Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

dancingbears posted:

Isn't one of Sofia's nicknames for you "Garbage"?
Ripped directly from the textdump:

quote:

I'm going to live.with you.here, ï¼ ãƒ’ãƒ¼ãƒ.ãƒ¼ï¼ ...Yeah..Are you sad to be.away from your family?..You're my.family now...Oh yeah..You're right!..What about you,.ï¼ ãƒ’ãƒ¼ãƒ.ãƒ¼ï¼ ..Living with me here.....Yes..Same as you, Sofia...I see.....OK, we should decide.what I'll call you...What ï¼.don't youï¼. want?..Same as always...Darling...Sweetie...Woolykins...I see..I ï¼.won'tï¼. do that then...Darling?..You're a bit ï¼.normalï¼...Darling it is then...What...?!..Well, if you want me.to call you that.....What?..ï¼ ãƒ’ãƒ¼ãƒ.ãƒ¼ï¼ ....I mean...Sweetie...What's that?.If that's what you want,.I ï¼.can'tï¼. do that...Then.....You're great, .ï¼ ãƒ’ãƒ¼ãƒ.ãƒ¼ï¼ ...I ï¼.hateï¼. you.¶.
(The symbol vomit is places where the player's name/nickname go, and also marks Sofia's oppositespeak. Removing it is :effort:.)

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Apr 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Why on earth would you ever use a rosary when you can just use Sakuya over local wi-fi and farm items forever -

Oh. It's me, I'm the insane person.

But yeah, I remembered Aquaticus's motives being a lot more benevolent than they were, more of a prove your love so we're not making things worse for everything than a gently caress YOU, YOU DISGUSTING HALF-BREED. gently caress that guy.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Leraika posted:

But yeah, I remembered Aquaticus's motives being a lot more benevolent than they were, more of a prove your love so we're not making things worse for everything than a gently caress YOU, YOU DISGUSTING HALF-BREED. gently caress that guy.
I think the "gently caress YOU, YOU DISGUSTING HALF-BREED" before the fight there was part of the test? His motive stated after the battle seemed to be to restore the harmony between humans and monsters/nonhumans in the village environs to the Sharance Tree would bloom again. He's still an rear end in a top hat dragon who stole a guy's life and memories in order to accomplish that goal, and refuses to give them back also as part of his "test", but I don't think fantasy racism is one of his faults; in fact, it kind of seems like the opposite, although it might just be because "dammit, you mortals and your feuds are RUINING my garden!"

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
If the dragon can alter people's memories, how many times do you think he's tried this until he found a half-monster he didn't murder in the process?

Maybe people like Marian and Pia have just been mindwiped about seven too many times. It would explain a lot.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I figured it was more that Link was a half-breed and should just die alone and unloved like the aberration he is? But then they make it explicitly about human and monster.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Commander Keene posted:

I think the "gently caress YOU, YOU DISGUSTING HALF-BREED" before the fight there was part of the test? His motive stated after the battle seemed to be to restore the harmony between humans and monsters/nonhumans in the village environs to the Sharance Tree would bloom again. He's still an rear end in a top hat dragon who stole a guy's life and memories in order to accomplish that goal, and refuses to give them back also as part of his "test", but I don't think fantasy racism is one of his faults; in fact, it kind of seems like the opposite, although it might just be because "dammit, you mortals and your feuds are RUINING my garden!"

Well, yeah, but that was still a lot of speciesist bullshit I didn't remember from my fight with him.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I married Raven and I wish there was a 'We're both half-monsters you loving nit!'

FluffySquirrel
Oct 26, 2010
Yup, I was in no way prepared for the final dungeon, it took me weeks, maybe even months to finally get to the boss.. then I died to the boss a lot too and ended up having to grind up my gear some more too

I hate Aquaticus with a passion, the guy's just a dick.. who steals someones wife just before the wedding and keeps them prisoner for weeks as a 'test' .. I didn't recall all the creepy speciest poo poo either, like.. you can do the test without any of that.. which really does make you wonder if he thinks it

His logic might as well be "Well, nobody normal could ever love a vile half breed, so clearly them proving their love is the strongest bond between humans and monsters ever!"

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Aquaticus is concerned with the grand picture rather than any individual mortal.

This makes him kind of a dick.

Old Greg
Jun 16, 2008
Haifisch just wanted to give you a ton of credit for being such an entertaining writer. Like.... this game's script is a real good starting base but you've been elevating it and making it a lot funnier! And the last few updates have been amazing.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Playing Cupid

Music: Winter

Welcome to Winter 8. Winter 7 is now Link's wedding anniversary, but I highly doubt I'm going to play that long(and if I do I'll be skipping most of the year by going to bed immediately after waking up). It'll take three weeks for Pia to be pregnant, so I get to kill time until...

The 25th. Jesus christ. Possibly literally.

It'l be much less painful for you than it is for me, because you don't have to see the repetitive mining and fighting that takes up most of my days now.

Along with making intensely difficult recipes like tea.

In a cute touch, Pia now joins Link on the save screen.

And now for postgame-only questing. Specifically, this one chain of quests involving Gaius and Evelyn.

What? Why...?

"You think you were happy as a child? WHAT?"

I know I've felt how I feel now before...or I have a feeling I did.

Someone told me to snoop on Raven's diary after I got married, so I might as well.

A strange man appeared today. He says he doesn't remember anything about his past. That's awfully suspicious...
Suspicious?
These days, I've been thinking about Link a lot. I wonder why?
I spoke with Link today. Talking to him always makes me.happy...
...I shouldn't read any more.

I'm pretty sure this is the exact same diary text that we would have seen pre-marriage, but it's more heartbreaking now or something.

With that out of the way, Gaius.

Yes. So what did you need from me?
Well, ummm...
?
Umm...so...Actually...
I...I like Evelyn...!
I know.
What?!
I can tell just by looking. Like you have trouble speaking when you are around Evelyn.
I see...Actually, that's what I wanted to talk to you about.
What?
I want to tell Evelyn how I feel about her, but...When I'm around her, I get so nervous that I can't really speak. So I thought I'd ask you what I could do about it.
Hmmm, well...How about getting her a present first.
Well, she mistakes those for a gift exchange, and my closet's been getting full with new outfits...
Oh, so you've already tried that. Then how about--

But you're already married.
Oh, that's right.
Wait, that's your only problem with it?!
No, I was just kidding.
Oh. Then how about giving her an engagement ring?

