Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Nevvy Z posted:

The kill feed should only be broadcast in giant letters in the sky, for my immersion.

I want this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

DrPlump posted:

The best thing about the horns is that they clearly bother Grimmmzzz by taking the seriousness out of the game. It is difficult to look hardcore when there is horns blaring in background randomly.

Honestly I would spend $200 for a Stat-Track™ Vuvuzela that keeps tracks of my blow jobs

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

otoh, viewers have a volume knob :gitgud:

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

If FPP is making you sick try turning FOV up

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

The guy in the back had to run around to the other side of the car! gently caress I would love to see the other perspective of this

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

https://pubg.me/weapons/submachine-guns

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Compensator and the angled grip are essential IMHO. I've had more success (late game when people are more likely to already be hurt) just spraying at people and hoping I get what I need, trying to tap/burst just means you're taking longer to kill them to save some ammo, IME this results in just getting swatted down with a proper rifle

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I loving love that Evermore secured 1st by hiding in that stoney asscrack, truly next level play. $15,000 :eyepop:

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

gently caress the money. Those pans are baller. I hope one of them wears it PUBG style

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Apparently you can disable the Forced Depth of Field in PUBG by changing one of the game files? I have not tried this yet myself

code:
PUBG: How to disable the forced depth of field.

Locate your engine.ini file. In my case it's here: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor 

Open engine.ini and paste these exact 2 lines:

[/script/engine.renderersettings]  
r.DepthOfField.MaxSize=0

Save and set file to read-only
Is this cheating? 🤔

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Put an 8X on an M416 today, won a duo dinner. Thought it would be silly but it turns out it's actually mad useful for picking off idiots. We were plinking away on people 1000m away and they had no idea what was going on

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

he's there

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Gotta jump n pump with the shotty. It's insane over walls and through windows from outside, once you get the timing down it's like a rage harvester

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

check the keybinds in options to see all the poo poo you can do

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

its never going to happen

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Are the servers hosed again? I keep getting dropped when the game should launch

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Frostbite is rear end, they've had what, 3 or 4 tries now and they still can't get DX12 working right? At least I gave PUBG my money. I stopped buying things on Origin after SimCity 5

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

It's your punishment for opening more than one crate per week

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Idk if there's a name for this spot but "Goatse Rock" seems fitting

M246 and a 15X, no you don't wanna know how this game ended

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I crouched under a buggy today, felt real good https://clips.twitch.tv/JazzyAgitatedWalrusMikeHogu

VulgarandStupid posted:

I don't think killing 3 people on Asia should be considered empirical data on something being good or not. I could probably machete 3 Asians in a game.

You can maintain a 3 KDR using just the dacia on AS servers with ease

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

balaclava + beanie is best

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Is there any way to measure how tight my butthole gets while I play?

https://clips.twitch.tv/FaithfulSucculentPicklesAliens

Edit: Realistically only had those 5 bullets, started running before the SKS reloaded

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 10, 2017

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

SealHammer posted:

imagine being this retarded for real

but ping locking doesnt help you in counterstrike why would it help you here :allears:

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

DarkDobe posted:

Is there no server side check to see 'oh hey this guy has moved impossibly far - fix it'? Or is that already too much work?

It seems really straightforward to do this in realtime, but it's deceptively hard and has a lot of interesting challenges/pitfalls/side effects.

I don't think Bluehole is even at a point where they are able to record reproducable demos of the game state, which is the first step in even being able to analyze replays and identify blatant cheating. It's telling that they are seemingly reliant on video evidence/personal emails/witch hunts.

I have a hard time holding this against them, even if you strip out all of the voice data, those demos are still going to take up a considerable amount of space. They're outpacing the supply of physical servers in multiple regions just hosting the games. I think we might get there eventually with local demos, I do wonder how long this game will stick around for

For as janky/unreliable as the servers can be, it's nice that I've never had to wait in a queue to log in

Fingers crossed that we see a massive loving ban wave before this next season, the populace thirsts for blood

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Chinese Shroud Impersonator with a sick 360 to getting shot in the head https://clips.twitch.tv/AthleticAwkwardTroutRickroll

E: Don't Hide Behind You're Boat

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Oct 11, 2017

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

imho if you weren't the first to land you have nobody to blame but yourself, gently caress all this other advice.

