Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gyges posted:

Can you even have real tea without a kettle?

Ask Telford Porter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Waffleman_ posted:

Sonny Strait is sick so this week's dubbed episode will have an understudy for Present Mic, which is maybe a problem inherent in this way of doing it.
On the bright side, if he nails it, that's probably gonna be this guy's foot in the door for his VAing career.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Waffleman_ posted:

Sonny Strait is sick so this week's dubbed episode will have an understudy for Present Mic, which is maybe a problem inherent in this way of doing it.

I don't know why I hadn't considered that this could happen. Here's hoping it's not too jarring, especially since I'm really digging the simuldub idea in general.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
I guess it's not as if it's something they can't fix later if they need to. The guy's presumably gonna be back recording lines for future episodes, so they can always re-record those old lines if the new person doesn't imitate the voice well enough. Whether they'll bother taking the time to do so is another matter.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mei still has a really good voice.

BEIBI

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I love how cocky Class B got with Bakugou at the end.

Congrats on finding a way to push the Deku button while also diverting the rage unto yourselves. I hope your families hold lovely funerals for you all.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
RIP Class B schmuck, it was nice knowing you

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Monoma is my hero, he is the swarmiest li'l child and his grins are just perfect.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Waffleman_ posted:

Mei still has a really good voice.

BEIBI

Apparently this is literally her first role ever? That owns.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

She sounds a little old for the character but the enthusiasm is spot on.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I had a longer post, but the awful app hosed up and lost it.
So, in no particular order:
1) I always pictured thorn girl as having silver hair, i dunno why. Green makes more sense.

2) Mei's VA and Aoi Yuuki are doing a great job :3:
Everyone is, really.

3) Yaomomo's cheeks were flushed as a sign of exertion, not embarrassment. Carrying that creeper limpet couldn't have been easy.
The girl to whom horikoshi gave the most revealing outfit, and to whom he ascribed the desire to reveal more skin for the sake of her quirk wouldn't get embarrassed over that creep.

4) all of the moments with Mina are the best :kimchi:

So happy I found that. I'm not sure if I want to change my AV, but thats tempting.h

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 23, 2017

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The most revealing costume belongs to Hagukure.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Kyte posted:

Everyone who's carrying her is embarrassed by proximity.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kyte posted:

Nah, it's very modest. Doesn't let you see anything, not even an outline.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Waffleman_ posted:

It'll give the new guy exposure and be redubbed for the DVD release anyway, I expect.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
I've burned through all the episodes in the last 3 days and I love it. I'm pretty new to anime - is there anything that is similar to this, tone-wise?

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

superLINUS posted:

I've burned through all the episodes in the last 3 days and I love it. I'm pretty new to anime - is there anything that is similar to this, tone-wise?

I feel like Soul Eater has a similar vibe of campiness, comedy, and action. Also maybe Kenichi: The Geatest Disciple.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RasperFat posted:

I feel like Soul Eater has a similar vibe of campiness, comedy, and action. Also maybe Kenichi: The Geatest Disciple.

Note the later is super fanservicy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, it's not like MHA doesn't have a character that's constantly naked.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Mha is not like kenichi, imo.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Mha is not like kenichi, imo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

superLINUS posted:

One Piece I guess though the anime gets bad around uh, episode 400???

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

superLINUS posted:

One Punch Man is more a gag series but is still a super hero thing. Tiger and Bunny stars two adult characters and so is a little quieter in places but is pretty similar, and is also a superhero thing. And yeah, Soul Eater isnt' a superhero thing at all (its aesthetic is very anime nightmare before christmas) but it's got a fun energy to it and some really great designs.

EDIT: also do not tell the guy whos new to anime to watch 400 episodes of one piece lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Awwww....

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Good call, he should read 800 chapters of One Piece instead.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
one piece is a lot of good fun and you can take your time with it or even just play the musou

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Endorph posted:

One Punch Man is more a gag series but is still a super hero thing. Tiger and Bunny stars two adult characters and so is a little quieter in places but is pretty similar, and is also a superhero thing. And yeah, Soul Eater isnt' a superhero thing at all (its aesthetic is very anime nightmare before christmas) but it's got a fun energy to it and some really great designs.

EDIT: also do not tell the guy whos new to anime to watch 400 episodes of one piece lol

You're right, he should skip the filler arcs and only watch 300 episodes of One Piece.

No but OPM is a great suggestion, and after that you can watch Mob Psycho 100.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My contribution to the shortlist:

One Punch Man, Mob Psycho 100, and Tiger and Bunny are all really good. Also gonna agree and say One Piece... with the caveat that it is not a series you are likely to catch up on any time soon, even skipping all the filler. Just accept that if you start watching OP, you will be catching up on OP for the rest of your anime-watching days.

None of them have exactly the same tone as MHA, but all of them are definitely more on the idealistic end of the idealism/cynicism scale.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I'm gonna recommend the Hunter X Hunter anime since it's really great and the storytelling style reminds me of MHA if it was a little darker. Very deep and well portrayed characters too.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I'm gonna recommend the Hunter X Hunter anime since it's really great and the storytelling style reminds me of MHA if it was a little darker. Very deep and well portrayed characters too.

Seconding. It's the best traditional shounen show. I've heard YuYu Hakushou described in the same vein, but I've not seen it.

Also seconding One Piece if you are ok with a show that moves as fast as seismic plates.

Also seconding OPM and MP100 for fun satire/parody of superhero tropes. Samurai Flamenco also fits in this category but... well just watch up until episode 5 or so if you feel like.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Attack on Titan
Hunter x Hunter
Black Lagoon
Soul Eater
Mob Psycho 100
Akame ga Kill
Drifters

All of those have great action, beautiful designs and great stories.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Attack on Titan
Hunter x Hunter
Black Lagoon
Soul Eater
Mob Psycho 100
Akame ga Kill
Drifters

Well, I'll give you the action on Titan, but eeeeeeeh.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

No one mentioned Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood? Shameful.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Attack on Titan
Hunter x Hunter
Black Lagoon
Soul Eater
Mob Psycho 100
Akame ga Kill
Drifters

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Heck no. Akame ga Kill is probably one of the more aggressively boring (yet somehow also edgelord) shonen I've seen in a while.

Also, Drifters is fine but in tone nothing like MHA--it's a Kouta Hirano work.

Black Lagoon is a similar problem. Excellent show, one of my favorites; but I wouldn't recommend someone go from MHA to it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Attack on Titan
Hunter x Hunter
Black Lagoon
Soul Eater
Mob Psycho 100
Akame ga Kill
Drifters

he asked for shows with a similar tone to mha, lol. all of these are decent shows but only soul eater really fits. attack on titan is grimdark, hxh gets pretty dark and even early on is kinda weird and violent, black lagoon is just an anime tarantino movie, mob psycho is way more surreal and comedy focused, akame ga kill is edgy @f, and drifters is super violent and edgy too.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
drifters is like as far from mha's tone as you can possibly get

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fate/zero

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Well I feel dumb. Guess I missed what he was looking for.

What about Fairy Tail? It's pretty light

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Well I feel dumb. Guess I missed what he was looking for.

What about Fairy Tail? It's pretty light

It's also not very good.

Endorph posted:

fate/zero

This is like the far end of the spectrum in terms of tone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

ViggyNash posted:

It's also not very good.

There's actually no way to tell since Fairy Tail uses a secret hypnotic design hidden in Natsu's scarf that makes you forget almost everything about it within minutes of consuming it.

• Locked thread