Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lohli
Jun 30, 2008

No Safe Word posted:

Punches that only hit anything 15+ ft in the air since you can't punch while crouched.

e: but since you're taller maybe you land before everyone else and can headshot punch everyone while chuting down

Alternatively, your giant spindly legs break on landing and you have to spend the rest of the game prone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjTKdQ5JPSU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Bluh I'm so used to squads I don't think I like solo anymore

Queue for squad games solo.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Please do not fix vehicles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oscVyusZD_o

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I do. One day I'm getting that xbow kill

Just do what I do and run with 2 crossbows.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

secondary-intercardinal directions+physical descriptions are much more accurate than just degrees but some people are too dumb to do that on the fly so they just keep sticking to UH GUYS THERE ARE GUYS UHHHHHHHHH 85

I'd rather someone stuck to "2 mans at 85" than what I hear from probably about a third of goons which is "He's near the tree by the rock" or "I just saw a guy in a house".

Or even worse this fantastic bit of intel sharing:
:downs: I see a guy!
:jihad: Where?
:downs: Over there.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Fried Watermelon posted:

The worst is when goons get pissy when people don't say their names after a squad mate calls out a direction

"Three guys at 245"

"245 ON WHO"

Maybe learn people's voices / use the Discord overlay?

There are 300+ people in the discord so "MAYBE JUST LEARN PEOPLE'S VOICES?!" is more arduous a task than you're letting on, people aren't going to be able to tell whose voice is whose until they've played with a bunch of the regulars a lot. It makes sense to say "2 dudes at 330 from <your name here>" pretty much all of the time for the sake of clarity, if you've played with everyone in your squad a hundred times before then sure skip dropping your name in but if you're grouping up with random people, whether it's goons on discord or pubbies via matchmaking, you should just drop that tiny bit of info in to save everyone the frustration.

And I have heard people get pissy, but usually that has come after a round or two full of nonchalant "On who?"s in response to multiple people trying to call things out without being familiar enough with the people they're playing that they should know which name to associate with the voice.

Carebearz posted:

I stay clear of the goon discord because I honestly feel like i suck at this game and I can't really tell who's chill and who's the lovely milspergs on it.

but I also want to play with Goons because my friends I play with a good for fun times but I feel like we aren't good enough to get a BCD

Everyone in discord is pretty bad, even the good people. For every murderspree clip WeedBabyGoku420 uses for his montages, he has a half dozen of him embarrassingly being punched or frying panned to death.

You'll be in good company no matter your skill level.

And there aren't really any hardcore milspergs that I've seen, there are people who are better at the game and better at communicating things but nobody is going to scream at you for not knowing how to adjust your sights(Page Up/Down, now you have no excuse :argh:) or demanding that you stay in a certain formation while referring to them by some wanky callsign.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
For people having trouble with lovely performance, add -d3d10 to the launch options and you should get a nice fps boost, and smoke won't gently caress up the framerate as badly, game doesn't really look any different either.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Convergence posted:

I just got a bug where my 4x scope didn't render on my gun for about 20 seconds of attempts. Just saw the top of the gun when I went to pull the scope up- it wasn't that I was too close to a wall or anything either, because the whole gun was visible. Anyone seen this? Lost a round because of it (though it was 4v1... but I'm still blaming the bug)

I've had this happen while in a vehicle a few times, ADSing again usually fixed it but one time it didn't, maybe swapping weapons will make it work again, but unless you're trying to make a very long range shot you should still be able to approximate the middle of your screen and shoot dudes ok.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

The good news is, since his computer crashed he can't collect video evidence of you TKing him. I think you'll be OK.

I put use of melee while in a vehicle to the test because I wanted to live the dream of committing a frying pan drive-by, aimed out of the window, and learned that you just swing at whatever is directly in front of you when I heard the beautiful double gong sound of the guys in the front seats being KO'd.

I think Jazz said he got it on video, hopefully PlayerUknown doesn't see it :ohdear:

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

cosmicjim posted:

The two responses to the scope question.
One says they change between guns. One says they don't.

I wouldn't be surprised if what Duckaerobics said about it being a stock or generic store asset is true given my experience with actually trying to use the ranging markers.

I haven't spent hours testing everything so a bigger sperg might be able to elaborate, but from what I've seen zeroing works for targets in the center of wherever you're aiming(which is seriously a good thing), but range markers on the scopes are not accurate or useful outside of a point of reference for bullet drop(i.e. look at where your bullet lands and adjust aim up accordingly).

