Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Hi here's a half-complete app.
e: After talking /w Yami, I'm gonna re-write this intro so it just doesn't dump the identity reveal IC out-front, so a lot of this will prolly change

Azure Shroud, The Janus

"Hark!" a short, hooded figure dashes into the examination room, announcing themselves with the theatrical flair one might expect from a royal herald or stage actor. "Lords and Ladies! Allow me to introduce myself! I am none other than the Azure Shroud!"

They draw their sword and start swinging it around in a series of flashy swings, spins, and strikes. They don't resemble anything that might be taught in any local practical sword-fighting school. "Witness the talents of the up-and-coming page! An untrained eye might mistake these moves as merely self-taught, but do not be fooled! These moves are descended from the famous sword masters of the East!"

Fortunately, (or perhaps unfortunately) you know enough to tell that this is probably completely untrue. Flashy but uncoordinated moves like Azure's are a hallmark of self-teaching.

"I fight for honor, fame, chivalry, and to..." Azure stops swinging their sword, then gives you a determined, solemn stare. Like someone about to pledge something as valuable as their life. "...escape my mysterious past."

Azure shakes their head suddenly, and apologetically. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I said too much. I shouldn't burden you with my troubles. It would be too much to ask, especially for one with a cursed destiny such as myself." They let out a tiny gasp. "Did I say curse? Oh, now I've done it again. Now I've said too much..."

Azure turns their head to the side and looks down at the ground. They do definitely seem nervous, but something seems off... "I really should not say anything..."

An uncomfortable silence falls upon the room, which only makes Azure even more fidgety. It seems like they actually don't want to talk about that past they hinted so strongly at.

"C-could we- um..." Azure stammers, turning a bit red under their veil. "Could we move on to the practical exam? ...No? W-well then..."

"I guess I have no choice but to tell the truth, then..." Azure looks towards the door. "...Just give me a minute to get changed."

Gwynedd, The Janus

About a minute after Azure leaves, someone else enters. A maid of about the same height, and hair and eye color, but of a meek demeanor. "Hello," her eyes briefly drop to the ground, but then she quickly brings them back up and looks you in the eye. "My name is Gwynedd ferch Gawain, or Gwynedd, daughter of Gawain. But you can call me Gwyn or Gwynedd. My family's not important."

She casts her eyes down at the floor again. "Or you can just call me the Maid, if you prefer. It makes no difference."

Gwyn lets out a quiet sigh. "I'm just a humble peasant and a servant. Azure Shroud is just a character I made up. She's all the things that I'm not. She's confident -- like a character out of a book, and brash, and kind of egotistical. But she sort of knows it, and she's okay with it. Because when you're someone like her that kind of thing works."

"...As long as people don't know the truth."

"In reality I'm just... somebody trying desperately to stay afloat. Trying to balance too many plates. In the mornings I work for Lord Wainwright, as a maid and domestic servant, doing all sorts of tasks, and in the afternoon I'm [TODO: think up more secret identity tasks], and then in the evening and nights I finally get the chance to play the role of the Azure Shroud, honing my combat skills and building my reputation as this talented and mysterious young Page."

"All in all, this lasts from before Sunrise to well past Sunset. Which, if you're paying attention, leaves only a few hours for sleep." Gwyn sighs, then puts on a stoic expression. "It is a good thing that there are so many strong herbal teas available in this city. Otherwise I'd no doubt succumb to exhaustion."

When did you first put on the mask? Why?

"A few months ago, I happened to be taking a walk through the woods. It was supposed to be a simple afternoon of berry-picking..."

(TODO: Origin story probably involving helping out a fairy and getting a supernatural gift)

Why do you keep a secret identity?

"Because, well, nobody has ever told a legend about a peasant. Heroes have emerged from humble origins before, but at the end they always discover they have some sort of secret noble lineage or divine destiny."

"But a Hero that was just honestly born as a commoner? Nobody's interested in that. That's not how the world works. If you're born with some special fate or blood, you'll go far. But common people are simply destined to live common lives."

(TODO: words about how Gwynedd feels about feudalism. Maybe also a need to not draw attention from her noble employer(and/or her family???).)

Who, outside of the team, knows about your dual identity?

(TODO: Gwynedd owes money to a moneylender/merchant at a guild because hero gear is expensive and stuff.)

Who thinks the worst of your masked identity?

Why do you care about the team?

How did you get inducted into the Order of the Round Table?

Which one of the Knights (or Squires) took notice of you?

quote:

Playbook: The Janus

Heroic Name: Azure Shroud (Or, if you want to be dramatic, The Azure Shroud)

Heroic Look: Ambiguous, concealing armor, veiled hood, mysterious expression
Normal Look: Woman, maidservant's clothing, humble expression

Abilities: Your appearance is unchanged by your abilities, and you can keep your powers hidden.
You have heightened physical abilities (strength, agility, toughness), and...
-Supernatural Senses
-Impossible Mobility (Acrobatics)

Starting Labels:
Danger: +1
Freak: -1
Savior: 0
Superior: 0
Mundane: +3

Moves posted:

The Mask:
You wear a mask and hide your real identity. Choose what Label you try to embody while wearing your mask:
Superior
Once per session, you can affirm either your heroic or secret identity to switch your Mundane with your mask’s Label.

When you reveal your secret identity to someone who didn’t know it already, mark potential.

I am what you see:
When you spend time talking to someone about your identity, you can ask them which Label they want to impose on you; their player will tell you honestly.
If you accept what they tell you, take +1 forward and either mark potential or clear a condition.

Mild-Mannered:
When you try to use your civilian identity to deceive, trick, or slip past someone, roll + Mundane.
On a hit they buy your facade.
On a 7-9, choose one:
-you’re still under observation
- you leave something incriminating behind
- you’re forced to make a fool of yourself to sell it

On a miss, one of your civilian obligations rears its ugly head.

Secret Identity:
Your mundane life comes with a series of obligations. Choose a total of three obligations.

Working as a housemaid for a noble family, paying off debts from moneylenders,

Relationships:
_____________________ knew you from your civilian life first.
You refused to tell ___________________ your secret identity when they asked.

Influence:
You look up to your teammates; they seem to have this superhero thing figured out. Give two of them Influence over you.

Takanago fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread