Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
I loved the first episode. Seems like a great group of queens.

My husband is from Florida and a theme park nut. He really thought Trinity could have done better showing off the Theme Park theme she was going for if she stuffed in some of the more iconic rides from DW or Universal. I liked it though.

Nina really surprised me. I didn't know if I would like her aesthetic, but her peach was great and I really want to see more from her. She is in my top three for sure. I also really like Alexis, but I don't know if she will go far. Her Gaga gown looked stunning and was one of my favorite Gaga looks.

Also, Ross cracked me up with all the hot dog puns. I really love him as a judge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
I didn't go into this season thinking I would love Valentina, but she has won me over with her style and the way she carries herself. One of the strongest queens with one of the sweetest hearts. I love that she has the Virgin of Guadeloupe candle.

Can she win the season and Miss Congeniality?

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
I am excited to see how these all turn out.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
The majority of those sidekicks made me cringe.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
Does Kimora know the words to this song? Her lips seem off.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
This challenge is having some cringe worthy moments. Yikes.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
I really rooted for Charlie and I was sad to see that lipsync. She just didn't have the fighting spirit in it at all. It was like watching my dad dancing awkwardly at my wedding.

As for Eureka, she is shady and rude. Sasha was right to call her out. Can she take her hair loafs and go home?

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007

Dear Prudence posted:

Oh my god peppermint killed that lip sync! When she did the shotgun move, I died. She was so on. Sorry CLF.

Although I thought Nina's Jasmine was good, I am also done with the girls doing other drag queens for Snatch Game. It's so niche. You have to have seen the other seasons to get it. So many missed opportunities to do celebrities.

I feel the same about queens impersonating queens. I am over it and hope next season it doesn't happen.

As for the episode, I wasn't feeling the Snatch Game. I liked Liza, but even that wasn't memorable.

And how is it that we have repeating outfits again? How did that happen? Madonna has been performing since before I was born, yet these queens from both seasons make it seem like she has 4 looks.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
http://www.logotv.com/video-clips/vm3n16/rupauls-drag-race-madonna-runway-looks

If I am hearing this correctly, they were told to bring backup Madonna looks.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
I love Nina's looks, but I am over her attitude. She makes it hard to want to root for her. It would make sense that Atlanta queens would struggle dealing with her personality too. Tori and Jenny sensed her anger and they really didn't seem to do anything beyond giving direction. That is not a good first impression or way to win people over. Her creativity alone can't save her.

As for top three, my only guess is Shea makes it. She is consistent. Valentina is probably there too. Sasha, Alexis, and Trinity are all toss ups for third place. I see strengths and weaknesses in all three. Personally, I would love Trinity to make it, but I am not holding my breath for it.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
Trinity has really grown on me. At first I found her offputing and disregarded her because she was a pageant queen, but she is a great competitor. She has an interesting aesthetic and is really funny. I really hope she makes it to the top three.

And goodbye Farrah. I don't know how she did it, but she kind of made her whining endearing.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
OMG Alexisalt mountain.

Alexis needs to check her attitude. I was rooting for her at first, but girl cannot stop complaining.

Also this is amazing.

http://www.logotv.com/video-clips/e00jxi/rupauls-drag-race-trinity-and-the-pit-crew

I will be singing about dicks in my mouth for the next week. Thanks S9 girls.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm a big fan of Justin Sayre from his many appearances on SiriusXM's OutQ :rip:, and while I never saw his show The Meeting* in person I was so excited that they were broadcasting the final shows live on YouTube last night.

Well, She. Went. In. on this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI378Kb7DDI&t=1013s

I died, came back to life, and then died again.

(Later in the stream: "Elaine Stritch or a goat?")

"I need an hour a week where can I escape and snap at my television and criticize outfits I have no business criticizing. You see what I wear. And think I know anything about contouring. I just want to have an hour where I'm an expert and life is good."

Same Justin. Same.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
Valentina...girl...ugh. That was painful.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
Nina is even more exhausting in Untucked.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
I am rooting for Trinity, but honestly any of these queens could win and I would be fine with it. They are all amazing.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
This reunion is juicy

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
Congratulations to Valentina for being Miss Fan Favorite.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007

Pinwiz11 posted:

(just like ben delacreme.... joslyn was robbed)

Also, my face during that sequence:

Joselyn totally deserved it. I agree.

Aja speaking out was one thing, but when Farrah started talking about how Valentina dropped off being her friend, I was shook.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
To add to your Rupaul gifs:

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
Sad for Trinity, but Sasha killed it. What a weird and wonderful performance.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
She earned it for sure.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
Some of my faves are returning for AS3. I am way more excited for this than I thought I would be.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
I loved Ben last time and really want to see what she is gonna do. Probably my second favorite Miss Congeniality behind Latrice. Aside from her, I am rooting for Shangela and Trixie.

I kind of like Thorgy, but I don't see her even coming close to winning. She is perpetually too much.

Milk, Aja, Chi Chi, Morgan, etc I am just eh about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
Finale of Dragula is up and I can honestly say this is the first time I have literally gagged because of drag.

• Locked thread