Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I really hope they can keep the race a bit more tight this time around - Bob and Alaska were clear frontrunners almost from day 1.
I'd rather have a bait and switch like Ginger/Violet where one stomps the entire competition then doesn't win because she was shady a few times in Untucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Pan Dulce posted:

Are we even getting Untucked this year? What was with that "only on YouTube" bullshit? Is it happening that way again?

Pretty sure somewhere there was an announcement its coming back to Youtube again

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

curiousTerminal posted:

I'm sad to see the Shangela joke go.

God, but that was the best thing. Untucked season 7 was worth it just for Violet's season 8 crowning look.

Ok you got me there bitch

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I thought this episode was a bit muted but I guess that's because it was establishing the season, introing the 14th queen & was really mostly just about Gaga being on it.
I'm agreeing it's going to be sad to watch Jaymes get murdered. Every season there's someone who just wasn't ready (Leila McQueen etc) and it's always so sad :(

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Gotta get that catchphrase to sink into the collective mindset before the season ends so you can make that money, honey.

Alaska is the catchphrase queen for sure. Both her albums are like 50% catchphrases over an EDM beat out of Garageband. Not even her own catchphrases either

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Stroop There It Is posted:

If that didn't merit a double elimination, I don't want to know what kind of trainwreck will.

Agreed, I'm now retroactively furious about Dax/Leila both going home
Eliminate them both and bring back Magnolia Crawford

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Kimora lost for sure but I don't get much from Aja's performance. Untucked is full of her being a oval office to the infinitely more polished and better performing Valentina, and then saying IM GOING TO SLAY THIS LIPSYNC IM THE QUEEN before an average-ish performance. Like a B+.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

CHiRAL posted:

I miss Mathu :(
Ru is looking ROUGH

Why they let Raja and Delta near her face and not Fame I'll never know

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Also, this HAS to be the most one sided lip sync in drag race herstory, right? The only one i can think of off the dome is Princess x Dida Ritz, but that was nowhere near this whole mess.

It's up there but the time Dida Ritz murdered the Princess live on stage on television will always be the most brutal execution.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Eureka now gets to watch how she looked on Season 9 and spend an entire year working on improving on that. I think she'll be a loving machine by season 10.
I guess now the producers are going to move away from that sort of physical challenge (last time we saw that was maybe season 4 wrestling?)

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

There's only one miss congeniality in my heart and it's ross matthews, every season forever

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Someone make a 10 hours of trinity, farrah and alexis roasting youtube megachallenge

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Nihonniboku posted:

The only thing worse than bachelorette parties at gay bars are the people who shout "reverse discrimination" and take offense at the idea that bachelorette parties shouldn't be allowed at gay bars.

The fact is, an overwhelming number of straight girls, who are normally otherwise perfectly behaved and sane and allies of the gay community, the second they enter a gay bar with their girlfriends, behave abhorrently.

thats because gay guys are my peeeeopleee oh my godd its such a shame you aren't straaaightttt i love you sooo muchhhh you guys get meeee! im like a gay guy in a girl's boddyyyy!!!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Seems like the r/rpdr mods accepted money or something and used it to pay for tickets and hang out with drag queens, i do not know how nobody saw it coming

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

That's why you should hang out at bear bars. I've never seen a straight woman at a bear bar. We shatter the illusion that all gay dudes are makeup-wearing twinks permanently generating a cloud of glitter, and that makes them feel all icky, like they're talking about actual people or something.

I can confirm bear bars are the best because they are where gay people and their friends go to socialize in a gay space, rather than where gay people and their fans go to emulate the gay scene they saw on their favourite netflix show / a recent buzzfeed article.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I feel like we're on lock for Sasha/Shea and one of Trinity or Peppermint for top three now. Alexis and Nina are just way too flawed and carrying way too much baggage from a storytelling perspective at this point.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I like Sasha but she doesn't bring the entertainment like Shea, Pep and Trinity do.
Can't believe I'm saying this, but Trinity should win.
TRINITY

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Troposphere posted:

Kesha looked really good wtf are you on about

I'll fight you

Agreed I thought she was great

Honestly Nina was doomed no matter what, especially against Shea, but she was really really meant to go home last week.
At least we got to see that she hasn't learned anything at all, and is the first queen to leave Drag Race with her inner saboteur entirely intact.
Alexis is not long for this world and I have a feeling Peppermint is 4th.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Trig Discipline posted:

Honestly I just don't care much who wins past this point. They're all competent, but none really knocks me out. I'm just glad it's not Nina Bonina Bring Back Valentina And Take Some Celexa Brown.

...except for serena alexis

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Santino leaving and the show turning into RuPaul's therapy power hour happened at the same time. Coincidence???

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Holy poo poo don't post spoilers on Facebook for gently caress's sake :argh:

All that suspense ruined :( Can't believe they're going to crown Nicole Paige Brooks retroactively for every season

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

alf_pogs posted:

seriously spoilers are everywhere now. World of Wonder are threatening to go scorched earth apparently

Well it was cool how they didn't eliminate anyone in the final episode after a 45 min buildup, and THEN decided to hide spoilers infront of 1000 people or whatever.
Please link some WOW meltdowns though

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

caligulamprey posted:

I would have taken Alaska's freakout with a little more stride if not for the fact that she smuggled in a cell phone and proceeded to leak as much AS2 info as humanly possible, down to the final 3/who left in what order/Adore Leaving/etc.

I thought she texted it to her BF who leaked it?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

angerbeet posted:

This whole Shea thing is white mediocrity beating black excellence and it's annoying.

P sure its sadness at watching an utterly fantastic performer tie themself to a trainwreck. People would be complaining just as much if Sasha or Valentina announced an exciting collab with Ted Nugent

Edit: thats not to say there aint race issues in drag / RPDR, there 100% are. Actually re-reading the posts on her insta and so on you might be right :[

tote up a bags fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 8, 2017

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

no henny, season is dead before it even aired

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

and that's hot on the heels of some transphobia too, not a great month for Willam

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Is it worth watching Dragula 1 before going into 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Courtney is now the second Drag Race person to enter the UK Celebrity Big Brother house.

• Locked thread