You're drops r bad

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

It's esports ready https://clips.twitch.tv/ArbitraryEasyNewtBCouch

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Just won a squad dinner with goons in which one of our goons was also killed by another goon, also with goons :sicknasty:

If you feel like watching the whole thing for some reason, https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181832930

Edit: this is the important part, the timestamp when weedbabygoku dies to an explosion (in the killfeed) https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181832930?t=15m30s

Have a nice bush picture

(Sometimes I like dying first because you can set everything to ultra and watch it like a movie)

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 13, 2017

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I usually notice funny names in the feed, earlier I saw chronic_nug get killed by a molotov

bobz0r shows up in the final minutes to kill builts, who is then killed by final_dreamer :allears: (E: timecode https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181832930?t=31m10s

it would be fun to do some all goon customs, do a few self-assigned squad games, then a few where the good people are split up and loaded up with bads

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Oct 13, 2017

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

The only assholes left at this point are seemingly FPS noobs who dont know to shut up when they're dead :rolleyes:

If you're worried about accidentally using prox chat and giving yourself away, Control + Y changes voice channels. (T toggles voice in general)

Can't remember which goon it was but someone we murdered actually told us "good luck" instead of calling us racial slurs

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

bigmandan posted:

Do you have a source for the bans not actually preventing people from playing?

Pretty sure it involves circumventing some of the client side validation, given that they're using coherent (webkit UI middleware, it's not bad it just lends itself to exploitation if the backend's api is flimsy), it's probably as easy as pinning a cert (probably not) and changing some json on the way up. As long as they have a valid steam account with the game they should be able to do this indefinitely. This is why so many people want Bluehole to switch to steam vac/hw id bans (which would also permanently brand their steam profile). It might even be as simple as preventing the dialog box that informs you that you're banned from appearing rofl

In the past week I've seen some awesome poo poo, top two have to be:

A guy landing ~200m out from Yas apartments in the middle of the loving cornfields. I land on a roof with an AK, figure dude's toast. Wrong! Motherfucker hits the turbo button and all of the sudden he's running a 5 second 100m dash.

Later on, our entire squad getting headfucked with a crossbow repeatedly from >400m. P sure we all had at least 2 stuck in our heads at the end of that game

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Be like me, have a giant mouse pad but set your dpi to 1600 anyways

the rest of the space is for weed

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

^Thats what I use, love em

You also need weed crumbs in your keyboard to reduce key travel distance and maximize performance

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

It's like the 130th keyboard WASDKeyboards ever sold, pretty sure I used every color they had in 2011. I will likely die from option paralysis before I buy anything else

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Even with level 3 helmets and armor, crotch/butt shots bypass that and do full damage :eng101:

I had really bad gas in the bathroom again, this happens way too often to be an accident

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

GOONS STOLE ARE DINER11!!!!!

Zipperelli. posted:

Are you... are you playing with a controller?

Yes, I am playing with a controller.

I leave it plugged in and sit on it to make my balls and shaft jiggle

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

TRIPLE CHICKEN DINNER!!! We just got 3 back-to-back-to-back. Weird games, I had 0 kills until 12 left in the first one until I tripped over and murdered two grass snakes.

Relive the experience, buy the tshirt, make and then eat some tacos! https://www.twitch.tv/videos/182534834

As far as dynamic range compression goes, the Steelseries Arctis 5 has an onboard hardware DSP that is configured via software to save your hearing without introducing the latency or other compromises incurred by using software DSP. It won't save you from quiet goons who mumble into their microphones (there's a discord/game knob for that), but it will allow you to mute the game without your ears ringing from the 0.2 seconds of airplane/buggy noise.

I turn it off when I play CS:GO, it makes it harder to locate shots IME

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Anyway, if you think playing PUBG is worth permanent hearing damage that's your thing, some people would prefer to avoid it.

What about the permanetn drain bramaeg, how do I avoid that?

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I think they should make all planes louder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

• Locked thread