All three options lead to that last point, so...

>ask her on a date?

I've tried that, too...I thought we were on a date, but then I was suddenly a clown. A real one.
Why?!
It seems like I was acting strange from my nervousness so she gave me a clown outfit.
W-Wow, that's harsh...Oh. Then how about giving her an engagement ring?

>an engagement ring?

...converges where all the others led to.

You'll need to do at least that if you want to get your feelings across to Evelyn.
Th-That may be true, but...
Do you want somebody else to take her away without getting your feelings across to her?
Uh...Th-That's......
Alright, I'll do it!
I knew you'd be up for it! And I'll do what I can to help.
Thanks! Well then, would you mind getting some Diamond for me? I just got an idea for a ring design. If I don't start shaping it soon, I'm afraid I'll forget.
Okay. Diamond, is it?
Yeah, thanks for doing this for me.

This is a terrible idea on several levels. I support it wholeheartedly.

Oh. Don't worry. I'll make her the greatest ring!

I conveniently have exactly one diamond in storage. I wasn't even planning ahead for this.

On the way back...

Quit reading RF1 spoilers, Carmen.

And they are so hard to catch. It'll really make you popular with ladies!
Although I can catch them myself, so I'd rather be given something else. Heh heh.

Well, I guess it's time to close for the day. I think I'll get started right away.
I'll wait here for you. I want to see this through to the end.
I see...
Well, I hope you're ready to witness the greatest work I've ever done!
Okay!

I'm finished...
Wow...
At first, you notice the outlandish design, but then you start to see all the details...! The artist worked hard to inject his artistry while still catering to a specific person!
This is definitely a ring made just for Evelyn!!
Link, you seem a little different...

Look, Link has Level 63 Crafting skill. He's allowed to notice these things.

!
I'm sorry. I guess I just got carried way.
Well then, we should get this to Evelyn.
Oh...

What is it?
Well...ummm, I guess when it comes to it, I...
I just can't...I'm scared.

...?
In the same way, people can't stay the same either. It's something you taught me.
You're right...
Thank you, Link. I think I can do it now. This is to thank you.
Well, I'm going to go now.
Okay. Good luck.

...goddammit.

Gaius forgot the ring!
I need to get it to him!

Gaius!

Oh, um...
(Here, Gaius)
Oh yeah! I forgot!
(Keep it together! You can do it!)
Oh....OK then!
I'll be leaving now.
Oh. Why not stay and have some tea?
I'm in a rush today. Bye then.

Shh! Be quiet.
Um...Um...Um....I...I really...Uh...!
I don't dislike....Although I don't like...
Um, me too!
That's not it!

We shouldn't do this...
But you're still listening in.
It's just human nature.

I want you to...
Gaius?
Here...!

Oh no, where could they possibly hide in this huge mansion.

...!

...yes, perfect. Undetectable.

Luckily Gaius is kind of distracted right now.

There she goes...
He didn't see us.
No. (Love is blind, right?)
Um, so where's Evelyn...?
... (And who was the one who said we shouldn't be doing this?)

...It's an engagement ring for me, isn't it?
She gets it?! (No way!)
It's a miracle.
What to do...
Huh?
Evelyn... (Is there someone else?)
I'm stumped. How can I make you clothes from this ring?
Huh?
...I see.
What? What does that mean?
Evelyn thinks that Gaius wants her to make him something from the item he gives her.
So, the engagement ring too?
So he'll get it back. (Along with clothing.)
Well then...
We should prepare to console him.
I'll think about it.

Poor, poor, Gaius.

Incidentally, our reward from Gaius is still back at the blacksmith's. Details!

...Um, Gaius--
Well, I can understand rocks. They're good listeners.
It's no use. His head is swimming.

Link may have been able to defeat a water dragon god, but he's powerless against the forces of anime cluelessness.

On that note, the Dragon Cave has a little blurb I missed the first time around. It's about what you'd expect.

Out of sheer boredom, I might actually use magic. A little.

So your wife keeps pretty much the same schedule post-marriage. This is kind of awkward in Pia's case because it means she leaves at about 8am and doesn't get back home until after 11pm. Although to be fair to her, Link's home equally little. :v:

Also I gave her an accessory because I'm going to drag her dungeoneering with me and don't want her dying instantly.

Well, it's not anything like that...
Oh, and while I'm at it, here are a few presents that would be awesome for SQUIDFEST! Orange! Apple! Grape! And, of course, Squid!
All that?!

Fun fact: Pia still turns into a mermaid when it's snowing. But doesn't turn into a mermaid when there's just snow on the ground. Don't think too hard about how this works.

Newly married and we already have the option to be a huge douchebag, jesus.

Hmm, Oddward Valley!
We have lots of memories there.
Yeah!

Time to keep watching this trainwreck.

Including you.
I am happy to hear you say that.

Actually, I received another order from Gaius...
(It must be about the engagement ring.)
It seems like I could use some extra help with it.
I'd be happy to help.
Thank you. Then could you find out what Gaius likes? Like what type of girls he likes.
What?
I thought he'd be more comfortable sharing that with another man. I hope I can count on.you.
O-Oh, yes. (Evelyn, does she...?)

Fun fact: You can straight-up skip going to Gaius here. You'll see why once I report back to Evelyn, but for immersion's(and dialogue's) sake I'm going to Gaius anyway.

Wrong dwarf, but it's so rare he has anything new to say I might as well.

Really? I guess if you really think so, maybe it's fine the way it is.
I see...

>Silver'd be cool.

I can't really trust your sense of taste either...I guess it's fine the way it is.

Jeez, rude. Fine then.

>How about bald?

Are you stupid?! I'm not shaving my head!
I didn't think so.

Alright, time to talk to the better dwarf.

