Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Fuckin' Logo can't even get the tablescraps of Untucked anymore. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The new VH1 straight woman audience really needs a long primer on the mechanics of tucking.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Jaymes should have won that. Did a great job of getting in front of Kimora and resigning her stage moves to the back row. Solid tactics. Plus Kimora did finger-guns on "bang bang, on the door baby", I'd have sent her home for that.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

quote:

In a lawsuit, Adore says he earned $2.5 million over the past 3 years -- mostly off 2 hit singles and hundreds of concerts -- but only walked away with $300k. He believes his managers at Producer Entertainment Group conspired with his record label, and others, to embezzle his hard earned dough.

Adore says he's found multiple examples of PEG nickel-and-diming him, often taking as much as 70% of his appearance fees and other revenue streams. According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, the management team threatened to "destroy his career" if Adore continued questioning his finances.

There is a hell of a lot of money in post RPDR. I mean, if you can keep it.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Shneak posted:

Is there anybody that doesn't like Valentina? You'd have to be a stone cold bitch to dislike her. She's precious.
I don't like anyone that prays for things like winning contests and cash prizes.

I hope CLF dusts her in the perennial game of last latin queen left standing.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Stroop There It Is posted:

Jesus, well the cracked rib explains that. I couldn't believe he just completely gave up like that. Like, Trinity would have won that no matter what, but he really must have been unable to move properly.

But it was lovely even for a stand in place lipsync. Plus charlie can walk a runway so she could have had far more energy than the sudden "cracked rib" paralysis. I don't buy any of it. Charlie planned this and never intended to compete to the bitter end in order to save face and preserve some oddball notion of dignity by never even trying to lipsync.

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at Apr 15, 2017 around 20:54

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Also, this HAS to be the most one sided lip sync in drag race herstory, right? The only one i can think of off the dome is Princess x Dida Ritz, but that was nowhere near this whole mess.

That one and Kenya vs Latrice were the only other obvious, "oh poo poo, you have no chance" within the first few seconds lip sync.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

So the very last shot of the episode with Bonina scuttling off the runway means that we get a heck of a lot more put-upon bad mood Nina next episode?

Damnit Atlanta, stop sabotaging her edit! I thought she was going to win but I don't see how an arc of "I fought hard to come through this a little less pouty and petulant" takes the crown.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

vaginadeathgrip posted:

Excuse me I have something to say! I tell you guys how ugly your poo poo is all the time, it's your fault I look like this! How dare you all!

That was crazy. I still don't get what her aim was with that.

Also, re-read that line for my reaction to Eureka's houndstooth viking helmet with eyeholes.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Pinwiz11 posted:

Definitely one of the better Snatch Games.
I found it painful. When a bone dry Marlena Dietrich is your second best act, you know it was a troubled panel. Peppermint and CLF should have had blankets thrown over them like sleeping parakeets after the first round.

Past contestants and Youtubers should be off limits. I'm willing to bet that Valentina's edit was super kind because I don't know what she could have done after those two lines.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I feel like a moron because I don't get why duplicate runway theme looks are any sort of problem. They aren't making these outfits in the workroom, there is a finite amount of wardrobe they can bring for a dozen pre-announced challenge categories and contestants coordinating prior to the show would be against the rules.

If anything its better because you can see different interpretations of the same look and judge the merit of execution.

"Oh my god you were asked to pick a number between one and thirty 4 months ago and two out of twelve people here chose the same number!"

How is this a problem?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

But when you bring a massive golden headpeice from the superbowl look, is it a smart bet as a contestant for a 100k prize to discard that and desperately scrape something together from a fabric wall should someone bring one as well?

You'd do far better wearing your polished, prepared look that you've rehearsed and worked the kinks out of rather than roll the dice on wit and hot glue.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Lipumira posted:

Totally agreed.. in that case you make it work. But the kimono fiasco? I mean, that was a COMPLETE lack of creativity.

Forgive me thread for not giving up on this, but...

