Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I'm sad to see the Shangela joke go.

tote up a bags posted:

I really hope they can keep the race a bit more tight this time around - Bob and Alaska were clear frontrunners almost from day 1.
I'd rather have a bait and switch like Ginger/Violet where one stomps the entire competition then doesn't win because she was shady a few times in Untucked

God, but that was the best thing. Untucked season 7 was worth it just for Violet's season 8 crowning look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Ross' flurry of puns reminded me why I love him as a judge so much :allears:
Eureka's constant shade got pretty grating after the first few minutes, and I hope that gets toned down later on.

Does anyone actually believe Ru when she says nobody's getting eliminated? I don't know what play on the elimination system is happening to make that not a straight up lie, but I hope it's explained quickly.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

I thought that Charlie's runway walk these last couple episodes was a bit stilted, a cracked rib would make sense. Still though, the "i dont do lipsync" excuse has never done it for me.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

endolithic posted:

Nina just tapping out and turning around during this was hilarious.

I aspire to be as unbothered in my daily life as Nina is during Untucked's required argument.

I feel like Cynthia's lack of lipsync ability during the challenge specifically was a language barrier thing. Fast lyrics in a mouth with an accent are always going to look off. (Yes I know there were ones she straight up did not know) It made sense to me since that's ALSO what sent her home back in season 8, joke delivery between languages is hard. The ESL queens tend to get eliminated mostly during acting challenges from what I've seen, as well.
The lipsync though? They're given a week to learn that poo poo there is no excuse.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

This runway was loving sick, I love when they get to do crazy huge wigs and poo poo. It was really fun, the only one I was kind of meh with was Alexis, even though I liked what she did with the hair dress. Aja's also getting a lot better with her makeup.

I feel like the last major thing Aja needs to do to get better with her makeup is fix that drat upper lip that's been driving me crazy ever since the volcano look, and after that it's just doing it over and over until she gets the hang of it.

I hope Sasha has to lipsync but makes it to the top 3 anyway. I just want to see her kill someone onstage. My other 2 picks are obviously Sasha and Valentina.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Watch the next prize that Sasha wins be an all expenses paid trip to New York or something, bitch has the worst luck with prizes.,

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Tendai posted:

I'm late but I would watch Tammie Brown's Drag Race.

Imagine how bizarre but also nice it would be.

There aren't challenges, everyone just kinda has to scrape together 12 performances that somehow correlate. The person eliminated is based on completely arbitrary poo poo, like "i didn't like the lip color you used" or "I don't like that band"

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

The reason Alexis wasn't in the bottom this week was because Ru needed to make absolutely sure that Nina went home first instead of her :ssh:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Ben got eliminated last time for doing "old lady pinup drag" and being "unable to do anything else" (in a season with bianca boatneck del rio, nine bikinis, and sequin trashbags. the critiques in season 6 were so weird) so I hope the judges don't get stuck in that mindset again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

Chi Chi out here lookin' like the endoplasmic reticulum

• Locked thread