Range markers on the acog might be accurate for a single gun or ammo type, but I recall actually trying to use the range markers to shoot at something 600m away with one of the ARs(don't remember which or even the ammo type) and not even seeing bullets hit anything until I adjusted my aim down and lined up a test shot to work out where the gently caress my shots were actually going and bullets were hitting well above the 400m notch on a building I knew to be approximately 600m away.

TL;DR - If you want to make long range shots you can't trust the ranging notches, get used to zeroing(rebind the keys if necessary).

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Flashes generally are obvious but the problem is you have to already be looking at them, so they're good for seeing which of a dozen windows someone is firing from when you already know that there is someone shooting from a certain direction and you have that last bit of work to see exactly where they are. But generally sound is all you need to get an accurate direction and 9 times out of 10 you'll have a clear view of them, whether they're on the side of a hill or just about hanging out of a window trying to shoot dudes.

Having said that, flash hiders are not worthless, because if you're shooting from apartments with 18 windows on one side that little bit of decreased obviousness can be the difference between getting spotted(and shot) and being able to poke at people with something resembling impunity provided you are careful.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

What did I do this time?

Is there another murder mystery I'm the prime suspect in?

Is CSI agent WeedBaby on the case?!

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I've noticed that people like this generally don't improve, maybe they'll get embarrassed and chill out for a short while after someone makes a point of how ridiculous they have been behaving but they never really stop getting mad at videogames.

Edit: Also he's more likely to just drive off anyone who has the displeasure of playing with him, if you play with a group of regulars and you bring him along, they'll avoid him if the group is big enough for that to be viable but they'll go elsewhere if they can't get away from him.

lohli fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 24, 2017

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

TheFonz posted:

How is the SVD distinct enough from the SKS to warrant inclusion.

When we have 20 of each type of weapon sure, but at this point there are at least 20 rifles I would prefer as they would be more distinct than the SVD in the current Meta.

Also, gimme the American 180.

It could come with a 4x PSO scope like the VSS does, given that it's standard issue on both of them. Not really a rifle but I'd love to see an RPK added, or something ridiculous like the VKS(think .50cal bolt action VSS).

Trabisnikof posted:

They want to add full game replays where you can follow anyone around and see what they did.

I want to see what the server thinks is happening during the early game lag where people can get rubberbanded about.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

ChesterJT posted:

If you hop on discord and there's a room with 3/4 is it cool to just hop in and group up or should you ask in text chat first? Wasn't sure what goon-protocol was there.

Hop in and say "are you in a game" or "do you need a 4th" unless you hear dudes already talking like they're in one and wait for stuff to settle down enough for someone to tell you how far in they are.

But generally people will say "Need 1/2 in <group>" in chat when they're trying to get dudes together.

Here is one trick to getting better at this game: if you hear gunfire, run towards it, not away from it. You can thank me later

Legit a good way to get good, you likely won't win the game like this, but if you never get used to actually shooting people and you only hide out you'll suck when you have to start shooting people and never get that sweet chicken dinner. Deciding whether or not to engage on groups, whether it's ambushing someone trying to loot bodies/crates or getting the drop on two squads duking it out or spraying bullets at a car full of guys, is a really big part of the game and a pretty fundamental part of trying to hide-and-seek your way to victory.

You need to know when to stop hiding, and things like whether you're poorly geared or not and what the risk-reward and opportunity cost are should influence those choices at every stage of the game.

And loving communicate what you want to do and don't act without letting people know ahead of time unless there is a really big payoff that you have to act on immediately(like a car driving past within 20m that you should light up), half the time someone exclaiming "I see a guy!" or "CAR!" is followed by that person's gunshots which 90% of the time is the exact thing you should not be doing, and giving your teammates a chance to respond gives them enough time to tell you that firing at the guy 400m away with your m16 with a holo sight is a bad idea.

Mistle posted:

*makes a buggy-based explosion by driving at a squad and their m249*

Poor driving is the most frustrating way to die, I've had a few games where someone diverted to avoid gunfire, but then diverted from every other reasonable place to stop until they just gave up and tried to park in between all of those places.

I'm not sure if that's more or less frustrating than the driver who won't just bring the vehicle to an abrupt stop so we can pile out but has to let the car cruise to a halt parked neatly between all the buildings we want to try and murder dudes in

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Yodzilla posted:

It's not a cheat, sometimes walls and their colliders fail to render and hit detection is client side for them so you're getting blasted through nothing.

From what I've noticed it's not just generally failing to render, but there is some weird offset where it all renders 500m+ away from where it's supposed to.

I didn't try shooting at the misplaced assets, but I was able to down a guy who I presume I shouldn't have been able to hit who looked to me like he was walking in the air.