I don't get how the four kimonos are a different situation in terms of the competitive choices. As 1 of the 4 kimono's you'd be loving up tactically to drop everything and turn to the fabric wall to create a whole new look within a very narrow category, from scratch, with a hard reality-show time limit, and then thinkup and paint new makeup to match, on a show where you are not at all given extra points for tacking a higher degree of difficulty than a contestant that just zipped into their pre-planned idea. The judging panel only cares about execution, perfecting your own makeup and detail on your original Madonna kimono is the least risky and smartest move by far. The competition format does not reward spontaneous creativity if its not also executed to high standards.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Its missing a self-affirmation around motorboating Visage, but its pretty close.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Its really not if you are like me, an old person that still finds AOL-noise derived jokes funny.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

It was nice not having Flaw-ja around.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Troposphere posted:

god trinity sipping her drink when shea was going IN on nina in untucked gave me life
Ho0oooly poo poo it is great. Shea clearly sick of dealing with touched-brain rambling Nina for 8 weeks and just unloading on her oddball paranoid rear end.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Sarge killed it. I hope Sarge can pickup some of those lucrative four figure bookings.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Tired Moritz posted:

I kinda wished Nina stayed because I want to see her kill someone
It would just be herself and rather than twitch or let out a death rattle she'd have her eyes fixed on Shea and her last words would be "I just want to say, umm, that some people here umm, they umm, have it out for me and have always hated me."

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Not that I'm not glad she is gone but Nina is kind of great because she managed to defeat Ru's well worn, Trinity K Bonet-perfected "honey, its you" playbook that she has been lazily running on one queen every season.

Nina came in a miserable lump, stayed that way through the show and left a miserable lump. That is an achievement in itself.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Kesha was fantastic because she got Wintergreen extra screen time.

True, her drag judging was at a John Salley level but who cares, good things happened in that episode and I'm going to credit the Kesh with part of that.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

alf_pogs posted:

okay Raja and Raven's Fashion Photo RuView is easily my favourite post-drag race youtube series and 'toot or boot' has entered my everyday language
Every post drag race youtube pales in comparison to the madness that was RAWk Your Body with Santino.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvosW6ITTbU

It genuinely pains me that we only got one episode to bask in the glory of Santino, dyed yellow the effect of mass consumption of turmeric, spouting off nutcase medi-paranoia to the legendary children.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I guess I can sort of visualize the episodes that never made it to production through the magic of his twitter:

https://twitter.com/SANTINORICE/sta...923116252463104
https://twitter.com/SANTINORICE/sta...231974231506944
https://twitter.com/SANTINORICE/sta...282379738296321

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

The only thing better than the second wig reveal was watching the life drain from Alexis' performance as Peppermint went into overdrive. By the end, she was just vaguely gesturing and trying not to give in to the urge to storm off.

This was really great to watch. Her final moves had that tuckered-out wedding reception quality.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't have tv, what happened?

Valentina was basically revealed to be Tejano Satan.
Nina Bonina Brown continued to do uncomfortably verge on schizophrenia through yet more evasive delusions
Farah Moan was the saddest of puppydogs
Cucu was invisible.
Charlie Hides gave roughly a trillion excuses for that lip sync.
Alexis continued to hold the argument she wanted to have, not the one that was presented to her.
Aja tried to kill Tejano Satan

It was a very good reunion.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I support the diagnosis of sociopath. Seeing the cruelty of her fans but rather than address it directly, choosing to wall it off from her mind lest it disrupt her new existence as Selena with a penis was telling.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

So like Marching Season in Northern Ireland but with emoji?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I take comfort in knowing she berated the other contestants for not warning her that would happen.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

A happy drag superbowl to you all.

I don't care who wins I just hope there is a dreadful Charlie Hides 'redemption' lip sync and that Alexis Michelle continues to lower her stock in the booking market through her magically terrible way of interacting with people.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Already sick of Thorgy again. And its a no elimination season.

I hope Milk conceptually posterizes her over and over.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

esperterra posted:

Still waiting impatiently for this to hit OUTtv. I mean I know who all ten queens are, but I'm still all amped up to watch it.

Who is the tenth?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Nihonniboku posted:

I thought the early rumors said that Valentina would be back, but I guess not. I imagine she realizes that the backlash against her is still so fresh, that she'd better lying low for a while.

I'd imagine its because her bookings are making her zillions of dollars from her rabid fanbase and to spend any amount of time off that track would be stupid for an incremental amount of fame she does not need.

She can do a redemptive arc later, if she ever feels it lucrative enough. Drag Satan is not a fool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

czg posted:

Is there any way to watch Dragula outside the US? It's geoblocked in Sweden on the wowpresents youtube.

I use the free chrome/firefox vpn extension called "hoxx" to watch geoblocked youtubes.

• Locked thread