Because I like cute girls more than pretty ones...I think.
That's it?!
W-well, what about you? Why did you marry Pia?

Hmm, there's no 'a chittering mass of internet voices told me to' option. Problematic.

Well, going by the reasons goons gave for voting for her...

>She's funny.

Although there's only funny people who live here.
Yes, including you, Gaius.

Hey, he's one of the least insane people here! :argh:

>I felt a spark.

That seems unlikely.

Gaius: Unromantic, or just a realist?

>She's cute.

See. That's the same as me.

>She's pretty.

See. It's similar.

Back to Evelyn. The game makes sure you're really sure, presumably because you could bumble into this without having talked to Gaius at all.

Well, I'm ready.

And you can do that because these questions have nothing to do with what you ask him about! Instead you actually have to know his likes and dislikes off the top of your head. Correct answers earn you a heart emote.

Ah, he likes hot food, of course.

Comedy answer:

>Iron

He does gather them a lot.

Actually, he doesn't like anything cold.

Comedy iron answer again:

I'd like to see someone eat iron.

OK, I lied, there's exactly one question where it expects you to have talked to Gaius first.

Does he like younger girls, then?

...goddammit, game.

And joke answer:

>Doesn't care.

Well, does that mean he would be okay with men?

The joke is you'll never get a real gay option because this is a Japanese game.

This one is pure guessing, but the correct answer is 'kind'.

Hee-hee, that seems like Gaius. Very interesting. Now I just need to make the preparations.
Preparations?
Please go on ahead to Gaius. I'll be by soon.
Ah.

Evelyn?!
I'm sorry to keep you waiting.

Hello, Gaius.
W-What?!
Um, Evelyn. You didn't make Gaius an outfit?
Yes.
W-What's going on?
You made an engagement ring for me, didn't you?
Oh, y-yes!
So I've been thinking. How could I use that ring to make an outfit for you.
Huh...?
After thinking hard, I came up with an idea. I should just become your outfit. So, I thought I could put this ring on and walk by your side instead...
Is that a bad idea?

So close, and yet so far.

What?!
Then...Shall we go? Gaius.
Oh, sorry!

Incidentally if you get stuff wrong in the questions before, you get slightly different dialogue. Not significantly("You know, your whole outfit's gotta be coordinated. So. If I wore this ring here, and walked with Gaius, we'd look like a nice pair, right? Then with the ring on, I'd be like Gaius' fashion accessory." instead of the bits about becoming Gaius' outfit, and Evelyn tells Gaius to stop wasting her time instead of politely asking if they should go.), but still different.

Th-Thank you very much.
Gaius...Is this what you wanted?
Oh, well...
Gaius. You're not going, yet?

I-I'm coming!

Well, I guess it is what it is.
So, it's okay?

Well, if he's fine with it...

Sorry, other characters aren't allowed to change from the status quo unless the plot or the player's marriage says so.

Also I'll probably grow these gold turnips just because. There's no huge reason to at this point, but they're there.

With nothing else to do, it's time to do more crafting. Yaaaaaaaay.

The dekash is Pia's default weapon, which you may remember as a hilariously large fish. I'm showing it off here because I'm going to replace it with an actually good weapon. Sorry, Pia. Sorry, whimsy.

The family that murders together stays together.

I finish off our murder date with an actual date. Sadly there seems to be only one set of date dialogue post-marriage, and it's the same for every location. But hey, it's still worth seeing once.

Yeah, you're right. Let's rest here for a bit since it's so nice.
Yay! It reminds me of you proposing to me...when we date like this.
Yeah. I was so nervous.
You really surprised me!
Ha ha.

We didn't (sort-of) slay a dragon god for no reason!

What? Why?
Because I love you.
...Well I really love you, too!
I was really worried, too.
Yes...
We're just, so different and everything, you know? That's why, I thought I should go back to the sea.
What?!
But I really wanted to be with you, Fishy.

We may be in the frozen hellzone, but it's not as ice cold as the second option here.

So then...?
Yes.
So then, it's not a burden?
Of course. I proposed because I love you.
Yeah! Well then, let's be happy forever!
Of course!
Well then, I'll have to come up with some new baths to try!
You really like baths, don't you?
Yup! I take pride in my work.

Reminder that these are, in theory, the possibilities Link's coming up with unprompted.

Hmmm...Maybe a cheese bath...
Really?!

And because I had to:

>Squid

I think I've got some good broth, too...
Meaning...?
That was good.
Are you cooking me?!
Let's go back then!
Not to the sea, right?
No! To our home!

And then Link spent the rest of the night making Formula C. No moral. Not a metaphor. Just something to do. (The bits of the post game that don't involve new dialogue are kind of boring to play and really boring to write about, in case you can't tell from my boundless enthusiasm for it. Maybe I should sickle all my crops except for my token entry for the Winter Harvest Festival and just sleep through most of this? ...nah.)

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I know what the game meant, but my first thought was that Gaius was going to be forced to wear Evelyn's skin. :stonkhat:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Picayune posted:

I know what the game meant, but my first thought was that Gaius was going to be forced to wear Evelyn's skin. :stonkhat:

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Well, that happened might not have been perfect, but it's better than her just giving it back to him.

Picayune posted:

:yikes: Uh, why was that your first thought?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

BlazeEmblem posted:

:yikes: Uh, why was that your first thought?

Because Evelyn and also kind of weird translation?

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
'I should just become your outfit.' really did not parse right in my brain for a fraction of a second!

I've spent too many years reading threads about horrible fetishes on the internet, I guess.

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

I mean, that's definitely where my brain went for about half a second there too.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Hey, sorry to import something from another LP, but I can't PM Haifisch directly.

Haifisch, could you edit your post in the Civ 4 LP thread with the correct savefile when you get time?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Does hooking the town up do anything to the Sharance Tree? Or is it just protagonist emotions that make it bloom?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Chucat posted:

Hey, sorry to import something from another LP, but I can't PM Haifisch directly.

