Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Noise Machine posted:

So did VH1 just throw them a gigantic amount of money they couldn't refuse?

No, they're both owned by Viacom, which is planning to eliminate channels in the near future.
http://deadline.com/2017/02/viacom-bob-bakish-reorganization-earnings-1201906452/

"Viacom CEO Bob Bakish will focus on six “flagship brands” — BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., and Paramount — as part of his long-awaited company reorganization, out this morning with its year-end earnings."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Noise Machine posted:

I need a gif of that Peppermint talking head immediately.

She had so much fun with it that it was contagious! I loved it. :3:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Noise Machine posted:

Did Valentina just say she modeled her dress off of her mother's wedding video?

Good god, that's so wholesome I might puke.

She did say exactly that. I love how she smiles all of the time when she's performing! :)

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Inadequate Areolas posted:

Ohh so that's where it came from. I immediately thought of MIA's song Jimmy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBECisSkAu4

MIA's song is a cover/samples from disco dancer so you were right, too!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Inadequate Areolas posted:

I can't believe how pretty Farrah is. Even out of drag... what a loving gorgeous face.

Also Cynthia's Cu Cu explanation in the werk room was everything. I know people are so annoyed with cu cu this and cu cu that, but I can't get enough of it. I wish she was my crazy Auntie.

Read Cynthia's r/rupaulsdragrace AMA! She writes like a crazy and upbeat aunt and I love her

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

garthoneeye posted:

I think it was the sidekick honestly. Valentina's sidekick was one of the funnier ones and seemed to have a personality beyond just explaining the princess character.

I loved Charlie's sidekick! It was 100% in the vein of the fairy godmothers in Disney's Sleeping Beauty and it was funny. :(

go Charlie...!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

I felt like Tyra Banks yelling at that contestant on ANTM. I was rooting for you, Charlie! We were ALL ROOTING FOR YOU!!

:sigh:

Now I'm cheerleading for Nina. Overcome that inner saboteur, girl!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

I like how in the preseason, everyone was like "ughhh sasha thinks she's soooooooooooo smart" but then her most common compliment to others is on their intelligence :3:

willam is being critical of charlie's lip sync:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Troposphere posted:

god that musical was so bad

I loved it tbh! hahaha
I'm just into camp :)

The RPDR reddit community has been tracking rumors and gossip and two people apparently predicted not only tonight's elimination, but the circumstances and the season 10 invite, so if anyone wants a glimpse of the likely top 4 based on rumors, then be sure to check out this google doc :tinfoil:

I didn't read all of them, but I saw one queen I'm rooting for in the top 4, so I'm satisfied and ready to just enjoy the rest of the season :neckbeard:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

If we end up with the exact same bottom 2, that will be so boring!
But the whole snatch game was delightful to watch. :)

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Flyinglemur posted:

I am rapidly getting on Shea's bandwagon.

She's flawless. Have either she or Valentina made a single misstep in the entire competition? Every challenge, every runway, they've either excelled or led the middle of the pack.

they're perfect, they're beautiful, they look like models 😍

Has anyone been keeping up with the bonus clips on the logotv site? There have been really good ones every single episode. This week we had a cut drama scene where Nina accused Aja of stealing her makeup... it was good and made me like them both even more!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Don't joke about that.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

I just want Alexis to leave... she's talented in her own right, but she doesn't have the same level of charisma as the other remaining contestants :cry:

Did anyone in this thread listen to the single from Peppermint, Sasha, Aja, and Alexis? It's pretty fun if you liked "Read U Wrote U". The fact that Alexis's verse is the weakest in the song is probably the root of my antipathy toward her tbh :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0o0PK7AXFE
Peppermint had a cute verse that charmed me... Sasha laid me flat with her deep even voice edging on monotone and clever wordplay/jokes that have relevance inside and outside of drag... Aja killed it with references to every club kid in a rap that went relatively hard and I love ittt

Alexis just kind of made a few rhymes and pushed her #brand. Boring!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/6b915w/your_brand_is_perfect_its_beutiful_it_looks_like/
https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditD...=SubredditDrama

From the second link:

quote:

Basically:
  • A celebrity/previous and extremely messy contestant in and out of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 4 and All Stars 2,Phi Phi O'Hara, called out a r/rupaulsdragrace/ mod for being Donald Trump with regards to deleting posts
  • /r/rupaulsdragrace/ mods made a post to apologize to contestant.
  • They apparently talked it out with the rogue mod.
  • They added a new mod, who claims to be the friend of that contestant, Phi Phi O'Hara
  • The most known mod,broosh, said that the new mod was added in order to brand the subreddit in order to get closer to the contestants.
  • The sub hates it because they want the subreddit to be a free discussion forum instead of just sucking up to contestants.
  • The new mod being messy and petty about the drama
  • members being extra messy
  • Phi Phi just watching the chaos ensue - She's that girl we knew she was.
  • The new mod has been removed and contrary to popular belief, the rogue mod,saintrorem, was never removed from the list of moderators.

