Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

Nina is the stealth villain. We've all been so focused on Alexis' open bitchiness, that Nina's low-key passive aggressive BS flies right under the gaydar.

if you caught this week's untucked, it really comes to the fore. shea - and just about all the other queens - has had enough of nina's poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Oh, I did. I mentioned earlier that her attitude, and Shea reading her to filth on it was kinda a wakeup call for how my own negative self-image colors my interactions with others, and I need to stop that poo poo.

...So I start by declaring the person I identified with the villain of the series. :suicide:

haha oh no! apologies, new to the thread, but in for the love of drag race until the bitter end.

also i just stumbled onto Valentina synching 'Yes Sir I Can Boogie' and it's saved my monday

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Nina's incredibly frustrating because all her problems are so self-inflicted. hell, even her direct competition in the race have supported and cheered her on, and all they've gotten in return is a big fat load of hooey. i think she really deserves a redemption edit in an all-star season sometime. at least Alexis' style of villainy is vainglorious and bombastic in a way that is fun to watch. long live the Incredible Sulk!

also i love Valentina, she's still my favourite from this season, cracks and all. i can't remember the context, but when she responded to a situation by saying "escandalo!" it laid me out cold. love her. her and Trinity are my big crushes, but i'm more than happy to see Sasha, Shea and Peppermint continue to dominate.

also this year Untucked > Main Event

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm a big fan of Justin Sayre from his many appearances on SiriusXM's OutQ :rip:, and while I never saw his show The Meeting* in person I was so excited that they were broadcasting the final shows live on YouTube last night.

Well, She. Went. In. on this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI378Kb7DDI&t=1013s

I died, came back to life, and then died again.

(Later in the stream: "Elaine Stritch or a goat?")

"princess crayola". i loving lost it

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i understand maybe 3 percent of what anybody on the rupaul reddit is talking about and even that seems like a high estimate

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Trig Discipline posted:

My strategy for dealing with this is to just be fat and hideous, it's super effective.

if you can't love yourself ...

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Toast Museum posted:

Let me ask a very fair question: what does Farrah do successfully?

one of the most savage "poo poo gets real" untucked questions of all time

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

seriously Alexis should have been bottom 2 in that one along with Nina. first time Vals been anything other than great or safe, and her runway look was absolutely stronger than Alexis' mash. Val deserved to go home after that lipsynch but damnit she shouldnt have been there in the first place. HO WELL

great ep, cant wait for untucked.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

tote up a bags posted:

I feel like we're on lock for Sasha/Shea and one of Trinity or Peppermint for top three now. Alexis and Nina are just way too flawed and carrying way too much baggage from a storytelling perspective at this point.

i can buy Nina MAYBE making final four if she pulls it together but at this point it seems unlikely

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

drowned in pussy juice posted:

Trinity has grown on me and her pulling out that sick runway look way outside her comfort zone this week sealed the deal trinity will take the crown it is known

If shea steals it I won't be mad, she's been consistently amazing this season and Sasha has been turning out the back half of the season but at this point unless Nina really nails every challenge or alexis pulls up out of her runway slump it's a clear pick for top 3 imo

peppermint is the rogue element this season. i can see her unseating maybe sasha or trinity. shea is probably the one to beat, although i personally think she's been delivering "safe" every week

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

Vivacious was just on SNL as a Katy Perry backup dancer.

RIP left shark

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

seriously, why on earth would people consider stopping now that the season has finally gotten good?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

esperterra posted:

Honestly, the worst part of this season is how little Ru visits the werkroom before a challenge. It's the weirdest feeling thing about this year, and goes hand in hand with mini challenges being gone.

i didn't notice this till you pointed it out and yeah, that sucks. i adore ru's suited-up outfits as much as his drag

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

more workroom frivolity, less makeup-mirror "issue of the week" spotlights please

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Troposphere posted:

I had to admit I laughed really goddamn hard at the nina and tina show because of how horrifically bad it was

like how

how happen

two non-comedy queens approach a mostly-comedy challenge with no script! what could go wrong!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Troposphere posted:

I really do feel bad for valentina, it's so obvious she was overwhelmed and choked. I bet if she gets on all stars season 3 she will be like a bat out of hell comin for that crown

me too. by far the most crushing exit this season, maybe ever. i can't think of someone who went from "potential finalist" to "catastrophically bad" so quickly.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