Haifisch, could you edit your post in the Civ 4 LP thread with the correct savefile when you get time?
Oh, an entire one post about another LP. :ohdear:

(Sorry, Civ 4 thread gets buried in my bookmarks basically instantly, will fix asap)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Drifting Along

So updates are going to be slightly slower & shorter until the end, because it turns out it's kind of hard to make a good update when there's jack poo poo going on in the game other than the occassional festival. (Spoilers: I do eventually start speeding through days faster by growing fewer crops and going to bed at like 1pm. You'll thank me in an update or two.)

But Shi...Mom said...I could come home whenever I wanted.
I see.

:3:

I'm pretty sure I've shown this conversation before, but I'm including it to show that the game doesn't really take things out of dialogue rotation when it should.

I'm normally not going to bother showing off these randomized requests, but this one had a pretty notable reward.

Is this even a real choice?

Lemme know if you like it. Actually, check that. Lemme know HOW MUCH you like it!

Why yes, I did just get something worth 42k for free.

As I've said before, I'm not crazy enough to 100% the Sharance Labyrinth, but I'm going to do what I can just to pass the time.

I drag Pia along for shits and giggles. Thankfully, party members get XP even if they've been knocked out.

Along the way, a chest dropped a silly hat that provides more defense than a hairpin. Makes...sense?

The boss of this segment is an old RF1 friend, Greater Demon.

It's no real threat(especially since most of its attacks are easy to dodge), but it takes a while to kill.

The rest of the day is spent crafting, including buffing up Link's new hat.

Tomorrow!

What did you say?
Sometimes harshly.
What?!

Pia. :cripes:

Oh right, Marjorie's birthday. She loves Relax Tea and Relax Tealeaves, and I conveniently have some leaves in storage, so I'll just give her that.

Grandma told me to at least be quiet for her birthday...

...can every day be Marjorie's birthday?

See, she doesn't even remember how old she is. It'll be fine.

You're so kind. I really love these. Thank you.

Grandpa, he was so happy that he cried.
What?!
Heh heh, but don't tell anyone.

You know, the actual flowers blooming got surprisingly little fanfare. You just see it on the top screen for a bit, and people sometimes comment on it afterwards, and that's it. You'd think it'd at least merit an anime cutscene or something.

Back to dungeon hell. For the record, Link's level is in the mid-50s, so he's starting to get outclassed. Although equipment is more important than your level, I haven't exactly been working super-hard to keep on top of that either.

For a change of pace, I bring GudBoy with me. He's marginally more effective than Pia was.

Blue chests are great because they usually have equipment in them, but...

It's not always good equipment. At least it's a good way to see weapons I've skipped over,

Better loot: Heart Drinks.

Well, slightly better. They raise HP by ten. Link has 2108 HP before drinking this. The stat increase medicines don't really matter much until you're able to mass-produce them, but by that point you've basically 100%ed the game already.

More importantly, boss time!

OCTOPIRATE. Returning from RF2, where he's definitely the coolest boss.

He's actually dangerous, between his attacks hitting hard and his shell making it hard to do actual damage to him. In retrospect I should have gone with a not-hammer so it was easier to hit him.

But he actually goes down faster than Greater Demon did. :rip: GudBoy, though. (He'll get better in the morning)

And I'm fortunate enough to get his unique drop. drat that's a lot of Vitality.

I figure I might as well show off my trophy collection since I'm down here so much now. Incidentally, the wedding memento lets you change your nickname or relive the wedding.

The next day, Pia has a pretty good question.

He's actually got a refight at the very bottom of the Labyrinth, in the 9th area. The 8th area recommends you be level 140. The final area scales with your party's level, but recommends you're level 220. There's a reason I'm not committing to finishing all of that.

Pictured: How to easily grind Pharmacy skill. Step one is buying a shitload of whatever ingredients you need to make the highest level potion you can.

Step two is getting insane amounts of skill levels fast.

Which in turn unlocks even higher level potions to grind with.

On a different note, have some shipping statistics. Completing the Labyrinth is possible if you use the Rosary and are committed to keeping top-of-the-line equipment, but completing all the shipping categories is something you'd only do if you were very, very, very bored and very, very, very completionist.

Completion levels for the other shipping categories:
Medicine: 58%
Weapons & Tools: 18% (There's so many of these, it's nuts)
Accessories: 38%
Cooking: 64%
Fish: 45%
Other(includes things like yarn and assorted monster drops): 66%

I'm not even going to bother marking each day transition. We've already gone through 3 days when that would normally take 1-2 updates by themselves.

"Why did you get into growing flowers?": Apparently the most awkward question to ask.

Hmph. I was very drawn to that tree ever since I was a little boy...
The Sharance Tree?
That's when I started growing flowers because I wanted those flowers to bloom. And you've been growing them ever since.
What a wonderful story...

Time for a bad idea.

The generic monsters are tougher, but not a problem overall.

The real problem comes with this fucker, returning from RF1.

He poisons and paralyzes you a lot, and I didn't bring anywhere near enough Para-gones. The good news is I do have the Medi-Poison spell, but beating him is nearly impossible once you can't cure paralysis.

With my equipment it took me roughly three and a half hours just to make him turn red.

I waste the next few hours constantly healing and trying to kill him, which is made difficult by him moving fast and me moving at a snail's pace thanks to paralysis.

And in the end, I end up healing just a little too slow.

Marjorie was nice enough to give me half my RP back, so I spend it making some brain pills for Link. He clearly needs them.

What?

Hey look, the last(and easiest) fishing contest is arriving.

Noel Grass is supposed to grow in 24 days, but this one grew in half that time. Formula C is potent stuff.

Ondorus not-so-subtly tells us the winning strategy for tomorrow's contest: Fish in a bunch of different places.

As in, 'all the different seasonal dungeons' different. The NPCs can basically never beat the player if you do that.

Character quirk you've probably forgotten about : Monica hates fish. :geno:

Sabotage! :argh:

You'd think we'd own our wedding tuxedo, but we have to buy it off Evelyn.

This is definitely appropriate fishing wear.

Oh, sorry...wait, you're starting now?!

Yes, sometimes they're for contests. Then you eat them afterwards.

I suppose this makes us rivals.

