Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Ghorza Rockbiter, the Outsider

Mok'gar! Warm greetings to you! I am Ghorza Rockbiter, daughter of the great orc chieftain, Ramosh Rockbiter, and I am here on a mission of peace!

quote:

Where do you come from?

I come from the Scorched Wastelands all the way up north. Pfeh! Don't give me that look! It's just a name! The wastelands are nowhere near as bad as you Val'dash- humans, make it out to be. My people have lived in that so-called "unlivable land" for over a hundred years now, and it is where we have carved our homes. The weather might be harsh, yes, but we have learned to endure it, and it has made us into stronger warriors! We have conquered the wasteland, tamed it's beasts, and made it into our land!

You should visit those lands sometime! What was that Val'dash saying? What will kill you, will also make you stronger? Ay, I believe that was it! And there is plenty there that will try to kill you, like the Grokash, giant land sharks, but that should not be a problem for you, yes? If we orcs can survive in those lands, then so can you Val'dash! As long as you make sure you do not get swallowed by a sand worm, you will surely be fine!

quote:

Why did you come to Earth Arwintar?

As I have mentioned before, I am here on a mission of peace. Our people have been in conflict for far too long, and we have lost far too much. If we are to grow, then we must forget about our past differences, and learn to work together as one! My people needed someone to represent them, to show the world that orcs and the Val'dash CAN work together, and what better representative than the daughter of an orc chieftain?

I am not naive. I know how difficult my mission is, and I am more than aware of all the bad blood between our people, and of all the discrimination that I will face, but that will not stop me from trying! I believe, with all my heart, that we can find peace, and there will no longer be any needless bloodshed between our people. That is why I have volunteered myself for this mission!

And between you and me? I've always wanted to visit your kingdoms, but I've never had the opportunity to do so until now. I've always heard stories about how incredible your cities are, and so far, it has surpassed even my wildest expectations! You have buildings made of stone that are taller and wider than any that I have ever seen! You have markets that are crowded, yes, but are bustling with so much life and energy! And the food! So many different kinds of wonderful food, and drinks! Your kingdom is truly a magnificent place, filled with all sorts of wonders!

quote:

Why do you want to stay here (for now at least)?

If I am to defeat now, then I will have failed my people. They are depending on me, and I do not intend to let them down. It is a long, and hard road, yes, but we orcs are known for our stubbornness! We do not give up, no matter how dire the situation is, and we will continue fighting, till the bitter end! You can beat us, bruise us, bloody us, take our arms and our legs away, and we will STILL not give up! I have sworn to my people, and my father, that I will not come back, not until I have bought our people together, no matter how long it takes!

quote:

Why do your people want you to come home?

There are those in my clan who believe that my mission is nothing more than a fool's errand. They think that nothing good can ever come out of this, and they have been very vocal about it. One of those people... is my mother.

My mother, Durga Rockbiter, see's the Val'dash as deceitful cowards, and that this is nothing but an elaborate trick to lower our guard, so that they might strike at us when we least expect it. She truly believes that we never live together with the Val'dash, and that they will only betray us in the end, like how they "betray each other for their own selfish gains," or so she claims. Before I left, I... have gotten into many arguments with my mother. She would say that the Val'dash are not to be trusted, and that I am a fool for believing otherwise, and I would argue back, and say the only "fool" around here are those who let their prejudice cloud their judgement!

When I left, my mother and I were barely speaking to each other anymore. While I am sad that we have departed on such... bad terms, I will not let that get in the way of my duty.

quote:

Why do you care about the team?

In my clan, those who fight with you are considered to be your Throm-ka; your blood brothers and sisters. When two warriors come together for a common goal, they form an almost unbreakable bound with each other, and they are able to accomplish more together than they would if they were alone. These people I am with, they are more than just friends, they are my new family, and I value every single one of them. I can always count on any of them to have my back, as I have theirs.

quote:

How did you get inducted into the Order of the Round Table?