You can shoot through the "missing" assets but you can't walk through them.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

cosmicjim posted:

I agree with you. I don't really have sympathy for the streamers. I just like thinking about solutions to dumb problems.

As for that slyvinlisha post -
"If you don't want to be grieved turn matchmaking off" actually means team killers shouldn't be banned. You should just turn matchmaking off. ::psyduck::

It means that queueing up for matchmaking with the "add a lovely pubbie or two to my squad" -option enabled opens you up to playing with people that might tk you, you can play squad games with 1-4 people in the squad, so you there isn't anything forcing you to play with whatever retard the matchmaking would have you put up with, and the surefire method of not having a random pubbie tk you is to not play with a random pubbie in the first place.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

They should probably look over usage statistics and see that the Vector, Tommy Gun and VSS are incredibly under-used and then make appropriate adjustments.
A weapon being underused doesn't mean it's bad and needs a buff to bring it up to parity. The VSS is a great gun, but has some drawbacks that make it less attractive than a an SMG, AR, or other rifle to most players most of the time. It's one of the nice bits of real variety in the game, I think that any changes aimed at making it more popular(outside of simply increasing availability) might risk making it too good.

abigserve posted:

I also love the sequence of logic from Reddit:
-> I killed a streamer
-> That streamer got all of his followers (intentionally or unintentionally) to report me for stream sniping
-> I got banned
?? This is obviously the fault of Bluehole ??

If they have an abusable system that means streamers can get anyone that kills them banned for cheating then yes it's their fault.

If it can be reasonably shown that someone is likely to be cheating by way of watching someone's stream to find them, like if you had the same player/squad kill a streamer 5 games in a row which is incredibly unlikely to happen naturally, I don't have a problem with their getting banned for it.

If they're getting a ton of reports at the same time and acting on them with no kind of sanity check, like treating 100 reports at the same time as very suspicious or even looking at whether or not the reporters IPs were used to play the game recently, then I think it's right that they're being derided, especially if what people posted about there actually being someone who had been streamsniping but some poor pubbie who happened to kill a streamer's friend took all the flak is true.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Mistle posted:

Use the pistol mags for ammo, and have it place in slot 3 as opposed to 1 & 2.

How do you miss the "without making it too powerful" mark this badly?

It would make it's downside of a long reload time and small ammo pool so easy to overcome that it would be pointless having those downside in the first place.

The VSS is probably the only non-crate gun in the game that makes a quickdraw worth picking up because of it's incredibly low damage, ammo pool, and high reload, and is probably has it's viability affected the most by an extended/ex-quickdraw(maybe the vector ties with it?), which makes use of the rarer SR mags a good thing.

And letting people run around with a third very strong weapon would be OP as hell, especially considering the built in perks it has(4x, suppressed), maybe the case could be made for something like the vector or uzi(if they couldn't have upgrades while in that slot) but even then that would likely be pushing it too far.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Grimmmz is an idiot nerd but you also went all CSI Miami to find out who popped a tire on a car full of dudes that we were trying to murder. It was me, I regret nothing.

He's worse though because he kept it up for ages trying to find proof that the guy he was looking at was totally cheating when he got bootyblasted by someone else entirely.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

violent sex idiot posted:

one time i tboned a guy and it didnt do any damage to him at all except from his car flipping. tihs is dumb and i hate it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGxhs8GWD64

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Was loot rejiggled somehow a few days ago?

I've noticed a lot more near-barren buildings generally, one time with myself and a pubbie coming out of the west half of Pochinki with nothing but a VSS each, which is weird as gently caress.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

DrNutt posted:

The swamp area is so interesting and cool, but so tiny. I want a bayou map that's like 75% swamp that's filled with air boats.

I'd be ok with this if shooting from vehicles wasn't such a poo poo and janky experience, some kind of rotational inertia would be really good and then I'd be totally down with boat wars.

Pattonesque posted:

as it turns out, repeatedly hot-dropping onto high-traffic/high-loot areas over and over again makes you much better at this game!

Next you need to queue up for a squad game by yourself with automatching turned off and try to take out entire squads when they go for apartments.

Grab a shotgun/smg, sneak in, make dudes mad.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

tehinternet posted:

Truly, I'm posting garbage when I'm explaining why I think what I do -in good faith- which is then responded to with useless one liners from shitposters who have never been involved with goons who actually play this game.

Is expecting parents to be involved enough to keep their kids from getting addicted to "gambling loot crates" wrong? Honest to loving Christ I cannot believe that's a sentence I've actually written now. Are we going to start banning this game for encouraging violent behavior? Are we going to be upset that this game takes place on a Soviet island and maligns Russia? Because each of those are as crazy as the opinion that loot crates will get people addicted to gambling.

