Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

That was fun! Gaga didn't disappoint and I'm glad no one went home.

Contestant-wise:
Valentina :swoon: Her and Nina are my faves so far.
All of the cast seem pretty likeable and there's no Bob/Raja/Bianca-esque standouts that are obviously going to steamroll the competition which is refreshing. Jaymes kinda seems like she wasn't ready for the show though :( Hopefully she can pull it together next ep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Yeah, count me in as surprised that Kimora stayed over Jaymes. Neither did justice to the song but at least Jaymes looked like she was actually having fun with it.

And :lol: at that entire messy cheerleading segment. I don't know if it was just the way it was shot or the choreo itself but the whole thing was weirdly confusing to watch.

Valentina continues to be the best though :3:

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

:stare: has a more cringey runway ever existed in all of RPDR? Jesus

Lipsync was killer at least.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Y9JuiJXks
:eyepop:

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

The way this season consistently raises the cringe level has me scared for next week.

And drat, that was a great performance Trinity put on and it was completely wasted and overshadowed :sigh:

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Bina posted:

Oh yeah, and for that other queen, I can't think of her name but toss her in with Farrah. Yawn.

Man, I had to look up the cast photo because I couldn't even think of who you left out and I just watched untucked ffs. Yawn indeed.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Capsaicin posted:

Next week looks like Snatch Game. Just from what I can see from the trailer, we are getting:
Shea as Naomi Campbell
Peppermint as Nene Leaks
Someone as Amanda Lepore

Since Sasha seems like the "smartest" of them, and someone who knows their LGBT history and icons, I'm thinking it's probably Sasha as Amanda.

Edit: Could also easily be Farrah, but I don't know if 22 year old naive Farrah would really know her enough to do it well.

You can also see that someone is Jasmine Masters, most likely Nina. There's also speculation that Trinity is Amanda, which I can see.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Snatch game ... was actually good?! :monocle:

Pellisworth posted:

Man, Ru's workroom advice for snatch game picks was brutal this year.

Haha seriously.

Granted I do feel like I need to roll my eyes for 10 minutes straight to get over the fact that Sasha chose Judith Butler as her backup.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

God drat I'm sick of watching Untucked and being surprised at how different (usually better) the outfits look backstage compared to on the runway.

Anyway, kinda sad ...Aja went home. No way she was going to win but she was pretty entertaining all the same. Like a less annoying, less emotionally unstable Laganja.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Holy poo poo, Farrah. That was worse than Alyssa Edward's rupaul roast. That should not be possible.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

:cry:
I'm glad I got wind of the rumours early so I had time to be at peace with this horrible turn of events. Still, what an iconic way to go out.

Peppermint is my next in line fave, although she seems more like a lock-in for miss congeniality than winner at this point. Loved her look tonight.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Valentina's Untucked exit is making me tear up but at the same time I'm loving the OTT emotional drama of it all. Feels appropriate. See you on All-stars 3, girl.

not practicing more for the lipsync is pretty :psyduck: though. AV club had a good point that her falling apart like this is the first time we've seen her drag inexperience really show

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Oh my god, this is one hell of a reunion

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

That was some S2 reunion realness, only somehow even more bitter :eyepop:

I enjoyed that we've now come full circle with Aja calling out Valentina during her moment, but drat, a lot of that was pretty uncomfortable to watch, esp. Farrah piling on. Gotta bring more to the table than whale noises I guess.

Fake edit: ^^^ I love that Eureka of all people managed to come out of that probably the best. I'll be glad to see her again in S10

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah based on reactions here and elsewhere I kinda expected Val to be unmasked as Drag Hitler but this really wasn't that. The reveal that she's a fake and calculating and manicures a completely artificial wholesome image actually didn't surprise me much.

still :swoon:, sorry y'all

:same:

Aside from the indefensible bullshit she pulled with the fan situation, I'm surprised by the vehement backlash I'm seeing around.
Maybe Villaintina is real but tbh it seems more like the mask is there to hide shyness/introversion/general social awkwardness rather than being purely manipulative.

But whatever, best reunion yet. According to reddit T about the finale format the top two were decided that night so I guess that explains why some of the top 4 weren't pulling any punches in the reunion.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

:allears:

I'm starting to feel bad for Alexis Michelle

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

I wasn't a fan of Sasha during the season but those rose petals have converted me.

Also am I missing something or was Katy Perry kind of random for a celebrity well wisher?

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Ubiquitous_ posted:

She just put out an album and is a little desperate for sales since it has been torn to shreds by critics. So... random, but also she probably paid money for the plug.

Ah.
Oh yeah, she hired some drag race alumni to dance at one of her gigs as well now that I think about it. Props to Sasha for managing to look enthused.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

I just realised we never got our 'Hey Porkchop!' moment :mad:

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

esperterra posted:

It was cut. At the filming Ru did a bit about the house being 'overbooked' and needing to free a seat for an old friend, sends Mimi Imfurst out to carry India out of her seat. Then Porkchop takes it.

:lol:

That is amazing

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

The Porkchop moment is now up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqdpeQ5VjZM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Dragula: the main challenge performance seemed a bit of a let down. There was speculation on the dragula subreddit that they couldn't get the rights to the song that they wanted, which would explain a lot. That extermination tho :neckbeard: Seeing Disasterina in the reunion preview reminded me how awesome she would've been in this challenge. Ah well. I hope she pulls out a megaphone at some point next week.

• Locked thread