Part of the agreement we have made with the Val'dash is that they would let me join your order. There was some disagreement at first over the idea of having an orc be a part of the order, but thanks to one of your knights (Who I will get to in a second), they allowed me in. If I were to show everybody how well orcs and Val'dash can work together, than what better place than the order! But as I said, this would not have been possible if it wasn't for the help of...

quote:

Which one of the Knights (or Squires) took notice of you?

...Lady Hildegard!

The lady is the reason why I am here in the first place. She is one of the few Val'dash who has earned the respect of my clan for being an incredible warrior, and she is also close friends with my father (Which my mother is not very happy about). She has worked together with our clan many times, and has even defended us against other Val'dash! Lady Hildegard, like me, believes that both our people can benefit greatly if we can come together as one, and she sacrificed a lot in order to finally give us this opportunity for a diplomatic relationship with the Val'dash.

When I told the lady that I would be the clan's representative, and how much I wanted to join the order, she was hesitant at first. "Are you sure?" She asked, "This will be a difficult path for you to follow. There will be many people who will be against you, and even want to hurt you. There will be those who reject your help, and those who will refuse to help you. They will yell at you, and call you names. They will insult you, and berate you. Knowing that, are you still sure you want to do this?" With almost no hesitation, I nodded, and said yes, I'm still sure. I'm very aware of the risks, but if it's to bring our people together, than I will endure everything the Val'dash will throw at me. When she heard my response, she smiled, and said, "You have the soul of a knight within you, little one. I can see you becoming a great hero, one day."

There are a lot of people who are counting on me, and I do not intend to let any of them down! I will work hard, harder than I ever have before, and make that peace a reality!

The Outsider posted:

Name: Ghorza Rockbiter
Mask: Outsider
Looks: woman, all-orc, animalistic eyes, no human clothing, your people's uniform

Abilities
You can fly are incredibly athletic, and you're pretty tough. Choose any two of the following:
❑❑ alien orc weaponry
❑❑ stunning beauty or pheromones imposing presence

Labels
Freak: +2
Danger: -1
Savior: +0
Superior: +2
Mundane: +0

Moves
❑❑ Belong in two worlds: You have the resources that come with your station. Whenever you contact your people, roll + Superior. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. On a miss, hold 1, but your people make an uncomfortable demand of you. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to:
- receive a useful piece of alien technology orc artifact that will allow you to use any ability from another playbook once (choose the ability when you spend the hold)
- consult your people’s knowledge to ask the GM a question about the current situation
- clear a condition through the comfort of contact with your home

❑❑ The best of them: When you comfort or support someone by telling them how they exemplify the best parts of humanity, roll + Freak instead of + Mundane.

❑❑ Kirby-craft Daisy, Ghorza's loyal wyvern: You have a vehicle, something from your home. Detail its look, and choose two strengths and two weaknesses. When you are flying your wyvern, you can use it to unleash your powers, directly engage a threat, or defend someone using Superior.
Strengths: Fast & maneuverable, powerful weaponry
Weaknesses: Susceptible to ice magic, easily detectable,

Moment of Truth
You embrace your home and call them for aid. They will answer your call—in force!—arriving exactly when you need them to turn the tide. They fight and serve you for the rest of the battle. Of course, when all is said and done...they’d probably like to take you home with them. You did, after all, just prove yourself worthy.

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, take Influence over them if you show them meaningful affection, physical or emotional. They decide if it’s meaningful.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, they tell you what you should do to fit in more. Take +1 forward to do it, and mark potential if you do.

When our team first came together...
We didn’t trust each other at first, but that changed. How? Why?

Relationships
You’ve been learning about Earth Arwintar by spending time with _____________.
You have a crush on ________________ but you keep it under wraps.

