Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

And if anyone was curious what Bollywood song Aja was talking about in her Meet the Queens bit, it was "Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Aaja" from Disco Dancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUdJQSUcK_Y

Ohh so that's where it came from. I immediately thought of MIA's song Jimmy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBECisSkAu4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
INTENSE.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I can't believe how pretty Farrah is. Even out of drag... what a loving gorgeous face.

Also Cynthia's Cu Cu explanation in the werk room was everything. I know people are so annoyed with cu cu this and cu cu that, but I can't get enough of it. I wish she was my crazy Auntie.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I can't wait for Raja to boot the gently caress out of Aja's bootleg Who's That Girl look - if not for the cheap dress, then for the wig, which was way off. Oh Aja.

This Madonna challenge should never be done again.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I really hope they fired whoever did the lighting for season 9

I have officially lost my patience during the runways because of the blown out purplish look (I noticed it was a bit purple during the prom scene in 9021-ho as well). It's like I can't fully appreciate the runway looks until Untucked.

God. drat. It.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Nihonniboku posted:

Tom Holland (Spiderman) donned drag to lip sync to "Umbrella".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOhu26-Yirw

That. was. loving. sick.

That gave me feels like Joseph Jason Gordon Jon Lovitz doing Rhythm Nation.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Toast Museum posted:

"She done already done had herses" is more than fair compensation.

the story behind it makes it great as well.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

Someone!? That was Violet Chachki and it was iconic.

I went to Battle of the Seasons last year and they did a runway segment. Seeing Violet's tartan reveal live was worth the price of admission (also Courtney's big rear end wings).

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Maybe she was going for Elphaba but I was getting Ashreksis. Also lol at her taking offense to the reading challenge. Was she the 1st queen in herstory to cry after the library closed? And then to have Ru come into the werk room to counsel her about it?

I loved Farrah but it was her time to go. I think she lasted longer than she technically should have, so good for her.

Valentina was such a mess during the roast but I loving shot water out of my nose during the hampster joke.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

twistedbutterfly posted:

Also this is amazing.

http://www.logotv.com/video-clips/e00jxi/rupauls-drag-race-trinity-and-the-pit-crew

I will be singing about dicks in my mouth for the next week. Thanks S9 girls.

Pep turned that poo poo into a national anthem :patriot:

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Nihonniboku posted:

right before they try and make out with you because, "it's okay since you're gay." Or the woman who after finding out I had never been with a woman, kept on trying to grab my dick at the bar saying, "I'm going to make you hard by the end of the night."

What. The gently caress. I am so sorry. That is crass.

I'm a straight woman who has been going to gay clubs since the mid-90s and I just can't wrap my mind around acting like that. Part of me wants to think *maybe* women act like that because they've been treated that way for so long (that is BY NO MEANS an excuse, just offering perspective) but gently caress these bitches, I hope they get bounced and I support banning their bachelorette parties. No one deserves to be treated like that.

I have know girls who treated their gay friends as novelties and said things like, "OMG we should totally get married if we're still single in our thirties," or "OMG I want you to be my sperm donor." Um loving gross, you don't talk to your friends like that. It's just really disrespectful. I really hope more "token gay friends" will have a Come To Jesus with their dumb girlfriends.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
"Take that thing off of your mouth."

"I'd like to keep it on, please."

"It's a lip sync, what part of that do you not understand?"

loving Christ :stonk:

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

flynt posted:

I don't think she owns her songs and with all the legal stuff going on it's not surprising they can't play her songs. And from what I understand she gained weight when she got help for her eating disorder.

Basically, I don't think I've ever liked a Kesha song but for her to completely gently caress her career by confronting the industry (see also: Dr Luke), I can't help but admire the poo poo out of her. If I were in her position, I wouldn't be strong enough to take to court; I'd probably be a pussy about it, honestly. We need 100 more of her. And I think she looked loving great on the episode + I loved how Wintergreen cracked her up.

I'll miss Nina Bonina Andre Charles, but it was her time to go.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

graynull posted:

Despite hating her diehard fans I ended up voting for her.

Same. She was the definition of congenial on both the show & untucked, I think it would be really hard to argue against it... and I'm certainly not going to vote against her because her fans lost their poo poo.

Santino she betta don't.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I guess I'm alone in preferring Ru Paul's Best Friends/Group Therapy race. I loved the messiness of Season 4 but I didn't care for all the yelling in Season 5/6.

I'd like to see some tougher challenges, maybe. I'm continually shocked that girls make it to the show and NOT know how to sew.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

esperterra posted:

Probably true. Queens talked up the drama this season before airing, then it turned out Tinky Winky edited this season.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
Farrah being asked to recreate her reaction to Eureka leaving :sparkles:

Ahahahahah Aja shut down Miss Congeniality & had everyone chanting Fan Favorite hahahahaha... I'm glad they had something to say about that, cause it has been Fan Fave for years now.

Peppermint's tiddies making me question my preferences. :magical: dang, there was some good tiddies this season.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

omfg the thubtitleth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

The WOW legal team ordered that the footage be removed, and issued a statement expressing sympathy for India's predicament, but taking no responsibility, and stating that Ru and Mimi acted in accordance with company policy on the matter.

ALFbrot posted:

I agree, jokes are hard.

They were referencing the United Airlines overbooking fiasco.

ooooooh okay, well that makes sense.

I'm kinda glad Shea didn't win only because we just had similar story lines with BTDQ and Alaska: wins all the way to the top, has a stumble at the end and has to lip sync, picks self up and snatches the crown. I can't wait to see what Sasha does this year.

• Locked thread