Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Many aussies play this game? I need friends to play with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

cosmicjim posted:

I've been on holiday and not at my computer. I'm having withdraws from pubg so I decided to watch it on twitch. I've never watched a popular stream before, and this poo poo is weird. I'm watching a guy play pubg with 25k people watching him and he's complaining about donations and telling people to stop because they are distracting him and he's saying things like he "hates his viewers" and donations just keep pouring in. What the gently caress is wrong with all of these people?

They are trolling him by giving him money

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Theres no downsides to turning draw distance to minimum right? It doesn't effect player rendering?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Dont smoke yourself in a 1v1. You tell the entire field look here when you chuck them, chuck them at your enemy if you can.

If you chuck it at your feet, the enemy can ads and wait for you to run out. Chuck it at them they have a big target on their head + cant see out + are forced to move to a less choice position

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
PROEST TIP:

If you knock 3 people and the shooting stops BUT you haven't been credited kills, they still have a fourth. If you kill someone and they have a buddy, thats when they get knocked. if you kill someone in the fight and there arent a bunch of kills awarded after that, there are still more left. Said this twice to people in discord who then died saying "nah they are all dead"

If someone calls instant, it means they died without getting knocked. You can only be knocked if you have standing squad members left to rez you.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Man it's loving bullshit that I died from jumping off a speeding motorbike into shallow water. I deserved that crate.

surface tention brother

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

rumble in the bunghole posted:

there's no way anyone's going to bother putting that in a game right? It only matters for cool motorbike stunts.

they dont need to you already died.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Is there a goon called RitikaSA or something?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Practice making quick accurate calls in non stressful situations and it'll come to you. Just something you gotta practice, we all cant be as calm as Lohli

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

96 spacejam posted:

Probably also depends on the guns. I can't remember the gun he was using but it was fully modded.

But yeah, just looked through a bunch of threads of Reddit regarding the issue and the consensus from people that seemingly know what they're talking about is that recoil is unpredictable, unlike CS:GO or other pew pew games.

good

practicing recoil patterns would be supremo unfun

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

thegoat posted:

https://twitter.com/BattleRoyaleMod/status/885446512825647107

Finally I can stop playing with all these bad players who abuse 3rd person

WIll third person be available still? First person only doesn't appeal to me that much

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I feel like getting the drop and being accurate is more important than weapon choice in this game. Even good players panic when surprised, you gotta be accurate enough to take advantage of it. Except shotguns, they are the most rng this game has

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 14, 2017

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Ive played with 3-4 goons who say "i need a gun" and wont take uzis on the ground. Dont do that

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Rad Valtar posted:

So I just bought this game two days ago and I'm already addicted. Me and my friend had two top ten games last night and I fired maybe 5 bullets. Starting to realize this is a game more about survivng for 90% of the game then finishing people off if you make it to the end.

master the art of aggression and then you will be sneaky because everyone around you is dead

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Its still a beta, wait for the full release to upgrade your pc for this game

Also, ask the pc building thread in hardware and software, those guys are gunna know a lot more than people here

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
tuned in on Grimmmz checking the stats of a guy who killed him, checked out his 1 kd and concluded it Must have been a Stream Snipe Lag Switch

"He has a kd of 1. An average of 1 kill per match. Only 1 kill be it squad game or solo game. hmmmmmm"

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jul 17, 2017

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Tonetta posted:

this probably has more to do with you sitting in private channels & statsing people as a pre-requisite of replying to them whatsoever than the demand for a private server.

yeah lol at !stats'ing people before deeming them worthy of receiving tech support

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Cicadalek posted:

I don't use the goon discord but what I'm hearingis that you join a channel, ask to play a game, and then you have a 50/50 chance to either play a game or being hissed at by a goose who doesn't know how questions work. In both cases you will be insulted afterwards in this thread

Worrying about KDR seems like so against the spirit of the game. It is easy worth dying a hundred deaths in exchange for that one game where you totally manage to ramp a car onto the roof of a house like that one video.

Goku is right about that though, don't join discords and talk a tonne.

E: You can probably find people to play with you just don't be like some goons and be super defeatist AND bad AND homophobic when you kill dudes.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Brownie posted:

The discord is good although occasionally people will just start telling you how bad your stats are. It's not just one person, it's a handful from what I've seen. But that's fine, I personally don't really care being told my stats are bad (they are). Most goons are cool enough that I don't get annoyed even after several rounds.

However, there are a few players who will literally talk over others while they announce enemy positions to ask for scopes or ammo or if anyone's found a kar98. That's not cool! Looting a downed enemy instead of reviving is not cool. Looting downed enemies that you didn't kill and taking all the good poo poo while your teammates revive each other is also not cool. It's not cool to say stuff like "Bad guys right there in front of me" when no one has any idea who "me" is or what direction you're facing. These players can have high K/D or hundreds of hours in the game. They suck a lot more than goons being a bit uppity about who they play with.