Influence
If you’re cheerful, you’re thrilled to be here. Give everyone Influence over you.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Mar 26, 2017 around 11:57

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

quote:

Ghorza Rockbiter

"Hello Ghorza! Nice to finally meet you in person. I mean, I know just about everything there is to know and most things you don't want anyone else to know, but it's much nicer meeting someone in person." She greets you with her seemingly signature grin. "Met Daisy earlier. She's very beautiful! I mean, looks that way to me. I don't know what passes for beauty for wyverns. She also tried to bite my hand off, but oh well. Still a much nicer person to talk to than most nobles."

Chuckling for a second, she continues talking. "Anyway, I'm actually in a hurry. Granted, I am most of the time, due to how many people want to talk to me, but whatever. I'd love to learn more about orc culture, personally. Sadly, it's unlikely I'll have the time in the near future. But, I'm rambling on - there is something I want to hear from you! What drove you to do all this even at the price of ruining relations with your own mother? Surely, humans can't be THAT interesting."

Inching closer, she whispers into your ears. "They're really not."

"Aka'magash! A blessing on you and yours, Lady Nirian!" Ghorza returns Nirian's grin with one of her own, "It is nice to meet you, too! And did she now? Ha! I wouldn't worry about it. That just means Daisy likes you! Or she was hungry, and she thought you were food," she looks at Nirian with a slight look of concern on her face, "...They did remember to feed her exactly twenty sheep, right?"

"Not interesting?" She says in disbelief, "Not interesting!? Lady Nirian, surely you must be joking! You're people have produced some of the greatest warriors in history! Warriors such as Sir Zander Ravenhall, who protected an entire fishing village from a band of pirates with nothing but a boat oar! Or the great champion, Aina Warhawk, who slew a dracolich with her bare hands! How can you hear of these tales, and not think they are "interesting!?" Ghorza hadn't noticed it until now, but halfway through her speech, she stood up, and started gesturing wildly as she was telling the tales of these warriors. The orc, who is now slightly embarrassed by her behavior, slowly sinks back into her chair. "...Sorry about that. I, uh, don't know what came over me."

"Anyways, you were asking me why I'm doing all this, yes? Well, the truth is," Ghorza leans in closer to Nirian, and whispers quietly to her, so nobody else would hear what she has to say, "My people... are suffering. We are constantly running low on supplies, and we are practically struggling just to get by. We orcs are strong, but I'm afraid even we have our limits. My people need help, but," Ghorza sighs, "They're all too stubborn to ask for it, and some would rather die than ask the Val'dash for aid."

"I am doing this because I do not want my clan to suffer any longer. I want my clan to prosper, and grow, and I really do believe the only way to for our people to become allies, and not enemies. I realize it won't be easy, but I have faith that it will all work out in the end."

"...Or at least, I hope it will."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Yami Fenrir posted:

Ghorza Rockbiter

A while later, Nirian returns after running out of the room like that. Seemingly returned to her usual self, she starts talking about the earlier point of discussion.

"Yes, indeed, I do not find that interesting. There's more to life than bloody battle, you know? You will never be able to garner interest with mere tales of warriors, Ghorza. I'm a pacifist. In case you never heard of that word, it means that I do not not engage in acts of violence, even in self defense." she explains.

She points at the Sentinel's enchanted gear offhandedly. "Compare this weapon and the armor to one of your clan's. Are they not of superior make?" Nirian points out. "Why do you think the weapon is better?"

She waits for your reply before continuing. "It's not because we are the superior race of warriors - indeed, I would say it is the direct opposite. Humans are physically inferior to orcs, but they have not focused themselves on combat and warfare nearly as much as your clans. This fixation has lasted you for a long time, but the human adaptability has surpassed it. Innovation comes in the strangest of ways." she rambles on. "Hmm, how would I explain this the best? Let's see. If you were to take a spear, and improve the spear until it is the strongest and sturdiest spear, would it even matter if a weapon appeared that can beat any spear?"