Back in the crafting grind, I can finally make my own Proof of Wisdom, along with the Proof of Heroism. The Proof of Heroism is probably most useful in the middle of a fight, but I'm past the point of caring about that.

I also learned how to make Invincroid, which would be extremely useful against, say, Chimeras if I was able to make large quantities of it. But I can't.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I do find it interesting that RF3 seems to have chopped up the old Medicate spell (Cure all Ailments) into multiple status clears. That's definitely way less efficient for a game that seems to be streamlining most of the more archaic prequel mechanics, but I guess it was a little overpowered.

gently caress yeah octopirate

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's tough to think of things to do with player-facing status effects in games where you only have one player character. Universal recovery is too easy, specialized recovery is too fiddly...

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Now's probably a good time to say this isn't dead or finished yet, I'm just having trouble mustering up the :effort: to wrap this up. You can probably expect the last update to be "here's all the leftover festivals and the birth of Link's child, ignore the timeskips in between" because there's just not much else to do.

Although it doesn't help that I'm also busy doing things in the Dwarf Fortress LP right now. :v:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Pia Bomb

Alright, time to catch up to what I was doing...over a month ago? Jesus christ.

It's the final fishing contest, and also the easiest to cheese.

Pia's as unhappy about it as you'd expect.

Everyone's...They're getting the fishies! The fishies!
They're all just guiding them to a better place.
What? Oh, is that right?! That's good to hear.

...Collette, are you feeling okay? You look a little pale.

OK then.

This contest is exactly what it says on the tin.

Just fish in all the different dungeons and you'll win.

Fin.

You're not gonna eat them are you?
Umm...well, Sakuya eats them, too.
That is not Sakuya. It's Evil-Sakuya.
Who?!

So it's fine then. Link's not going to cook the fish, Evil-Link will.

Neither of you even made the top three! Get your poo poo together!

The rest of the day is spent cooking, including making a drink out of hot-hot fruits, heavy spice, and red grass. That definitely sounds like something normal people would want to drink.

The next day, the Noel Grass comes in. Pictured here is the silliest use for it - Healing Potions are both outdated, and can be made by mashing together three medicinal herbs. This way's better for grinding, I guess?

An even better way involves this.

You'll fail a ton, but once you succeed you're basically guaranteed a skill up.

Townsfolk dialogue will be sparse because most of it is either repeats or as riveting as Blaise here.

Let's keep moving along, then.

That's nice. I'm giving her Hot Chocolate, which she loves just as much and only needs chocolate to cook. It's even seasonally appropriate for once!

Why is that?
She's embarrassed for anyone to see how how enthusiastic she gets around sweets.

That ship has completely loving sailed, buddy.

My inventory is so empty now that I'm barely doing anything. It's kind of weird.

I'm just...so happy! Thank you very much for the birthday gift!

Good news, Collette's never getting married because nobody has a life outside of what Link does.

It's been a while since I had a spear that didn't suck. Why not.

And I've gotten to be friends with you.
Yes.

:kimchi:

The rest of the day is spent murdering the same bosses over and over again.

This is the point where I say "gently caress it" and speed the days by going to sleep after talking to Pia and tending to whatever crops remain. I don't even have a good reason to bother with the crops except I need something to do before Pia wakes up. But man does the game go fast when you're going to bed at 7am.

No, no.

So I hope you like conversations with Pia, because that's what half this update is going to be! :toot:

What?!
Some squid!

Yay!

We interrupt The Pia Update to bring you an old man's birthday.

Luckily for him, he's got an easy loved item to make.

Some dumplings.

Have you considered taking a stick from your backyard and making a backscratcher out of it instead?

Little does he know he's only getting a present because it's something different to do.

:3:

I'd ask where the hell you and Monica's parents are, but honestly idgaf. They needed a human town elder as a counterpart to Kuruna, and they had to be connected to you because you're the developer's favorite for some reason. And video game convention means you only need one person to fill in the role of parent. Bam, they get Wells and no one else.

Heavy Spice when we're out!
Heavy Spice?!

You can assume each Pia convo is a new day. Just in case you're really concerned about that for some reason.

Here lies Gold Turnip. It came too late to be useful for anything.

You definitely can't use that.

It's a good thing affection increases ridiculously fast, or else Carmen's birthday being this late might be mildly annoying for people pursuing her.

Yeah.
Let's see...maybe they're eating something tasty without you.
Fish aren't food!

I just so happen to have this sashimi I definitely made myself.

Whatever you do, don't bring me Boiled Pumpkin! Just thinking about it makes me sick. Today's my birthday. Why am I crying? That's weird. See ya!

OK, that was probably one of the better birthday gift reactions I've seen.

What is it?
Ummm, I was just imagining our baby turning out like that.
So both qualities are from me?

No, she's not pregnant yet. Just getting my hopes up.

Well, if we're being honest...

Oh...
Because you're so happy now!
Yeah...you're right. Sorry...

>I love you.

I love you, too! Heh heh.

>You're easy going.

I see! You thought I'd just say yes?
It was a joke...

Mom? You mean Shino, right? W-what did she say?
Well.
I see...
She was looking for her sword.
What for?!

:ohdear:

Christmas isn't a holiday at all in this game. Not even in the typical Japanese "Christmas Eve is a romantic holiday, Christmas Day might as well not exist" way.

But the 26th is Shino's birthday.

Don't tell Pia what we're getting her.

Be careful, she'll eat the poisonous ones too.

Thank you.
What?

>A day for presents.

Oh, are you giving me one?
What?!

>Day to grow older.

Sh-Shino?
I-Is today your...?

Happy birthday Ninja Mom, please don't kill Link.

Oh...
What's the matter?
Oh, but I feel bad about Pia...but it's my birthday. I'm sure she would forgive me.

No, that wasn't what I was...

Now's a good a time as any to mention that if you ignore a character long enough, they'll call you out on it the next time you speak. Since Link's turned into a hermit, that extends to almost everyone now.

Laser-targeted old lady guilt trip. :smith:

Zaid is less compelling.

Somehow the lack of a guilt trip can be even worse.