There's definitely a Once an Episode moment planned by production thanks to the editing, I think someone clocked from the queens' makeup that the Being Gay In Russia Mirror Moment was actually taken from a prior episode and placed wholesale in another episode. So bad.

wow what the hell editors! i knew they were shakey compared to last season but this seems just stupid

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

valentina feels like the first elimination this season that actually matters.

aside from eureka, the rest of them have felt pretty clearly telegraphed and unfortunately felt relatively inconsequential. it's taken the first half of the season to get to a point that feels like it has dramatic weight. in that regard it's a shame eureka and kimora blac went so early; i think they could have brought some strong bitch game to counter out alexis as the sole villain and stir up some frivolous drama.

also god drat as much as i think she rocks, cynthia was a frustrating letdown.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

angerbeet posted:

Maybe Ru is busy a new hit album

:v:

"hey kitty girl" has to be one of the tamer ru singles to plug. it's no "sissy that walk"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

endolithic posted:

Man I want to go to a viewing party now it looks fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDU_3or2l6w

The :geno: dude in the Rugrats shirt is my favorite

i like the guy dancing for the first couple of bars of the song until ru and michelle start whispering to one another, then remains at defcon 1 for the entire rest of the clip

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

sounds like someone's bummed their name isn't being tooted around the town like valentina's

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

trinitys star continues to rise!! love her, a standout in an otherwise relatively "safe" season

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

kesha was fine. meghan trainor still holds the "worst dressed judge on rupaul" award

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

so nina is smart enough to realise that ru has motivations to get her out, but too paranoid to realise that she is the only one that can fix it. truly a self-destructive queen for the ages.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

boring judges are pretty par for the course really. i would say the biggest wasted opportunity this season is the godawful Lisa Kudrow 'bit'

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i get the shea love, but honestly she strikes me as a "queen of all trades, master of none", and i think that's going to land her a runner-up spot.

i don't know how to articulate it properly, but i think sascha and trinity both have more specific conceptual drag "characters" - the intellectual art queen, the bitchy blabbermouth showgirl. with shea you get incredibly polished shea realness, but ultimately i'm not sure what that is aside from one cool ride.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah, I think that's why Ru liked her. All she saw was America's Sweetheart, not the screeching rear end in a top hat laying on a couch backstage.

Also, I distinctly remember hating Tati the first time I watched it, now I find myself cheering for her more often than not.

Not knowing who Oscar Wilde was is still completely inexcusable, though. :colbert:

she really turned around in AS2, after being kind of annoying.

her last words with ru are also maybe the best piece of weird absurdity the show has produced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snJc76ReTmo

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

this just makes me hope they bring back Tatianna for AS3, something i never thought i'd say

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

okay Raja and Raven's Fashion Photo RuView is easily my favourite post-drag race youtube series and 'toot or boot' has entered my everyday language

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

god drat how did eureka fnagle her way between those two dynamos

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the valentina fan army slowly unfurls their votebots

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

graynull posted:

Despite hating her diehard fans I ended up voting for her. Didn't really consider the queens I think will be the top 3 and counted out Cynthia since she had won it already. Also really liked Cynthia's promo look in the vote that we didn't get to see before the premiere.

i voted for her too; she was by far the most congenial queen. i really hope Peppermint gets to the final three though now haha

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

wow and here i was thinking lucien was the craziest one

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

pep pep pep wassup peppamint

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

wait is this the first male-sung song on the runway???

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Hug in a Can posted:

I looked it up: http://rupaulsdragrace.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Lip_Sync_Performances

The answer is no, but it's the first one not sung in falsetto that has male vocals in its entirety.
The other ones (aside from RuPaul's) were:
Bob vs. Derrick performing "You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)" by Sylvester
Jaymes vs. Kimora performing "Love Shack" by the B-52s
and tonight's!

oh duh i forgot about love shack!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i was pretty surprised shea won. shes been rockin top-half body suits with knee high boots routinely and was pretty off on the rainbow look - i thought ms velour had it in the bag.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the people clamored for more Ru in the Work Ruum and boy she delivered

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

angerbeet posted:

Don't forget the obligatory terrible RuPaul music video that no one will ever watch

FACE FACE FACE
I GIVE FACE
BEAUTY FACE

that said even season one's weirdo remix of covergirl is better than the roxxxy verse

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

good final four. shea's final runway look was one of her worst - very tubey boobs - but drat her verse was great. dunno who i want to win, probs trinity cuz she entertains me the most but any of em deserve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

michelle has never let being wrong get in the way of giving feedback

• Locked thread