As if to illustrate her point, she points at a crossbow mounted on the wall. "I think that is what your clan lacks. Your choice to come here was the correct one, Ghorza, but I fear you may simply not be representative of your clan. Indeed, you will end up a paragon, but will you be remembered as such by your people? That is the sad truth about paragons and geniuses both - they will often be recognized as such only in hindsight. Do you think becoming a famous warrior will end up helping you in your goals? Or do you fear that people will misunderstood the very purpose of your presence?" she asks.

"I-" Ghorza is taken aback by Nirian's comment, and isn't sure how to respond to it. She tries to form a response, but the only thing that comes out of her mouth are nothing but jumbled words. She's used to getting into arguments, but she's not used to having her beliefs questioned like this. What would her father do in this situation?

The little orc thinks back, when she would watch her father negotiate with the Val'dash. They would try to anger him, insult him, try to catch him off guard, but he was like stone- unflinching and unmoving. If they ever got to him, he would never show it. That is what Ghorza needs to be right now- like stone.

Ghorza takes a deep breath to calm herself, then she crosses her arms over her chest, sits straight up, and looks at Nirian dead in the eyes, "Yes," she says, her voice much calmer than it was before, "I know what a pacifist is. We call them On'davo; warriors who have chosen to fight with words than fists. Have you heard of the Stonebreaker clan? Their leader, Urag Stonebreaker, is an On'davo, and he and his clan have chosen the path of non-violence, and, though their clan is small, they are the most respected clan among the orcs. His clan has acted as a neutral participant during discussions, and they are responsible for making sure the clans do not go to war against each other."

Turning her attention to Sentinel's equipment now, Ghorza takes a moment to study it, "The weapon and armor are impressive, yes. The sword especially. The blade is light, but it has a lot of power in it, and it is sharp enough to cut through steel. There is no doubt that it is superior to anything we orcs have ever made, but," she turns back to Nirian, and shakes her head, "The power of a weapon does not matter if the wielder does not know how to use it properly."

As Nirian continues, Ghorza attempts to keep her composure, but it's obvious that Nirian's words have gotten to her. "I know," her voice is less calm now, and there is a mix of anger and frustration on her face, "I know I am not representative of most of my clan. I know being a famous warrior isn't enough to bring our people together. I know... I know..." Ghorza stares down at the table, her eyes filled with sadness, "I know... that my people might hate me for my decisions." There is a long pause, before she says, "...There are those who called me a traitor. A Val'dash lover. When they found out about my plans, they... they were angry. If it wasn't for my father intervening, then they would have thrown me out into the wastelands to get eaten by the sand worms," Ghorza's body starts shaking, as her eyes start to well up, "They won't know, they will probably never know, how much I have sacrificed for their sake. They might even brand me as a Thrakk- a betrayer, and my family might suffer for my actions, I know... I know... I will never be thanked for what I've done, but..." she sniffs, and wipes away her tears with her arm, "Someone has to do it," she says, in a determined tone, "It might hurt, knowing that there are those who despise me now, and there's a chance that I might fail, and accomplish nothing, but I still have to try! I deeply care for my people, and if there is even a chance, no matter how slight, that my actions here will help them, then I will bear any pain for their sake."

Ghorza pounds a fist to her chest, and loudly declares, "I swear, by the spirits of my ancestors, that I will see my task all the way through to the end! No matter how hard, or how painful it gets, I will not give up! I will keep fighting for the future of my clan, and for the future of all orcs! I will bring peace between our people, no matter what it takes!"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

My Relationships:

quote:

You’ve been learning about Earth Arwintar by spending time with Gateway.

WIP

quote:

You have a crush on Lady Fury but you keep it under wraps.

WIP

Other Relationships:

Influence

quote:

If you’re cheerful, you’re thrilled to be here. Give everyone Influence over you.

Influence for everybody!

When we first came together...

quote:

We didn’t trust each other at first, but that changed. How? Why?

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Apr 3, 2017 around 00:00

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

I'll put my vote in for Vane Drake!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Ghorza has the most going in with Vane right now, but I think she can work in any team.

• Locked thread