Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Is there any trick to trading beyond purchasing goods where they have the related production buildings and selling them elsewhere? I bought a bunch of wood at a place with like 3 woodcutter camps and sold them halfway across the map to a place with a bowyer but the amount of money I gained didn't feel worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
This game has a pretty good soundtrack. Some of the tracks are reminiscent of the CK2 soundtrack which is also good.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Honky Dong Country posted:

I think even more than just the soundtrack the sound effects themselves are really good. Earlier I killed a dude with a bowshot and the resulting gurgling sound from what I can only assume was getting hit through the throat was pretty godamn intense.

yea the sound design is excellent as well, the weapon hits sound meaty and convincing and go a long way to compensate for the lack of animations. Game's got juice

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
What difficulty? By day 6 my front line dudes are usually all in padded at the minimum with some levels under their belt and maybe a tier 2 weapon or two. Raiders are doable at that point, but still dangerous. But I only play on veteran.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
I hope they release an expansion pack someday that adds land ownership and medieval politicking etc. It doesn't need to be literally mount and blade but It would be cool to be able to stake a claim and grow in other ways besides your bank account/renown and your men's gear.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Flails are baller as gently caress especially in the early game when you'll find random rear end in a top hat enemies with no or minimal head protection. Lash them down like the pathetic worms they are. The fact that they ignore shield defensive bonuses is even sweeter. Just run straight through the enemy shield wall and knock their skulls in. Of course you only get 3-4 swings before your fatigue is capped.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

ShootaBoy posted:

That's almost certainly going to be a thing you'll have to look to mods to cover. Devs have been pretty adamant that land ownership is not going to be a thing.

Ah, I didn't know that, I hadn't really followed on the official forums or devblogs or anything. Are they considering at least adding some modding tools?

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Just encountered a game breaking bug. The menu is bugged out and goes straight to the load game dialog no matter what. Can't save or even exit properly.

The game has decided to punish me for save scumming :v:

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 26, 2017

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Or when you finally find the stats you want but he's a craven dastard.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Oh hey, you're hired! Oh wait, you've got a club foot? You're fired, take your 0 gold compensation package and get outta here.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
I'm a blasphemer too, I hate losing brothers, especially to just bad luck. Like oh, you get to start at the base of the mountain the enemy archers are perched upon, enjoy having death rained upon you while you scramble to escape.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

ShootaBoy posted:

Flails are great for taking down the fuckers that love to throw up shieldwall after shieldwall and the morons that decide that they only need a dirty rag wrapped around their head to complement their chainmail.

Looking at you, skeletons and your infinite fatigue. Instead of using flails though I like to give my archers and pikemen longaxes if I have them, so I can break their shields down asap, but having 4 longaxes on the back rank is a luxury build for the early to mid game.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Back Hack posted:

I like this game, but man am I struggling with it; not with the battles or RPG mechanics, but with maintaining a steady flow of money to keep my mercs going. I'm having the hardest time finding a foot hold without bankrupting my group, especially in the beginning. Anyone got any advice? :smith:

Do one skull contracts only until everyone is wearing better than a sack cloth for armor. Then when you have decent equipment (padded leather or better on the dudes who are getting beat on) start taking some two skull contracts.

Also you shouldn't need to hire more than 8 dudes for the first several days.

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
gently caress goblin ambushers forever poisoning half my front rank before I can even take my first turn. God drat you I just got my greatsword dudes set up, leave them the gently caress alone!