These sorts of payment models are usually supported by dysfunctional people who can't help but spend a poo poo ton of money, and if you look at what happened with TF2 and CS:GO you had multiple levels of gambling with people having to pay for a chance at a hat/skin and then another explicit culture of gambling with all the sites that let people bet their hats.

I don't really have a problem with random rewards for special events like contributing to a tournament prize pool or whatever as long as the available stuff is all sort of worth it, I think there's a meaningful difference between the available rewards all being quite desirable and there being a 99% chance that you're going to get another set of grey pants, and I think that's a good place to draw the line between gambling and a blind goody-bag.
Edit:

Mister Fister posted:

So shutting down everything is a necessary step for this game? I noticed my computer locked up when i had like 70 chrome pages open + playing pubg. Doesn't happen with overwatch. I have 16 GB ram too. (Edit: i5-2500k cpu oc'd to 4.2 ghz for reference)

You don't need to shut everything down but in that guy's case he shouldn't expect to be able to transcode video in real time without affecting gameplay unless he's got a cpu with hella cores. But people have said that upgrading from 8-16GB fixed some of their performance problems and 70 tabs is a lot, chrome is using about 1GB for me with only about a dozen open, so I wouldn't be surprised if freeing up some of that memory helps you out.

You could always just monitor ram usage while you're playing and see if that's the problem though.

lohli fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 14, 2017

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Hockles posted:

Did you just try to hold your breath while shooting at someone? If you empty your lungs, you have no air to sprint with. If it's not that, then I don't know.

Oh my god I had no idea holding breath was a thing in this game.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

tehinternet posted:

Good post. I hadn't considered the history of the payment model to be honest, that's a great set of points. I figured the internet was being the internet and finding something to be faux-outraged over, but again, good points. I think you've actually changed my mind. Thanks for the effort man.

Just to give the first line a little more context, here's a report by a mobile games company detailing spending for their freemium games which is sort of applicable: http://landingpage.swrve.com/rs/swrve/images/swrve-monetization-report-0114.pdf

Highlights:
  • In a given month only 1.5% of players will spend any money at all
  • A full 50% of revenue derives from the top 10% of payers. To add further context, if we express that group as a % of total players they represent a mere 0.15% of that group.
    That number bears repeating: 0.15% of all monthly players contribute 50% of total revenue.
  • 13% of revenue comes solely from the top 1% of payers.
  • conversely a full 50% of all paying players contribute little over 11% of all revenues.

As a non-freemium game the revenue contributions are going to be different overall(since you need to buy the game), but I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers are basically the same when only taking into account microtransaction stuff.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Mister Fister posted:

Haven't tried that yet, i was using my index finger for c (crouch) and thumb for spacebar (jump)... dunno why using thumb for both would work better, i seem to be hitting both at the same time. Guess i'll try tonight, thanks.

Thumb will get you more consistent results because instead of trying to get the timing right between presses with different digits it'll just be about how fast you put your thumb down, but if you're desperate you could probably setup an autohotkey bind or something for it.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

willroc7 posted:

This is my latest fpp school drop game. It's vaguely entertaining, I think, because I should have died 2-3 times as I potato'd a ton of shots, but I came out on top by the skin of my teeth. It does seem like the skill levels are still totally all over the place in fpp.

The solution to someone grabbing a shotgun like that in the beginning is to jump and punch their head off, it is super satisfying.

I had a game where I spent too long thinking about how funny it would be to bonk a guy with a frying pan and ended up not being able to bonk him at all, I hung out just behind him for far too long before I even started recording, but I think I made up for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncPmBmQBGRI

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Has it been confirmed whether or not the gamescom crates will disappear or if keys will be available after the event ends?

Edit:

quote:

Once Gamescom is complete, on August 27th, the Gamescom Invitational Crate will be no longer available and removed from the game. We will then return to the free-to-open system. The Gamescom Invitational Crate, Wanderer Crate and Survivor Crate will be tradeable on the Steam Community Market going forward. Keys for a Gamescom Invitational Crate purchased on the Steam Community Market will still be available to purchase in-game.
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1438189263188767278

lohli fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 23, 2017

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Asking because choco was looking for a scope, walked into a room with a shotgun, and didn't check for the scope, he just saw the shotgun and left. So either 1) he's comfortable enough identifying a scope by sight or 2) what I'm asking is true. I know #1 is more likely but if #2 is what's happening it'd be nice to stop tabbing over every single cluster of equipment if it can't contain loot for my weapon.

