Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Yo dang I was just about to drop this hot verse from Todrick's Pretty Good Thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mUSwHhJ6zA#t=3200s

They flyin' now? Party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Coyote Ugly posted:

I missed tonight's airing of the new season, is there any way to currently watch it? I can't seem to find any place that is airing it after it went live.

Amazon has every episode the next day.

And this was a real good season opener. The top three deserved it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

If it is her I hope she's polished herself a good deal. I really thought she was unfunny and annoying during her stint.

e: the drag equivalent of a The Pest era John Leguizamo

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at Mar 27, 2017 around 01:10

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

That was a loving terrible lip sync and should have been a double elimination.

Also yo CLF, putting Coo-Coo into every sentence isn't funny or clever oh my god stop it. Now that you're self aware you're even worse.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

shadow puppet of a posted:

Plus Kimora did finger-guns on "bang bang, on the door baby", I'd have sent her home for that.

Yeah holy poo poo what a dumbass.

Aphra Bane posted:

And at that entire messy cheerleading segment. I don't know if it was just the way it was shot or the choreo itself but the whole thing was weirdly confusing to watch.

It looked like it had to be stitched together from about twenty different takes. It wasn't unentertaining but yeah messy is a good word.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Nothing. Also I apologize for my misspelling of CuCu, Coo-Coo is how closed captioning spelled it and it got drilled into my head.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

So has there been a weaker "first to go" performance than what we saw from Jaymes? I hope Ru shares her audition tape at some point because there was just nothing on display on Drag Race.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

That was a terrible episode. No mini challenge and the runway was a complete flop. What the hell was up with the flood of purple lights? You couldn't actually make out any of the colors in the costumes.

And all but maybe two missed the mark on the sidekicks. The rest were stilted, unfunny, or just not at all clever.

Glad to see Kimora go and I hope Aja is next.

e: glad we finally got to hear the origin of CuCu

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at Apr 8, 2017 around 17:55

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Katya was funny and clever as hell and I'm not getting that from Valentina, at least not yet.

How do you talk this much and still think you should have stayed because you're pretty and that's it?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

I see we have a new challenger for worst season! Holy hell what was that episode? Are they shorter now that they're on VH1? The episode starts and there's no mini-challenge or even any setup for the main one, it just goes straight into weird drama and then cringeworthy anti-comedy. And the runway itself showed maybe two seconds of each queen save for Nina. Was that because she was the only interesting thing up there?

I just feel like there's no chemistry this season. Nina seems great but the crying for no reason was obnoxious. Sasha has a good look usually but barely gets any screen time. Valentina and Cynthia are okay I guess?

Something about this season just feels weird and bad.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Oh I know it's happened before, it's just always a bummer and feels constricting.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

CaptainScraps posted:

This musical is the worst thing the show has ever done. It feels like I'm being punished. This would get booed off the stage at a church talent show.

I think the Shakespeare plays were the worst but at least those were hilarious train wrecks. This musical was just awful from a writing perspective and more than half of the girls just can't perform.

There were individual good performances but overall that was a big pile of blown choreography and terrible lip syncing.

And drat Nina this is getting old and I'm rooting for you.

e: also Aja your lipstick is gross

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

I could have sworn someone else did that previously. Or maybe I just saw it in a promo.

Looking forward to seeing Eureka again in the future, I really think she had a chance of wining this one.

e: oh dang it was a torn ACL and re-injury at that. At least WoW is covering medical bills https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...pauls-drag-race

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at Apr 22, 2017 around 14:41

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

esperterra posted:

Cucu's lip syncing ability is still fairly suspect, either way, but no wonder she did worse than usual if the song changed last minute.

Her lip sync was bad in both the song and the challenge but that's just how she rolls. She's never been able to memorize lines or follow blocking, winging it for better or worse is her thing.

e: I do feel like CLF is more polished this season though even if she's running CuCu into the ground so goddamn hard it's about to come out the other side of the earth

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Nihonniboku posted:

Girl is a lazy as gently caress queen, and thinks that she can get by on personality alone. But she's no Bob. Bob got through on personality alone. But Bob's personality is likeable.