Most goons are cool and good and were very nice to me when I first started playing.

shots close south eaHAS ANYONE GOT A BARREL FOR AN AR?

Warbird posted:

It would be nice to have a LFG channel or the like in the Discord.

there is

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Fried Watermelon posted:

The worst is when goons get pissy when people don't say their names after a squad mate calls out a direction

"Three guys at 245"

"245 ON WHO"

Maybe learn people's voices / use the Discord overlay?

So far I've only met three goons that I'll never play with again and they are all bottom of the barrel players. Always calling people out for stats in chat, bitching about how we are giving too much useless information in voice chat, actively insulting people when they gently caress up, and to top it off getting no kills and crawling on the edge of the circle while the rest of us are in a fire fight.

how do you learn a voice if the voice won't tell you who they are

there's a lot of white male americans with poo poo mics on the discord too not everyone is distinct. I can count the goons whose voices I remember on 1 hand only because they aren't american or male

DrPlump posted:

Talk things out like men instead of kicking each other through glass doors!

this gimmick isn't funny at all sorry your favourite streamer got banned

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 18, 2017

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
This is not a game for milspergs but people like to use words like defilade sometimes

I say things like contact for an enemy and clear for sweeping houses and so do lots of others. Probably watched too much csi as a kid.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

WirelessPillow posted:

Game runs better with some things on medium rather than low, no idea why. Should experiment turning graphics up and see if it improves.

Putting things on low puts more strain on the cpu. Turning them up puts it onto the gpu.

Idk why low settings are processed by the cpu but theres probably a reason

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Tonetta posted:

you're telling me the ragey crybaby streamer has a ragey crybaby following?

children on the internet

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

cosmicjim posted:

Which will in turn make it easier to for him to win.

$50 a win. That feels painfully expensive, but on the flip side that isn't much money for the booster if it ends up taking 10 or more games to complete.
I could see there being a market for people that want to impress their friends that also play.

people pay thousands to be boosted in league. literal thousands per person

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

chocoTaco posted:

hey guys! it's chocoTaco. I'm new to the forums...thought you guys might enjoy my first PUBG video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25DdVZeT6q8

can you troll grimmmz on our behalf?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

buckets of buckets posted:

Surely its accurate for 5,56 weapons in the game if nothing else? It'd be nice if it works for everything though

Nah they fly flat and slow

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
paging lohli

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Gildiss posted:

I always go prone on the tail of the plane to block others from climbing it and boggle at how my dude can plank while only making contact with part of his hip.

he does a lot of situps

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

DrNutt posted:

Are people really that obsessed with stats or is it more of a jokey thing? I just play to have fun, and I stick to NA servers because I'd rather have a decent connection than "easier" opponents and weird lag issues.

I suck but I'm an old man with old man reflexes so whatever. Seems like there's a lot of salt that goes around w/ this game for some reason.

i like watching my stats go up

stat tracking is buggy atm though, its not counting games. Also pubg.me had an update I think, so now the discord bot doesn't work for all servers

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The entire point is to be the last person alive. The guy who gets 5 kills then dies 6th is a lot further away from winning than the guy who gets to the final 2 without killing anyone.

the guiy with kills 5 is going to be a heck of a lot more likely to get to the top 2 and then go on to win than a dork in a bush with 2 redbulls and a vector

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Technically speaking, someone with a 98.0 KDR could have 0 wins, and someone with 0 kills ever could win every single game they played. While KDR is generally an indicator of skill, it doesn't mean everything.

this is some bitch poo poo

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

We won that game

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Carebearz posted:

your Star Lord coat was the obvious reason behind your victory

it really is (i murdered the last guy)

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

lohli posted:

I've noticed that people like this generally don't improve, maybe they'll get embarrassed and chill out for a short while after someone makes a point of how ridiculous they have been behaving but they never really stop getting mad at videogames.

Edit: Also he's more likely to just drive off anyone who has the displeasure of playing with him, if you play with a group of regulars and you bring him along, they'll avoid him if the group is big enough for that to be viable but they'll go elsewhere if they can't get away from him.

They get better when they start dealing with the problems in their life that are the root cause of their anger.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
https://pubgtracker.com/insights/skillrating?mode=1
apparently im top 2.1% material with a sub 1.0 kd overall

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
i am only wearing pants because it is winter right now and my legs get cold but i will think you will find i am not a tryhard KDR caring player, i love to hide in bushes

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

VulgarandStupid posted:

Isn't hiding at all considered try-hardering?

poo poo i will have to readjust my playstyle to accomodate this new information

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
ok i have come up with a new hot plan: camp the wizard tower side rooms

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'll be starting up a list of people in Discord who shouldn't be allowed to drive. Probably !donotdrive or !dnd. Go ahead and send me nominations for bad drivers who will get your entire squad killed. Attach video evidence if possible.

JockMasterFlex

Ownenated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

excellent

• Locked thread