Best bro.

The only reason I talked to you in the first place was recipe breads. :colbert:

Since I'm out and about, have this very relatable NPC.

And one more outfit, for shits and giggles.

It's as goofy as you'd expect.

Who?

Oh right, the final crop festival. Everyone else has the same dialogue they always do for these things.

Nah, I'm good.

I...I'm pregnant!
What?! Really?!
I see...we're having a child...

You can choose each kid's gender if you want(remember your wife can get pregnant up to three times), but I honestly don't give a poo poo. Once they're born, your kid is basically furniture. So let's let the RNG decide.

Yeah. They'd be strong either way!
Yeah, I hope so...
I wonder what our child will be like.

Shrimp?!

Well she's not exactly going to be able to enter the baby, is she? :colbert:

Random aside: If you're feeling cheeky and want to enter fodder in the festival, you can't. It's considered a good and not a flower or vegetable.

Since I basically gave up on using magic, I decided to at least show what some of these spells look like. Explosion is surprisingly underwhelming.

Big Fire is exactly what it says on the tin.

Joke's on you, I'm submitting a...golden turnip.

Winter...?

Link. They're a winter crop in this game. You've grown several of them. Try to keep up.

(I looked this up out of curiosity, and apparently IRL turnips are a cool-weather crop, although obviously not grown in the actual winter. This LP is educational until the end.)

It's made of gold, that means it's a shoo-in, right?

Or I can get loving robbed! :argh:

A regular turnip goes much better. No, it doesn't really matter at all at this point, but it's the principle of the thing.

Eat it, Sherman.

Large stacks of items tilt alarmingly if you run with them. This has been your filler screenshot of the update.

After this, I dump most of my inventory into the shipping box. Feels weird having nothing pop up in the quick menus.

Semi-fittingly, this update's getting broken up by the New Year. Mostly because it actually provides a lot of dialogue, and feels like a nice book-end for these wackos we've spent...a year and three months with irl? Christ.

So I'll be showing the dialogue for everyone, no matter how boring or interesting, as a last hurrah of sorts. Also note that it's New Year's Eve eve. Things get kind of weird with two holidays back to back.

Is there anything that you have left to do?

Some of this dialogue gets vaguely melancholy knowing I'm going to stop playing ~2 in-game weeks from now.

"I lost my memory, got forced into hard labor on the only farm in town, discovered I could turn into a wrestlesheep, beat up four boss monsters, got a small handful of memories back, ended racism forever, got married to a mermaid, beat up a water dragon god, and won every single crop festival by 100% legitimate means. It really was a lot."

I guess I need to clean the store for the New Year's Eve.
And after that, have some udon! To treat myself.

At least she's not talking about food for the umpteenth time.

Yes. Link will definitely talk to you a lot. For today and tomorrow only.

You know, everyone's being disappointingly not-crazy today.

In all seriousness, I hope you do reflect on the past year.

Do you guys even get business? No NPCs ever go into the paid fishing area, and I sure as poo poo haven't been using it. You don't even sell fish, which would be the logical thing to do.

And it'll be the last update! Forever! :spooky:

I helped by buying from you...maybe twice all game? If that?

The year, it might be ending.

So...you should ask me more questions!

Nah.

I-I'll be careful...

Goddammit Marian.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I cannot describe the joy I feel every time I see a new festival name in this game.

"Catch A Variety Of Fish Contest"

It's like they just gave that part of the writing to a 1950's-esque robot and slowly waited for it to churn them out while working on the rest of the game.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

LordHippoman posted:

I cannot describe the joy I feel every time I see a new festival name in this game.

"Catch A Variety Of Fish Contest"

It's like they just gave that part of the writing to a 1950's-esque robot and slowly waited for it to churn them out while working on the rest of the game.
It probably sounds less awkward in Japanese, and this is the one area where the localization falls flat compared to the older Rune Factory games. Seriously, did the guy who slipped a "Finding Nemo" quote into Pia's dialogue call in sick the day they worked on the contest/festival names?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
The End

Now it's actual New Year's Eve!

It's not a race...

You know, Link hasn't taken a single bath since beating the game. And he's not going to take one in this update or the next. Pia must be so disappointed.

Since we're wrapping things up, I guess I can start giving my final thoughts on these lunatics. And the handful of not-lunatics.

Wells would be 100% forgettable if he wasn't plot-necessary as the only person in town who was still actively racist towards monsters. But are the mayor characters in these games ever memorable? (The God Dragon Mayor of RF4 doesn't count)

As you've probably deduced over this LP, I'm not a fan of Shara. She'd be bland and inoffensive in a vaccuum, but it's so obvious the writers really really wanted you to marry her that I just get annoyed by her instead. Although I'll admit that getting married to someone else and then having the reprise of the opening cutscene immediately start with Shara was kind of hilarious.

What?
A New Year's gift...can I expect one?
Ha ha...maybe if you're good.
Yay.

Adults giving a gift of money to kids on New Year's is a thing in Japan and in some other Asian countries. It's not just Monica being weirdly greedy.

Speaking of Monica...she's the token kid. She's vaguely cute and is mostly memorable because of the (honestly pretty short-lived) biting gimmick. Not much else to say about her.

With yelling at Karina.
Th-that must have been tough...

Hazel's alright, I guess. I like her character more when she's not busy complaining about Karina. Too bad she spends 90% of her time complaining about Karina.

I worked too much. (I tried too hard...)
What?!

And got so far, and in the end it didn't even matter.

>Any resolutions?

Not to work too much. (Less than last year.)
Seems difficult...

I'm honestly not sure what the appeal of Karina is supposed to be. She's unrepentently lazy as gently caress, her story arc doesn't resonate with me at all, and she has terrible taste in fashion since she likes Evelyn's horror outfits. If you're just looking for someone who's relatively not crazy, there's better choices than her.

She did get more than zero votes in the marriage poll, so she obviously appeals to some people, just not me.

Hey look, it's the best non-marriage-candidate character in the game. He even gets a shoutout in RF4 when Raven(she shows up there as a traveling merchant) mentions he's like a dad.

I see...

