hope I have the money for whatever this turns out to beeeee...

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Nordick posted:

That is the weirdest loving hill to die on.

:yeah:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

They aren't necessarily magic items, just things that give a little bonus. Like the direwolf armour or that one anti-orc necklace you can get.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Yeah, you all seem to be forgetting that the devs said that they have 0 plans or desire to co owned building and poo poo. That's not what the game is about and they've always been firm on that.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

You also seem to be forgetting when they said they weren't doing anymore development or content on this game, and are now releasing a dlc.

There's a difference between coming back to a game to do DLC and turning around on a position they have vocally stated many times over is nowhere near their vision of the game.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

My weapon nerd self is salivating.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

It's about the stories you tell and the glory you gain! :black101:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

GoG has a sale on for the day if you don't want it on Steam for some reason.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Hammerstein posted:

(too bad that horses will forever remain a dream, despite already having a working mount system)

Just wanted to address this. There isn't a working mount system, it's actually a super hacky way of making wolfriders work. Basically, the wolfrider is one unit, and when he is killed, the game spawns an entirely new unit at half health, either the wolf or the goblin. I don't know how they coded the game exactly, but I imagine it wouldn't really be that easy make an entire new system so you can put on and take off brothers from a horse.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Well... don't leave me hanging here. I almost never find cultists so I don't ever get to see the might of Davkul :(

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Nordick posted:

Imgur is making GBS threads the bed and I can't upload things, so here's a Steam gallery link

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1498484952

:aaaaa: Holy poo poo that's awesome! I see why you guys are all in on this Davkul thing now!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Wizard Styles posted:

:v:
Had to be the one with that loving name.

Well I mean, you are what you eat.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

vyelkin posted:

I like the idea that the taxidermist who can make you a nice cloak out of some fur and hide you bring him is also the guy who knows how to brew random animal body parts into potent drugs.

Everyone needs a hobby.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Well, all the chatter in this thread and watching the Skeleton King Saga of improving, I picked up my old save to plug a bit of time into it. It's about day 170ish, post Orc Crisis, so it's not really hard, but man it was fun to wade into a little orc contract and just buzzsaw through all the young. Then on the way back I hit up a necromancer lair that turned out to have like 3 geists along. Thankfully, Kalle Geist Bane lived up to his name once again :v:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Nordick posted:

You bastard. I'm approaching 500 hours in this game and I don't think I've ever seen a unique bow. :saddowns:

Also try 7 geists. I'm really, really loving glad I had two guys with Rally instead of just the sergeant. gently caress geists so much.

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

That right there is a certified poo poo kicker.