:munch: I love it. They're calling for the main mod's head on a platter in the main subreddit. It's fun!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

About the elimination:
:qq: how heartbreaking...
I hope that they put her on AS3... Wow. I can't wait for Untucked tomorrow.

it's the season of the lip-sync disappointments, I guess. I was taken so aback when they stopped the performance omg... I love to be moved by this show :') But I'm still sad about Dear Valentina!

About the winners:
I LOVED the winning team. Their conceit was hilarious, they performed beautifully, and they wrote a funny script. :3: They killed it!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

the escape goat posted:

I have to work tonight; can I get a summary from someone? was the mask rumor legit?!

It was legit.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

alf_pogs posted:

wait is this the first male-sung song on the runway???

I looked it up: http://rupaulsdragrace.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Lip_Sync_Performances

The answer is no, but it's the first one not sung in falsetto that has male vocals in its entirety.
The other ones (aside from RuPaul's) were:
Bob vs. Derrick performing "You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)" by Sylvester
Jaymes vs. Kimora performing "Love Shack" by the B-52s
and tonight's!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDvTv59J5Qs

I found this and I love it. The "art" scene is one of my favorite Season 8 moments :3: You can tell that they shot the little art-dance more than once and I'm so glad that they did, because in doing so, they made... art

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

She looked like Truth Coming Out Of Her Well To Shame Mankind and I loved it

I want to echo the sentiment in the thread that Trinity is nervier and Shea more talented, but all 4 of them possess the qualities in big ol' heaps so who cares? They're wonderful!

They're top notch entertainers and I am entertained! RuPaul often describes a star as a "shiny thing that people want and want to look at" and my goodness! The top 4 are stars! :swoon:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Chaotic Flame posted:

Yeah, that's my default but I wasn't sure if there were any special events for the finale or anything.

I'm going to try to attend tonight's performance at Roscoe's, but if anyone has any better recommendations then I'll probably show up :)
The one at Roscoe's has Alaska Thunderfuck, Trannika Rex, and Frida Lay. I haven't heard of Frida, but I've heard that Trannika is a hilarious MC and Alaska is, obviously, Alaska.

e: I moved to the area literally last week, so I can be your New In Town buddy but I can't help you find anything that isn't on Google, unfortunately!

Hug in a Can fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 23, 2017

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

esperterra posted:

The Roscoe viewings from what I've heard, and what they've uploaded of the guests talking during commercial, are excellent. Probably packed tho, go early.

oh, definitely. :o: I think I'm going to get a cab at 6, since the bar opens at 5. I feel weird about going alone, but also excited!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

that was an amazing finale. Thank you to chaotic flame for humoring my and my friend's drunk behinds. he is chill.

if you are less than 5'3 then do not try to drink Shea Coulee's signature drink at Roscoe's. you will be too drunk. but if you are short, you can edge near the stage and no one will ever be the wiser.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Please explain to this old out-of-the loop queer: what did Banks do that was homophobic? Is she running her mouth and showing her rear end by not knowing wtf she's talking about or is she explicitly being a homophobe and denying what LGBTQ folks experience?

"Azealia Banks & Perez Hilton: Twitter Feud With Angel Haze Goes Too Far"
"Azealia Banks Lashes Out at Zayn Malik in Foul Racist Twitter Rant"
"Azealia Banks Has Finally Been Suspended From Twitter"
"Azealia Banks Says She’s Been Sacrificing Chickens in Her Closet

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

hope the track is 🔥🔥🔥 though 👀

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Here's Aja lip syncing to AB's "Liquorice", which she also references in her C.L.A.T. verse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNxPw6hSqv8

very cool imo!

e: And her performance of Greedy! This one is crazy-good! Ahh!! I love this, it makes me feel things :3:

Hug in a Can fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jul 8, 2017

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Yeah, Roxxxy won :j:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

esperterra posted:

Oh, I guess they're doing a VH1 special to ruveal the queens. Like tomorrow.

for as3

I really hope they hold off on announcing Shangela, so she can jump out of a box in episode 1.

I hope that they announce her at the very end so she can still jump out of the box :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

CaptainScraps posted:

Their names are Dracmorda and Swanthula, which is funny, because some of the first results for those are their World of Warcraft characters.

And of course they play horde!

• Locked thread