Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I have four questions:

1. Are grenades in the game yet?
2. If anyone has grenades could they give me grenades?
3. Is there a map that I can print out? I like having paper maps.
4. Who is this by the tree is that you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

buglord posted:

4. I died late game once because I wasn't sure if I was looking at a bush or a sniper. (it was a sniper)

CONTACT. Enemy tree. Bearingn uhh... grid...

(Loud paper crinkling)

Wait do you do the x-axis first or y-axis first?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Should be called "PlayerUnknown's Memory Leak Experience".

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
If you get stuck in first person press V.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
So when can I use real money to buy better loadouts?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Raged posted:

In Australia my usual Ausgoon group doesn't play. :(

Hey if the time of day is right you can always come-a-waltzing-Matilda with us.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

VulgarandStupid posted:

Here's a montage of ridiculous things that happen to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39fD-tZBZhE

Your frame rate is easily 5x what I'm getting. :stare:

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Futuresight posted:

This game is very janky. It's not a problem because it's Early Access and I'm having fun regardless, but when people said this was very solid I didn't realise they meant specifically compared to games like DayZ and H1Z1. I went in thinking it was almost standard game release quality and it's definitely not that.

DayZ SA set the bar extremely low.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Hopefully I will have a new computer put together to run this before my existing i7 catches on fire.

I have a big can of dust-off nearby that should act as an acceptable class-C fire extinguisher substitute.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

VikingSkull posted:

we've had a few new people join my group and we actively mock them until they start using compass headings

"left? your left? my left? relative to what? to you? me? are you an idiot?"

it's the first thing we tell new players and the only thing we rub their noses in if they gently caress it up, because it's the best skill to have. everyone fucks up because it's just natural to say left or right but getting hazed over it once or twice breaks the habit pretty quick

Hey at least we have IFF so no more "WHO'S THIS? IS THAT YOU BY THE TREE? BY THE TREE!!!"

Also sorry about immediately grounding the boat last night. :cripes:

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I actually shot AND killed someone in-game a few days ago.

Maybe not a whole dinner but maybe that counts as a bite. Like a little container of popcorn chicken from Sheetz.

Also I had a kill totally stolen from me (while I was crawling on the ground after being turned into Swiss cheese).

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Loopoo posted:

how do you get your team of 4 to shut the gently caress up with anecdotes and banter on mic when you're playing pubg? I feel like a miserably grumpy oval office if I keep telling them to be quiet, but I keep losing fights cause I can't tell if footsteps are retreating, advancing, or flanking.

Generally I think saying "BREAK" is (or should be) the "everyone shut up" magic word. That was used more often in the better DayZ days when you had groups of like 10 people on a channel and it got pretty crazy.

Maybe "BREAK LISTEN".

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 4, 2017

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Just built a much much more powerful system and ready to come back to PUBG! Hope you guys don’t mind an expert like me inevitably hogging all those dinners.

(As soon as I figure out how to switch from semi to full automatic. Can someone help me on that?)

(Also the SKS is full-auto, right?)

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Paingod556 posted:

Not in game. Unless they add a 'filed down firing pin' attachment that lets you dump the entire magazine as soon as you reload it

See now that’s some out-of-the-box thinking right there.

I’d have my paper maps printed but you can’t put a “virtual puck” on them.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I have been playing a little bit more solo recently trying to get a better feel for the maps, weapons, and controls of the game. I wanted to check something - the bullets do have realistic flight times and parabolic trajectories like in games like ARMA 3, right?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Ihmemies posted:

No. For example Kar98 bullets move like 100m/s with huge drop, for gameplay purposes.

Geez, so depending on the weapon you need to lead and adjust for elevation a lot more... I had no idea it was on a per-weapon basis too...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I’m sorry for flipping the truck guys that hill snuck out of nowhere.

• Locked thread