I like Raven. Sure, her plot twist could be seen coming a mile away, but it was nice to see the writers do a bit more with the game's themes than what the plot mandated.

I've also been poking around people's houses one last time, and found something I missed.

I'm not a fan, you want any?

This would have been nice several seasons ago.

Everyone growing up all around you.

Marjorie is a cool old lady. Too bad she lets Marian run wild and terrorize the town.

I'm looking forward to seeing you jump into the lake in celebration!
I won't!

>I'll be tired.

That's too bad...then how about some tea?
Th-thank you.
Oh wait! That was sleeping medicine.
?!

I've made my thoughts on Marian abundantly clear. That said, I respect that every video game needs an antagonist, and she fills her role expertly.

I hope we can continue to do a lot for each other next year.
Yes!

Kuruna's cool. Unfortunately her character gets a bit boring after racism is ended forever, but she's still a solid villager. It's a shame they bothered coming up with a name for the flame spirit on her shoulder and never did much with it other than one or two throwaway lines, though.

Do you like characters that revolve entirely around food and abusive friendships? Then Collette is the bachelorette for you! But seriously, I have no idea why she'd be friends with Marian at all. Or why anyone would be friends with Marian.

Blaise would be right at home in most Harvest Moon games and in the first two Rune Factories. That means he's an incredibly boring and forgettable character here, and basically exists as a recipe bread dispenser. They don't even let you buy a random selection of cooked dishes from him, which seems like a big oversight.

Rusk would also be boring if not for his vegetable-hating gimmick, a gimmick so powerful it forces Link to try to trick Rusk into eating his goddamned vegetables. I respect it.

To escape reality...

Pia's hilarious, and the thread thought so enough to make me marry her. Unfortunately the things that make her hilarious are also things that make me not want to marry her, since I can't quite parse her as a romantic interest in any way, shape, or form. But it's okay, because I never would have gotten to see her hilarious post-marriage dialogue otherwise.

It reminds me of my finances...
Oh...!
Too late?

Sakuya's one of those characters I forget exists after not playing for too long. She's not bad, but she doesn't really stand out at all. The most interesting thing about her is her monster hatred, but that gets handwaved away with a 'oh, I Just hate monsters that get in the way of business!'. She also has the dreaded Can't Cook And It's Hilarious Because She's A Girl character gimmick, which is one of my least favorite things in Japanese media.

Well, we could end with a stand-up routine.
All done!
See, I'm already standing up.
What? Oh! I see!

You can't marry Shino, resident ninja mom, and that's a crime.

Because I get New Year's presents!
Oh, Monica.

Carmen exists, and is creepily close to her brother. That's my entire opinion of her.

Carlos has a bit more of a personality, but is still pretty forgettable. It doesn't help that neither of the fishing siblings really interacts with the other townsfolk.

That's the spirit!
No, it's not.
No, I think Karina's fine the way she is!
I can't figure out WHAT anyone's resolution actually is...

Good luck with that!

Sofia is a terrible character who's dreadfully boring to interact with. I honestly forgot how hilarious she is later on when I first started this LP.

I like Daria a lot, and she was actually my marriage choice when I first played RF3. She's insane, but it's such a cheery and mostly-benign insane.

Thanks, you too.

Zaid: Boring 99% of the time, so aggressively dumb the other 1% that even Link calls him on it. I'm not sure if I love it or hate it.

Ondorus, of course he wouldn't.
Then what about you, Zaid?
Of course not!
You might want to think about it...

Ondorus is cool, but also suffers from having very little daily dialogue variety. Yes, this game has spoiled me that much on it.

With everyone out of the way(except Sherman & Evelyn, who I apparently forgot I hadn't talked to), there's nothing left to do but wait until midnight.

Look at these spells I can technically say I've used now!

When midnight hits, something...special happens.

You don't get to see any fireworks, but boy can you hear them. And they're terrible. For the fully authentic experience, keep that playing until Link goes to bed.

More importantly, now everyone has something new to say.

It's not always riveting.

This town has the Sharance Tree. I'm sure it'll be a good year.

We did save her from a god dragon this year, that sure merits a thank you in my books.

Happy New Year. Please humor my family again this year.

God bless Evelyn for letting me dress Link in increasingly-goofy outfits.

Final ranking of De Sainte-Coquilles across all four Rune Factory games: Porcoline>Jasper>Sherman>Herman. Jasper bumped up a rank for wanting to eat a tank, Herman at the bottom for not having any insanity whatsoever and also for not having a hat. Sherman's so low because he has shamefully small dialogue variety in the game notable for having most characters have something completely new to say every day for several seasons. I really have been spoiled on that.

A year where I never have to talk to you is a pretty good one, I have to admit.

Yes...

>Thank you.

I'm sorry...

Incidentally everyone starts heading back home after midnight hits. I had to savescum a bit to make sure I talked to everyone before they started going to sleep.

I know it's an artifact of this being a game and all, but it's kind of weird that we go directly from snow to flowers at the stroke of midnight. I blame whatever magic keeps each dungeon the same season year-round.

Look! Grandpa got me a New Year's gift!
Oh. Looks like you got a lot.
Heh heh. Jealous?

I...kind of forgot this Wooly was here as part of Shara's questline.

Well, I hope she enjoys her new housemate.

I can't talk to Carmen and Carlos at all because their store's locked and they were inside before midnight hit. :rip:

Moving on.

I don't think you understand what "literally" means...

On New Year's Day, most of the older characters will give you money. If you've been doing anything then money should be trivial by now, but here's what you get:

Sherman : 50,000
Shino : 15,000
Marjorie : 10,000
Wells: 10,000
Blaise: 5,000
Hazel: 5,000
Ondorus: 5,000

Ha ha...

I definitely needed the help. :rolleye:

Well, you were...
Something like that? (Just kidding.)
What?!
How distasteful...
What?!

...thanks, Sherman.

:stonk:

I think I'll pass on that gift...

It smells like baths!
Perfect for washing money!
Huh? Why would you need to do that...?

No, not "pom-poms"...
Are these jokes supposed to be...funny?
Uh, yeah! Real knee-slappers!

