Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Also important with caravans - never ever take a caravan in the early game if you are doing a brigand run. They shackle you to a slow moving target and then the houses send companies to push your poo poo in, because they inevitably get too close when you really want to be ambushing other people’s caravans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Good Sergeant maybe? Would make an alright second row xbow/billhook where that melee def could help out with rotation if you get flanked.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Annoyingly after picking up quite a nice unique shield the game now refuses to do anything other than crash and complain about my video drivers. Has anyone found a solution to this very annoying issue?

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Yeah have updated, messed with graphics settings and uninstalled/reinstalled. For some reason have it on GoG so dunno if I can verify. Seems to be an issue that cropped up a lot in early access, so no useful solutions online atm

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

If you only take village quests you can sit out the noble war without having to slog through endless footmen spam.

Alternately there’s loads of caravans about during noble war so get raiding.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

That archer might be the one that snipes the Hexe before she charms your bros or starts a morale cascade in goblins or orcs before they get to your line so that a single two handed hit sends them all running. The utility of having something that can reach out and kill (or with the spiked impaler reach out and knock back) from several squares away saves you a lot of time, effort and repositioning. I always find having two or three 80+ archers means not having to worry about flankers, enemy casters or archers. It would be insane to do the goblin City for instance without them.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Tias posted:

How do you reach friendly territory in raider start without being murked by mercenaries or household troops?

Run through woods and mountains so they can’t see you - I went way out into the wilderness and then just fled from everything until I got down into safe territory.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

The new starts have given me some BBEdit enabled ideas - cultist start where your OG cultists are given named davakul weapons but you can’t give equipment to your walking sacrifices other bros, lone wolf with a boost and a fantastic squire (but that’s all you can have), peasant militia but everyone has survivor so you’re essentially a zombie horde, etc

Really good fun and hilarious twists when you can thematically boost stats. Great program for fun runs.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I’m having the avast crash problem - added the directory and exe to the exceptions list but still happening, any further steps I’m missing?

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Woah poo poo I did not know that. It’s been on for a million years at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

You big, stupid idiot.

This is truth