Scopes all look different and are pretty distinct from anything else, the only ones that are sort of similar at glance are the 2x and the 4x, but you are familiar with what the items look like you can generally tell straight away whether or not what you're looking for is in a room. The exception is when there's a big pile of poo poo all overlapping.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Yea I didn't want to bite but if someone can't ID different scopes with a cursory glance in a room ho boy. I feel like only the newest players are having those problems. I hope.

Just lol if you haven't memorized every buildings layout (also I'm oddly jealous I want a fresh map to explore)

Randomized buildings would be neato, not cobbling together buildings out of parts because I'm sure it would be janky and terrible, but being able to drop into pochinki and have it be different every time would be loving cool as poo poo.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I just heard my first pubbie teammates using voice chat and it was an incredibly angry turkish guy talking most of the time, we bumped into people who saw us first and fired on us so we took a couple of hits and he started screaming "lovely TEAM loving lovely TEAM", and then he and someone else got downed and he screamed the same thing again, and then very angrily said "YES VERY GOOD PICKUP" after me and the other guy saved the day.

Later on we sort of got circlefucked but he started screaming "loving lovely TEAM" again after he tried to hide in a shitshack that was outside the blue zone and got downed by it.

Surprisingly not entirely turned off the idea of playing with pubbies and voice comms.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

turning off voice is dumb as hell. it owns having someone scream MERCY as they crawl around on the floor as you raise your shotgun to blow their brains out.

I'll have to get my poo poo set up to broadcast it in a dalek voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNOFxMpgjXI&t=26s

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Cage Kicker posted:

Yes, zeroing is incredibly useful once you get used to estimating distances. Mostly though it is switching from 100m >200m to hit guys slightly farther away.

Switching 100-200m is pretty pointless, I wouldn't recommend it unless someone is 400m+ away and even then I probably wouldn't because you can generally eyeball it and adjust if you need to.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Nevvy Z posted:

Can someone explain to me how all that relates to the 'range' on each gun referred to here:

Because i still don't loving understand that bit. I assume each marker is 100m? Do bullets just disappear after they hit their effective range, lose damage?

There is some damage drop-off but it's not some arbitrary nonsense distance where the bullets suddenly start doing half damage or disappear, the 5.56 weapons stop being able to oneshot players without helmets at something like 100m(they do just enough to OHK at full damage/close range) and I haven't seen testing done at longer ranges where they actually put out numbers, only borderline useless stuff like the jackfrags mythbusters video where they count the number of hits to kill.

But generally the range damage dropoff seems like it doesn't matter outside of edge-cases where certain thresholds are crossed and a one hit kill turns into a 2 hit kill at an extreme range.

You can get a decent look at what those might be by having a look at the damage chart that gets used in the discord:

Damage values that are only a couple of points just over 100, 50, 33, 25, 20, at longer ranges will take an extra bullet to kill someone, for 5.56 headshots that range is 100m(going off a months old jackfrags video), for other guns/bullet types or extreme ranges meaning it's +2 shots I couldn't tell you, we'll just have to wait for someone with custom games to do the testing.

Parallel Playa posted:

Zeroing at any distance is great, what are you talking about? The only requirement zeroing has is that you need to be good at estimating distances. If you are, there's literally no downside to using it constantly.

I find that it's less hassle most of the time to just aim up slightly. :shrug:
I've got something like 600 hours in Arma 2, so I'm not stranger to zeroing, but I'm also used to accounting for bullet drop when taking shots and in my experience ranging adjustments of only 100-200m at such short ranges aren't neccessary. Chocotaco is a very good player and it no doubt works for him, but for other less good players I feel like it's somehow overusing zeroing that will have people relying too much on hoping they got the right distance to keep things in the middle of their screen instead of learning how to deal with bullet drop and travel time together.

I see it more as a crutch that I'm concerned will help players land shots on stationary targets while not really being able to deal with medium-long distance moving targets so much.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Hop in the discord and play with goons, and try stuff like playing solo and jumping into busy areas and basically just deathmatching.

Maybe do the latter first because if you squad up with goons and die straight away then you're sort of stuck doing nothing until the team wins or wipes.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

there is not a "guns" in this game i will fight anyone who claims this fight me

There is not a "guns" but there is a "gun", the one true gun, the Crossbow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I also nearly got killed by someone with a VSS (shameful) because I had like 3 shots in a row hit the wooden frame between windowpanes. Thankfully I started shooting as they were loading so I managed to adjust in time to dome them.

The most shameful thing is to have your gun set to single when you manage to sneak up close enough to someone to rub the end of your gun on their butt and you pull and hold the trigger expecting a quick and dirty kill only to embarrassingly die when they whip around and shoot you full auto.

• Locked thread