...I don't think that's how prayers work, Evelyn.

:magical:

Be thankful you didn't have to see this screenshot 30 times in these past two updates.

Back to being a hibernating hermit while we wait for the baby.

Pregnant women are supposed to eat raw fish, right? :downs:

You know, the taste is so important!
You haven't changed one bit...

Sakuya said that it's important to practice stand-up.
Oh, that's why.
Yes. She said we should get you to join our group.
What's the deal?

Don't you mean Mom?
Oh, that's right! Shino is Mom!
Heh heh. Family is great!

>Brothers.

What?! You were my brother?! Oh!
But, we got married! Wh-what should I do?!
Um, I didn't think you were going to believe me...

Link is the worst husband.

I feel like I never have to return to the sea again.
After meeting you, I feel like I can be myself.
So, thank you!
Well, thank you too.

OK I take that back. :kimchi:

Finally, on Spring 9...

W-what?! What is it?! Wait...really?! Oh no, we need Marjorie to come see you!

Whoa...! Pia, it's born!

No poo poo, Link.

What a great smile. Looks just like you, Pia.
Oh hey, Fishy!
Hm?
We made a kid.
Huh...?! You didn't want a kid?
No, no. You said it before, Fishy. That people can't make someone.

This is the most confusing post-birth conversation. Did we even say that at any point? Because I sure don't remember it.

Oh...
But this is our child.
Yes.
Say hi to Daddy!
Hello there! Um...

As usual, the default name for our kid sucks. But I'm sticking with it because :effort:.

At least Lala will be very well-bathed.

Lala, who are you going to meet in the future? How will you change?

An entire year passes after your kid is born, with a new season happening in each of these bits. It doesn't affect your crops or friendship decay or anything, not that you're likely to care at this point.

I'd complain about how lazy the newborn's non-sprite is, but you only see it for about a minute, so...

(Thank you...)
What?
No, it's nothing.

And then the game proceeds as normal. Your kid will hang around your house all the time. And that's all they do.

You can talk to them, but they only have a few lines they cycle through. Apparently each gender of kid has a few random personalities they can have, which effects what set of lines they get.

Here's both of their full sprites, just because. They very conveniently only take after Link.

Oh, okay! Happy birthday, Lala!

The game does track your kid's birthday, but it doesn't do much. You can't even give gifts to them.

Pia never changes.

She's also, uh, a bit late on the town news. Especially for the tree she's living in.

And...that's it. The end.

I really enjoyed LPing this and getting to expose you, the reader, to this den of insanity. It's a shame the Rune Factory series seems to be dead now, because RF3 and RF4 are both great games that are the peak of the HM-alike formula as far as I'm concerned. The dialogue variety is great, the character events keep you feeling involved(although RF3's quest system is way better than the weird random event system of RF4), and the combat's pretty engaging even though I didn't show it off too much in this LP. My only complaint is that the game doesn't really have enough content to justify playing even one entire in-game year, although after seeing the...interesting...pacing of RF1 & 2, maybe the game going by too fast is a blessing in itself.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see some of you in my next LP.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Thanks for the LP, Haifisch! This was a trip, and definitely not something I would otherwise have encountered.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Thanks for playing this Haifisch. It was interesting seeing how the devs were changing and developing the series all the way up to RF4, yet at the same time not changing much (did they ever make new monsters? Excluding the bosses). A franchise of fine-tuning.
The characters lean too hard on the wacky and obnoxious for me, but they're certainly more like actual characters than in the first two games.
I did want to play this game some time back, but I tried emulating it and it was unable to save for some bizarre reason, so I settled on saving up for RF4 and here we are.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Many years ago I thought about LPing this game and thanks to this thread I now know that I'd have dropped it almost immediately, so thanks for that. :v:
Also thanks for showing the New Year event, I have never been even close to that date before finishing the game.

I think Rune Factory 3 is the pinnacle of the series, RF4 is better in many ways but the way the quests work in that game is so bad that it's enough to drop it to second place. I love them both though, I can't believe we'll never get a "real" RF5.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Yeah, RF3's my favorite, too, but both are super good.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Good stuff, Haifisch, thanks for the LP! :golfclap:

What are you planning on next?

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Woooooo fishchild!

Thanks for the LP - those RF games, they sure are somethin'. :allears:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

1/2 human.
1/4 fish.
1/4 sheep.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

megane posted:

1/2 human.
1/4 fish.
1/4 sheep.

... stewchild?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

theshim posted:

Good stuff, Haifisch, thanks for the LP! :golfclap:

What are you planning on next?
Nothing very complicated or text-heavy. I definitely learned my lesson after doing three text-heavy LPs!!

Picayune posted:

... stewchild?
Casserole child. Bake at 400f for 60 minutes or until top is golden brown. Garnish with remaining colored grass and cheese. Requires cooking skill 100.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Haifisch posted:

Whoa...! Pia, it's born!

Imagine going through pretty much the most painful process your average human will ever have to endure, childbirth, and then your husband just loving struts in the door and goes "oh wow hey did you notice???" That's some pinnacle Rune Factory Protagonist behavior.

Haifisch posted:

Final ranking of De Sainte-Coquilles across all four Rune Factory games: Porcoline>Jasper>Sherman>Herman.

I was going to make some joke about this but I can honestly probably agree, although I haven't had much personal Porcoline exposure.

Thanks for the LP, Haifisch, it was well done and showed off just how much stuff they tried in this game, and how a lot of it honestly worked out pretty well. I'm of the same mind as ThornBrain with the characters, a lot of them are a little too goofy, but sometimes that swings in a pleasant way (Daria) and other times you get Marian.

Congratulations :toot:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Haifisch posted:

Nothing very complicated or text-heavy. I definitely learned my lesson after doing three text-heavy LPs!!
awwwwwwwwwwwwww shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit :peanut:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I picked up Rune Factory 4 on a whim a few years ago but lost interest in the gameplay fairly quickly. So, thanks for playing this; I do enjoy the series and its odd little towns, and I would never have seen this otherwise!

• Locked thread