Bob was smart and a super tight package save for a few weak looks. His wit was razor sharp too. CLF begins and ends with saying a bunch of nonsense in Spanish quickly, ugh.

I could do a better NeNe Leakes and Sofia Vergara that poo poo was shameful.

e: the makeup chick and Alyssa Edwards were atrocious too

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Lipumira posted:

Like black bars on your lady bits.

That was super clever and it's a shame it didn't even get a mention during judging.

And holy poo poo did Peppermint destroy that lip sync. That was a hell of a performance.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

It figures the episode Aja goes home is the one I actually feel bad for her in. Yeah she has a bad attitude and she was bad in the challenge but she finally had a good runway look and lip sync.

Nina you're next sorry.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Inadequate Areolas posted:

I really hope they fired whoever did the lighting for season 9

I have officially lost my patience during the runways because of the blown out purplish look (I noticed it was a bit purple during the prom scene in 9021-ho as well). It's like I can't fully appreciate the runway looks until Untucked.

God. drat. It.

Yeah it really sucks. All of the runway lights are so goddamn purple that you can't tell what the hell the looks are supposed to be exactly. I can't believe someone thought that was a good idea for the whole season.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Accurate.

https://twitter.com/mattryanx/status/861091354490929152

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Tiny witch hat.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

That's some pretty choice drama right there.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

I'm pretty sure I had Pogs that with Nina's runway look.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Kinda pissed Nina squeaked by yet again. What a bummer.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Yeah the nearly complete absence of mini challenges, workroom interactions, and the Pit Crew are a bummer. As y'all have said the episodes are about the same length but I have no idea what's eating up more that time. Just inane blather and drama?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Where's that UK version of Drag Race they've been talking about for like a decade.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

I fully expect to see another non-lip sync before the season is over because why the gently caress not.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Winter Green for Miss Congeniality.

Also Kesha is still real cute and Nina sucks holy poo poo I'm glad she's gone. I don't think there's ever been a contestant with an attitude that garbage on the show.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

This is the best thing.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

alf_pogs posted:

oh duh i forgot about love shack!

Who could forget the finger guns bang bang on the door baby??

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Alexis getting tired halfway through the lip sync was great. Cya.

Sasha is my pick to win.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Agreed.

What the hell was the point of the gymnastic routine in this episode? There were lots of looks which were cool but the actual performance was just a giant nothingburger and Ru just had this look on her face like "this was a mistake."

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Trig Discipline posted:

The wife and I died at "that bitch knew what Squatty Potty was" and Michelle's "hell yeah Squatty Potty ain't no joke!"

It's both funny and embarrassing listening to their ads on What's The Tee. Podcast ads are lame and played out as all hell in general but Ru and Michelle pretending to get hype about Loot Crate is barely tolerable.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Stroop There It Is posted:

The only true Great Podcast Ads are the McElroys brothers' Extreme Restraints ads on MBMBaM

Also the Gamefly ads on Coolgames Inc where they go through their terrible rental history.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Opposite for me. I liked Valentina during the season but now I want to reach into the screen and throttle her. Not a fan of any part of her attitude or how she carries herself, she seems fake as gently caress.

e: Eureka mugging during Nina's rant was great

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at Jun 17, 2017 around 13:55

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Sometimes calling out someone's bullshit is the best thing you can do for them.

Also I just realized this reunion episode is technically the first show my first son has ever been exposed to.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Deathlove posted:

Milk being into PUBG is an interesting, but welcome twist.

Now I really want to see a team of drag queens stream PUBG. Like real bad I want this.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Peppermint is a real good performer but I was not a fan of that last look. I'm glad Sasha won it, she's super smart about her looks and everything tonight was super on point.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Am I imagining things or was Michelle Visage's intro for Valentina a bit shady?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

My wife has probably seen every season at least five times as background noise and I've absorbed most of that so you're not alone! It's her go to feel good I can ignore this while I do other things show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

"Woo!" - Thorgy Thor.

• Locked thread
«2 »